Giglio Finally Backs Down; Cuse to Orlando, NC State to the Bronx! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Giglio Finally Backs Down; Cuse to Orlando, NC State to the Bronx!

BC is 7-5 and we crushed them. Pitt is 7-6. Behind the scenes I think we have our choice or at least a strong say in our Tier 1 bowl if we don’t get Orlando. The more I think about it if we end up in NYC it’s probably because the athletic dept actually wants that. Basically we could get passed over for Orlando but if we don’t get Sun, or even Belk, it’s because the university wants the team in NYC. If that plays out we shouldn’t necessarily feel robbed as fans.
I highly doubt anyone in our athletic dept wants to go back to the Bronx.

He's still guessing.
I'm not saying it's impossible that NC State will be in the Camping World bowl but none of this is based on inside info.

He's not guessing. I've been saying it since Monday. Giglio is THE ACC bowl guy. And as some have said, he's not been flip-flopping. If he's changed positions during the week, its because he received new information. That's not flip-flopping. These situations are fluid.

Thankfully I haven't allowed myself to get too hyped about Orlando since early this week so I'm not going to be crushed. Still sucks though. This team deserves some Central Florida sunshine this year (and so do I).

And what REALLY sucks is that the fanbase is engaged, and I think we'd have a chance to get a very nice crowd down in Orlando, and maybe start to change the perception of us as a travelling fan base (and maybe pleasantly surprise Dino too). But instead, the Bronx for the 2nd time in a month. Yippee.

ACC wants NC State - it’s a founding memeber school in NC. Giglio is informed by NC connections.

It’s just another obstacle and proof that the climb back to the top will mean fighting our way through NC ACC bias.

I would love for SU to play Penn State, although I guess be careful what you ask for as they say. Penn State beat Pitt 51-6. But then again UCF beat Pitt 45-14. Pitt does deserve credit for playing against some really good teams. Even so, I do think SU could beat Penn State nonetheless, but it would take a great game.

He's not guessing. I've been saying it since Monday. Giglio is THE ACC bowl guy. And as some have said, he's not been flip-flopping. If he's changed positions during the week, its because he received new information. That's not flip-flopping. These situations are fluid.

Thankfully I haven't allowed myself to get too hyped about Orlando since early this week so I'm not going to be crushed. Still sucks though. This team deserves some Central Florida sunshine this year (and so do I).
He's been flipping all week someone tweeted him about the sun bowl and he said syracuse and pitt could flip

True. My point is the ACC good ol boys won’t keep us from every single bowl, going to NYC might be the university’s doings, but I don’t think Pinstripe is the likely outcome yet.

I would love for SU to play Penn State, although I guess be careful what you ask for as they say. Penn State beat Pitt 51-6. But then again UCF beat Pitt 45-14. Pitt does deserve credit for playing against some really good teams. Even so, I do think SU could beat Penn State nonetheless, but it would take a great game.
Ped st who has the same record as us is actually going to a good bowl bc their conference doesn't suck.

He's been flipping all week someone tweeted him about the sun bowl and he said syracuse and pitt could flip

Well of course thats true. He's saying that potentially this could happen IF Wildhack decided that we wanted to not go to the Bronx twice in the last month. That's not flip flopping, he's saying there is a chance that this could happen because of us not wanting to go back to Yankee Stadium.

Maybe the Yankees throw around a lot of expensive perks and fringe benefits. Especially to people they know.

Nobody seems to have an idea on the Sun. They were always going to take a Northeastern team in my opinion. It’s looking possible we could be that team.

Maybe the Yankees throw around a lot of expensive perks and fringe benefits. Especially to people they know.
More reason for me to hate the Yankees more if they give judge to the mets ill buy 50 tickets and get a pinstripe bowl tat.

True. My point is the ACC good ol boys won’t keep us from every single bowl, going to NYC might be the university’s doings, but I don’t think Pinstripe is the likely outcome yet.

You are completely guessing and have no clue what you’re talking about, so maybe stop repeating the university wants to go to Pinstripe because there’s zero truth in that

Ped st who has the same record as us is actually going to a good bowl bc their conference doesn't suck.

What conference should SU be in then?

I believe in part it is the public perception of their conference. I hope the ACC run the tables in the bowl games. I don't think it is your fathers ACC anymore personally

No word on Syracuse obviously but I work with a guy who played cornerback at Iowa state 2011- 2012, but still keeps in contact with people in program even though Paul Rhoads is gone, and he says they all believe with 100 %certainty they are going to Camping World Bowl.

I
I believe in part it is the public perception of their conference. I hope the ACC run the tables in the bowl games. I don't think it is your fathers ACC anymore personally
If we don't get the camping I'm rooting for nc state to get slaughtered.

And what REALLY sucks is that the fanbase is engaged, and I think we'd have a chance to get a very nice crowd down in Orlando, and maybe start to change the perception of us as a travelling fan base (and maybe pleasantly surprise Dino too). But instead, the Bronx for the 2nd time in a month. Yippee.

He may be THE ACC bowl guy, but’s many bowls. I’m sure he’s never 100% on every bowl. Taking SU and NCSt our of the equation, I would think the media entity whose main focus is the Orlando Bowl and the company that owns the sponsor of that bowl game, would both have more insight.

No word on Syracuse obviously but I work with a guy who played cornerback at Iowa state 2011- 2012, but still keeps in contact with people in program even though Paul Rhoads is gone, and he says they all believe with 100 %certainty they are going to Camping World Bowl.
A lot of posters on their forum seem to think Alamo.

I

If we don't get the camping I'm rooting for nc state to get slaughtered.

Go for it! I'm rooting for State to win and none of their fans to show up.

There are a ton of factors other than records that people are missing, why we likely go to camping world. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen but the idea we’re getting overlooked is silly until it happens.

I am not saying he is right, but guy is as well connected as I know to Iowa State, he bleeds that school still wears his pinstripe bowl jacket lol.

Go for it! I'm rooting for State to win and none of their fans to show up.

Boom. 1 factor... the idea their fan base shows up in force at these bowls is silly and will cause CW to overlook us. It’s false

He may be THE ACC bowl guy, but’s many bowls. I’m sure he’s never 100% on every bowl. Taking SU and NCSt our of the equation, I would think the media entity whose main focus is the Orlando Bowl and the company that owns the sponsor of that bowl game, would both have more insight.

Fair point on your first 2 sentences. I certainly dont take it his word as gospel, because I don't think anyone has 100% information as to the potential horse-trading going on behind the scenes. And I don't claim to know his past year performance since we've had no reason to follow it in past years due to the bowl-less streak.

But I also doubt that anyone at the Orlando Sentinel or ESPN are tracking the Camping World all that closely enough to really have any more real insight into it either.

Hoping like hell that you're right though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom