Girard | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

Hearing the NCAA is going to disqualify Girard for this. NCAA is also going to take away another 100 games from Jimmy and 2 scholarships for 2939 years.
They did agree the dq could be lifted and all will be forgiven if he were to immediately transfer to Kansas, UNC, UL, AZ, Duke or UK. (Syracuse will still be out W's and scholarships though).

It was such a weird post by Axe. Paulus didnt even talk crap. He just flopped a lot. And Devo didn’t even flop. He just talked crap a lot.

And Pun wasn’t even a player. He just crushed a lot. Sorry. Only some will get that, but I had to do it.
I think he meant that they're the kind of player that everybody hates, except fans of the team they're on.

You all are hilarious. If this was true, Joe wouldn’t have run away.

Sheesh
Stoppppppp if he stayed there and jawed with him people would be mad. What he did had nothing to do with being soft or being scared of losing a fight that wasn't going to happen.

I'm sure that clown and the other clown Hubb were talking all game and there was already bad blood from the first game. So we win the game, he cries about a call, Girard hands him the ball and leaves. It was subtle and hilarious.

If you think JG3 is scared of anybody on a basketball court you're crazy. Give me three more years game-icing free throws and trash talk.

My comparisons for Girard are Scottie Reynolds/Chris Quinn mix. A little crafty, but enjoys shooting the ball from all over the court.

Before you all jump all over me, just know Ive seen actions like Joes called technicals 3 times already this year on my sons team. We don’t need it.
I think we need a trash talker/instigator, we haven't had that type of energy in a while. From my experience and observations nothing gets a team fired up like a little conflict. I love it

In addition to toughnes, stones, and confidence -- this kid is totally unafraid. HS level of competition be damned.

And his point guard capabilities [such as his handle, his willingness to pass, etc.] are above what just about everybody expected. We're really lucky to have this kid.

Think of how good he's going to be in two years, when he is massively experienced and has figured the college game out. Hell, he's pretty dangerous now as a streak scorer.

In addition to toughnes, stones, and confidence -- this kid is totally unafraid. HS level of competition be damned.

And his point guard capabilities [such as his handle, his willingness to pass, etc.] are above what just about everybody expected. We're really lucky to have this kid.

Think of how good he's going to be in two years, when he is massively experienced and has figured the college game out. Hell, he's pretty dangerous now as a streak scorer.

It is -- and I don't mean this in a backhanded way -- pretty impressive to look at how well he's doing while recognizing the things he doesn't do well. Like: a) he doesn't play much defense, b) Howard Washington's a more effective half-court facilitator, and c) his shooting numbers aren't so hot despite rock-solid form.

But he's a freshman, and there's every reason to think he'll have a normal learning curve and become pretty good at all of those things. On top of his decent production right now.

Yeah, he could be very good as a junior and senior.

His ability to draw fouls from centers and 4’s is unbelievably impressive

High IQ

Kind of a puss move to talk smack or show someone up and run away like a B.

If any player did that to us this place would go insane and there would be a 20 page topic.
I think--one day after the Kansas-KState melee--that was the right move.

Mostly applies to Girard, but to a couple others as well. I've never been even close to as confident in free throws as I am with this year's team. It's so weird seeing Girard go to the line and legitimately expecting him not to miss any. There's a lot to be excited about with him.

Before you all jump all over me, just know Ive seen actions like Joes called technicals 3 times already this year on my sons team. We don’t need it.
The game was over. The refs had no power at that point.

Yeah, but - he played QB in HS for like 5 years, and won a State Championship doing so;
it's not like he's never encountered contact or physical play in his life, and from bigger dudes.
Plus it was TJ Gibbs...it's not like he started something with Mooney...who might be able to swallow him in one bite!

I have zero problem with what he did(if the game wasn't a two point game, but being close he needed to be careful) especially after Hubb in the Dome last time. My guess is they were jawing all game and Joe got the last word without even saying anything.

Yeah, but - he played QB in HS for like 5 years, and won a State Championship doing so;
it's not like he's never encountered contact or physical play in his life, and from bigger dudes.

I know the kids story lol I just don't think he's Conner McGreggor. I actually believe the only reason he didn't stand his ground and ran away is because of what happened in the Kansas game. Everyone saw the penalties that came down the line.

Even in the later days of the Big East there were some world class bullies. Blair, Adrian, and Crowder etc etc

Makes me think of Chevy Troutman. Older than those guys, but the ugliest of them all, and probably in my top 5 of most hated rival players. I used to have a picture of him on my dart board as a teenager. Forget the other two. Think Krauser was one, then some bum from UCon. Believe it was the fool that is still washing Louie’s junk off his face. Hilton Armstrong.

Plus it was TJ Gibbs...it's not like he started something with Mooney...who might be able to swallow him in one bite!

I have zero problem with what he did(if the game wasn't a two point game, but being close he needed to be careful) especially after Hubb in the Dome last time. My guess is they were jawing all game and Joe got the last word without even saying anything.
Here's a screengrab from late in the game. Before Syracuse attempted to inbound the ball after Elijah had taken a timeout, the refs went to look at the monitor to double-check that Pflueger was behind the 3-pt line (which he was). You can see that Gibbs got right up in Girard's face and tried to intimidate him with a stare-down. (The ref is jogging over to the monitor, so this was not in any way live action where Gibbs was guarding Joe.) Joe stood his ground - this went on for almost 5 seconds by my count - then Gibbs slowly sauntered over to the sideline (both teams essentially took advantage of the stoppage as though it was another timeout). Looked like Gibbs was jawing at Joe as he walked away from him, too.

So Gibbs started stirring up $ h ! t, and got mad at Joe for getting revenge after the game was over. Too bad, TJ... Joe was better last night... get used to it!!

1579799892973.png

This thread is crazy. This is nothing. We are spinning up an issue where one does not exist.

They trash talked some. ND got us the first game. We got them this game.

This is literally nothing. Good for Girard. Keep that fire burning. Don't do anything to hurt the team, just like you did and we keep rolling.

This thread is crazy. This is nothing. We are spinning up an issue where one does not exist.

This is literally nothing. Good for Girard. Keep that fire burning. Don't do anything to hurt the team, just like you did and we keep rolling.
It was nothing because there was no fight. Maybe Girard read the guy and was confident that would be the end of it. Maybe he didn't and got lucky. As has been mentioned, in the OBE, that might have led to a fight with suspensions, possibly including him. I don't want him to do that kind of thing any more.

Can't wait to get them at MSG in a couple months and put them in their place.

Oh wait. Wrong decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom