Gillon is David Patrick | Syracusefan.com

Gillon is David Patrick

He's better than that. I get that he's 5'9 and will have trouble finishing amongst the trees, but you'd think he would have made one or two of those almost by accident or pure luck or something. He had to be like 0-8 around the rim. And the few times he got fouled, he even missed some FT's. Frustrating.

While I'm at it, why the f does White shoot fade away FT's? Supposed to be such a deadeye shooter and he's up there shooting fadeaway FT's, clanking all kinds of much needed supposedly easy ones. So disappointing.

wee darby o-gillon had one nice 2 minute shooter to throw back with 35 minutes of what the

and the thing is, much of Dion's attitude his frosh year was he thought he was being wronged with PT - Frankie has no such claim, he's being given every chance via big minutes

and the thing is, much of Dion's attitude his frosh year was he thought he was being wronged with PT - Frankie has no such claim, he's being given every chance via big minutes

I haven't noticed this "horrible attitude" others are talking about, but if it's true...add that to the things I'm baffled about with Howard this year. What possible reason would he have to have a bad attitude? Just play better. That's it.

I haven't noticed this "horrible attitude" others are talking about, but if it's true...add that to the things I'm baffled about with Howard this year. What possible reason would he have to have a bad attitude? Just play better. That's it.
yeah I don't think it's been "horrible" like some are suggesting but his body language has been pretty bad (esp in the SC game and yesterday)

yeah I don't think it's been "horrible" like some are suggesting but his body language has been pretty bad (esp in the SC game and yesterday)

I agree. I hesitate to say he has a bad attitude. I think, just like everyone else, he had high hopes for the team and himself this season, and is having trouble handling the frustration at times. I guess some might call that a bad attitude but not sure I would go that far.

He is a lot better than either Wright or Patrick. Probably not a good fit for us. But I could see him doing a lot of damage against us.

Agreed. Dumb thread. And not just because I'm "defending" Gillon -- much of this criticism of him is off the mark, and the data bears that out.

Agreed. Dumb thread. And not just because I'm "defending" Gillon -- much of this criticism of him is off the mark, and the data bears that out.
While Gillon has disappointed in big spots (as have all of the rotation guys), if you look at advanced metrics like PER, TS% and eFG%, he has the numbers of a star, and actually leads this team in each of those categories to date. So while he may not be passing the eye test, it's really ludicrous to be comparing him to the likes of Josh Wright, David Patrick and Kaleb Joseph.

we shouldn't turn on our own ever. this team has shown some glaring weaknesses but pointing fingers only dramatizes the conflict between the civilizing instinct and the barbarizing instinct that exist in all human beings. i learned that lesson after reading lord of the flies in 9th grade .
just before that m%$therf564KER coach demoted me to 2nd string . hand to god if i saw that smug old basterd today...

Last edited:

Data against good teams does not. But if that's convenient for you, so be it.

Data against good teams does not. But if that's convenient for you, so be it.

The data does not fit the asinine David Patrick comparison.

And while he hasn't been great, the data certainly supports that he's been a lot better than Howard. You should go look before you comment.

Last edited:
The data does not fit the asinine David Patrick comparison.

And while he hasn't been great, the data certainly supports that he's been a lot better than Howard. You should go look before you comment.

Somewhere please find where I have compared Gillon and Howard.

Agreed - he's much better than Patrick. And he's not horrible.

Just not as good as you claimed him to be preseason and not good enough against good teams to help this team get to where we want it to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom