Girard | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Girard

Also, no one ever went on record, is it a non zero chance that Buddy comes back? Can anyone answer that or stew we just going by what he said in his zoom interview?
Umm, it’s recorded, it’s on the record

he’s not going to get fed minutes and scoring opportunities anywhere else unless he drops a weight class (by which I mean level of competition)
i

Actually, I don't see Buddy as an NBA player. He definitely can shoot but his handle is really bad. He's a T.O. waiting to happen every time he gets pressured, and is a poor passer and board man. Lots of guys can shoot it but he really has no other pro level qualities. That said, he's the kind of guy you'd like to have date your daughter. Really good young man.
I agree but hes not a 'no way' guy and hes going to get a shot in the G league no matter what. He has the height and the right best skill to warm bench for a while.

I don't know where he is on draft boards hes top 100 but probably 70-80. If he went to Michigan State and let them in scoring and shot 45% from 3 you don't think he'd move into the top 30-40?

My thoughts are he's ready to go the G League route most likely after this year. Just saying that his skillset plugs in well if he were to join a loaded team he'd still get minutes and shots and he'd be surrounded by high end athletes.

Just to perhaps put a lid on this 6-page, 130-post bit of pure speculation: Sat next to JG3 and his dad this past weekend at the NY State Basketball tournament in Glens Falls during the Class B semifinal game involving Section II's Ichabod Crane (the eventual state champ), and both of them were geared up in all sorts of Syracuse apparel. Would seem a little strange if there really was any truth to the idea that he was considering entering the portal...

Just to perhaps put a lid on this 6-page, 130-post bit of pure speculation: Sat next to JG3 and his dad this past weekend at the NY State Basketball tournament in Glens Falls during the Class B semifinal game involving Section II's Ichabod Crane (the eventual state champ), and both of them were geared up in all sorts of Syracuse apparel. Would seem a little strange if there really was any truth to the idea that he was considering entering the portal...
Master Plan Bladesmiths GIF by DefyTV

He said himself last week he was returning. Everyone got all twisted because of a tweet a few weeks ago made by someone clueless, which I think was eventually deleted.

Can confirm that he has told next year's incoming class he will coach them. Highly doubt we have the same source.
Mine is JB’s public statements.

Last edited:
HOFCeluck would ask what you saw him eating. That will tell us everything

Hard to trust a guy with your username

HOFCeluck would ask what you saw him eating. That will tell us everything
In all seriousness though, one of my students claims to know the family and said the tweet was rubbish and he's all SU. Things can always change and it's all heresy, but it seems like we're getting the same message from multiple sources.

In all seriousness though, one of my students claims to know the family and said the tweet was rubbish and he's all SU. Things can always change and it's all heresy, but it seems like we're getting the same message from multiple sources.

I thought we already dismissed the tweet as rubbish when it was determined the account had been inactive for almost a year, and the very next tweet insisted that Armando Bacot was transferring from UNC to an SEC school.

Mine is JB’s public statements.
Seriously? You listen to what people actually say instead of waiting for someone else to give you their interpretation of what someone else said or tweeted? Kudos for being old school Capt.! Used to be a radio show locally where the host only accepted 2 credible sources for information:

1 - My Grandma told me
2 - I read it on the bathroom wall.

It was too funny when people that weren't in tune with the show would frustratingly try to support their sources.

Right now absent the lunatics in our fanbase who trash him indirectly or directly, Joe has as good of a situation here as anyone. ACC school, starter, big minutes. Also has had the one tourney run in his time here.

Only a smaller or lesser school is going to offer him a better shot. Not because he couldn't hack it but because he knows the system. Change for the style of player he is might look like KR's first stretch of games at SH.

Just setting us up for the swerve

Just letting you know that I heard it from the horse’s mouth that Joe does not plan to return for a fifth year.
I highly doubt that. While television shows and films from the early 1960's fantasized about the notion that animals, or more specifically horses, could talk. There has not been one documented case where a horse could actually speak. So, either it wasn't actually a horse, or you were high AF.

Just letting you know that I heard it from the horse’s mouth that Joe does not plan to return for a fifth year.
I'll believe it when I see it.

I highly doubt that. While television shows and films from the early 1960's fantasized about the notion that animals, or more specifically horses, could talk. There has not been one documented case where a horse could actually speak. So, either it wasn't actually a horse, or you were high AF.
Horses' asses, on the other hand...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom