Gillon shot [pic] | Syracusefan.com

Gillon shot [pic]

Digger

2nd String
IMG_0163.jpg

We had a bench player on the court. Now That would have been some call.

He was good. Just on the baseline in the Orange area.

Where? The guy at the baseline is off the court, the reflection from the ad makes it hard to see though.

it's also crazy how open Tyus was on the wing - no time, I know, but wow

He was wide open early in the clock with more than enough time to get it to him. I think Tyus hits that shot to win as well. John wasn't looking anywhere other than the rim though, for good reason.

Cruz Jr and Kennard having 4 fouls a piece helped here. They wanted nothing to do with defense.

It has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but, if I remember correctly, the first person to grab Gillon was Frank Howard. I really hope Frank has learned a lot this year.

Really think he has. Been watching his interactions with Gillon and Tyler Lydon very, very closely the past 8-10 games. The progress is undeniable. I think he's understanding his role and being more vocal, constructively.

Frank's taken some big, absolutely necessary steps, maturity wise in the 2nd half of the season it seems. Whether or not it counts for anything to Jimmy is anybody's guess. I know many here are still anything but impressed with the kid. I'm trying to remain a little open minded until we hear more after our 2nd National Championship this March.

It has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but, if I remember correctly, the first person to grab Gillon was Frank Howard. I really hope Frank has learned a lot this year.

I thought I saw that also, but there are so many things to watch on that play, I kept forgetting to check that out again for confirmation.

major brain fart by the Duke defenders, letting him dribble all the way to shooting position before picking him up. with that amount of time, gotta try to slow him down or even pass it ... only needed to burn a second and a half and they get OT (where at least 2 of them would have fouled out & we win going away, but still)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom