Giglio Finally Backs Down; Cuse to Orlando, NC State to the Bronx! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Giglio Finally Backs Down; Cuse to Orlando, NC State to the Bronx!

Isn’t NC State in a position to purchase a bigger allotment of tickets than SU?

why would you say that, nc state could not even sell its allotment last year to sun

Joe’s credible. I dont understand why some posters insist on discrediting him when he has very rational predictions

why would you say that, nc state could not even sell its allotment last year to sun

Exactly. As I wrote above. This idea they might pass us because they travel well. I’m pretty sure the lack of tickets they sold last year has some impact on CW thoughts.

Joe’s credible. I dont understand why some posters insist on discrediting him when he has very rational predictions

so what about all the other "credible" and "rational" journalists out there? Do we just discredit them? He doesn't know more than any other journalist, and if he gets it right, great, he made a good guess.

so what about all the other "credible" and "rational" journalists out there? Do we just discredit them? He doesn't know more than any other journalist, and if he gets it right, great, he made a good guess.
I havent discredited other journalists. I just like giglio’s reasonings, i think they’re realistic. He also called syracuse’s rise to prominence this year along with Louisville’s fall (i think)

Because others are more credible specific to the CW bowl. Plus I discredit him when he starts with the NCSt traveling so well. They don’t and I’d bet SU would out draw them to this specific bowl this specific year. So he’s using faulty logic. And right now this year the names Babers and Dungey are a sexier name for national tv and the media. Not even close.

Because others are more credible specific to the CW bowl. Plus I discredit him when he starts with the NCSt traveling so well. They don’t and I’d bet SU would out draw them to this specific bowl this specific year. So he’s using faulty logic. And right now this year the names Babers and Dungey are a s e xier name for national tv and the media. Not even close.
I dont disagree with you but I wouldn’t be surprised if the cwb just views nc state as a safe option if ISU’s drawn. ISU is such a bad draw for a bowl in Orlando. At least ncsu’s a couple states away as opposed to New York. Of course we likely travel better. Didnt ncsu not even fill their alotment for atlanta a few years ago?

It just makes sense that NCSU would be a safety valve for a selection as disadvantageous as ISU

I havent discredited other journalists. I just like giglio’s reasonings, i think they’re realistic. He also called syracuse’s rise to prominence this year along with Louisville’s fall (i think)

His prediction may be correct but his logic isn't waterproof. He claims that NCS will go to Camping for attendance reasons. Why wouldn't the Alamo Bowl, which is the key decision-maker at this point, go with ISU over WVU for the same reasons? Iowa State fans will travel and they're about 500 miles closer to San Antonio than West Virginia.

Iowa State football notes: Fans travel to Kansas game in droves

His prediction may be correct but his logic isn't waterproof. He claims that NCS will go to Camping for attendance reasons. Why wouldn't the Alamo Bowl, which is the key decision-maker at this point, go with ISU over WVU for the same reasons? Iowa State fans will travel and they're about 500 miles closer to San Antonio than West Virginia.

Iowa State football notes: Fans travel to Kansas game in droves

Good point. Does the alamo bowl have a better casual fan drawing than Orlando? That meaning local unaffiliated fans that just go because it’s what the city does.

Not trying to make a point, genuinely asking

Good point. Does the alamo bowl have a better casual fan drawing than Orlando? That meaning local unaffiliated fans that just go because it’s what the city does.

Hard to say. Alamo Bowl has strong attendance numbers but that may be skewed by the fact that nearly every other year they've had a Texas or Oklahoma team playing in it. They might play it safe and go with an old Big 8 team like ISU for attendance purposes. But if they pick WSU as the PAC-12 rep they might want a coach vs. mentor matchup for television.

One thing is true.

There are currently more threads discussing possible bowl destinations then there are possible bowl destinations.

And I think Giglio’s name might be in more subject titles than Dino’s.

I agree, just think the Orlando Sentinel might also have some good sources.

Because others are more credible specific to the CW bowl. Plus I discredit him when he starts with the NCSt traveling so well. They don’t and I’d bet SU would out draw them to this specific bowl this specific year. So he’s using faulty logic. And right now this year the names Babers and Dungey are a s e xier name for national tv and the media. Not even close.

To your point - it sounds like ACC and NC State talking points

Fun fact

Ames. IA to Orlando is only 150 miles longer by driving than Syracuse to Orlando. They are a state school. They will travel pretty well to Florida. San Antonio is still over a 1000 mile drive for them. They have the same issues we have.

I think we are still going to the Camping Bowl...NC St is a mirage.

Yes they do...SA gives out free and/or sells cheap tickets to Military. The bowl almost always has great attendance. CWB is the younger sister to the CItrus Bowl...

If the cwb was so high on nc state why did they come out and say syracuse was the first team being discussed?

Better tell Chris Carlson that

His Syracuse dot com article mentions nc state traveling better than SU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom