Gillon looked free as a bird out there tonight | Syracusefan.com

Gillon looked free as a bird out there tonight

GooseMutt

All Conference
he was fearlessly running all night and driving/penetrating the lane. Looked like he didn't have a care in the world about being pulled. He energized this team offensively and the D looked tight. If fact, all the players looked comfortable out there . Gillon was moving so quickly at times I couldn't tell if his teammates were running to get to open spots or the hell out of his way. Great game.

th

he was fearlessly running all night and driving/penetrating the lane. Looked like he didn't have a care in the world about being pulled. He energized this team offensively and the D looked tight. If fact, all the players looked comfortable out there . Gillon was moving so quickly at times I couldn't tell if his teammates were running to get to open spots or the hell out of his way. Great game.

...and he also made a ton of mistakes, which he can iron out now that he'll be getting the bulk of minutes at lead guard. Hope he continues to improve / show consistency, because we're a different team with quality play from the point.

I see Gillon as our Edelin. I think Frank can add value a la Josh Pace. We need White to be our shooter akin to Cooney. Lydon is our 'Melo and Robey our Hakim. Battle as a frosh is a step above Kueth as a senior, with roll players mixed in. Lets do this baby!!! Finally feeling much better tonight and feeling a lot better about my upcoming road trips to Blacksburg and Chapel Hill these next two weeks to support our Orange.

I see Gillon as our Edelin. I think Frank can add value a la Josh Pace. We need White to be our shooter akin to Cooney. Lydon is our 'Melo and Robey our Hakim. Battle as a frosh is a step above Kueth as a senior, with roll players mixed in. Lets do this baby!!! Finally feeling much better tonight and feeling a lot better about my upcoming road trips to Blacksburg and Chapel Hill these next two weeks to support our Orange.

Some stretches in there, but I gotta love the optimism!

Nothing like comparing our current team to the 2003 Championship team, but with Cooney instead of McNamara? I think?

Gillon was great tonight. There was a good period of time where I forgot how short he is and was focused on how quick he was. Honest question for anyone to discuss. It seemed like there wasn't a lot of guys just pulling up and shooting a three over the top of him. Was that because he was better closing out and with the handoff and wasn't out of position. Can he play 35 minutes at his size without being a liability. I didn't think so but tonight almost changed my mind. I hate to judge anything off of 1 game but it was night a day tonight.

That Lydon comparison to Melo though...

Much faster than Billy was, completely different type of pgs.

I don't want Frank adding S%&t right now. Not ever again

Edelin >>>>>Gillon
Pace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Howard
White >> Cooney
Melo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lydon
Hakim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roberson
Senior Duany>>>>Battle

Frank ain't got it, and maybe won't ever get it.

Edelin >>>>>Gillon
Pace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Howard
White >> Cooney
Melo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lydon
Hakim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roberson
Senior Duany>>>>Battle
White is no where near the player Cooney was.

White is no where near the player Cooney was.

White is significantly better at shooting. It's hard to compare the two on defense since they play different positions, but at this point, Cooney obviously forced more turnovers at the top of the zone and would get the nod currently. White's best defensive game was yeaterday though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom