Give JB one more year. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Give JB one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four more years of JB are assured.

Then he names his successor.

Wildhack acquiesces.

Given the likely decline of the program after JB, Wildhack isn’t going to grab the controls and start making high-risk decisions.
You have no clue about John Wildhack.

He acquiesces? LOL no way.
If you think Boeheim names his successor and the AD doesn’t do a search you don’t know what is going on.

JB doesn’t run the Athletic Department. He coaches basketball.

Wildhack will hire who he wants. Why so Syracuse can have a Kevin Ollie situation where Calhoun forced him on the school and then once Calhoun’s recruits left poof the program went thru the crapper.

You really think Jim Boeheim is bigger than the AD. He was gone this year if Hop didn’t leave. Hop left because he saw the roster problems and knew the fanbase wouldn’t be patience after the previous seasons.

It’s very easy I guess to sit in the den stuffing yourself with Cheetos and swilling down Genny Light and say in disgust, “This losing displeases me. Who is responsible for this feeling of frustration I feel?”
If you’re drinking Genny Light you have no right to ask such a question.

Mike Hopkins was forced out.
Ask the people here who were close to him. He was put in a position of no win by Jim Boeheim.
Hop was loyal to JB and left so he wouldn’t force out JB who didn’t want to retire.
Also go watch Hopkins press conferences after his win over Arizona. He was asked if he has heard from JB congraulating him. Hop took the high road and said we will see but the truth was JB didn’t contact him after all Hop did.
You defend JB to the hills.
The guy did a great job but this program is above him.
He let the program slip and these past years on him. 4 consecutive medicore regular seasons.
It’s on him.
Sorry if I don’t give him a pass for life. The program is above one person.

The issues I ponder as well. None of these kids know who Coleman, Owens, Pearl, Sherm, Warrick, etc., are. The likelihood of getting another true elite player seems grim to me. Bazely was out of nowhere, really. He didn’t know who Coleman was. Melo is close to done. Waiters is always injured and Miami has been playing better without him. All a current high school player probably knows is Syracuse on the bubble constantly, in trouble, the zone (yippee!) the Dome, and a coach who is an old man/whiner/complainer these days. One who also is a giant d$%k to players at times through the media and who at times behaves like a buffoon in pressers. I mean pick your strategy for negative recruiting. Another coach or staff could go in so many directions. I sure like our outlook the older he gets! He’s not Coach K. He’s not going to get elite players pushing 80, IMO.

I’ll stick with characterizing your description of the Hop departure as a scurrilous slander based on rumors and unnamed sources. I listened to Wildhack, Hopkins and Boeheim and they all said the same thing. I believe them.

Your description of events is a soap opera fantasy of what conspiracy theorists hope happened.

After JB the odds are that SU never consistently get better than a mid-tier ACC program.
Yeah you can the buy the I want to build my own legacy crap if you want too.
You haven’t heard of spin I guess. Why would a guy leave after 21 years if he only had to wait 1 more year.
Use common sense. By yeah it’s crazy conspiracy theory stuff.

Mid tier ACC team? yeah that super power that is Clemson is 2nd in the ACC right now but Syracuse will only
be a mid tier team post JB.

Virginia can win ACC titles but Syracuse without JB is just a mid tier team.

Four more years of JB are assured.

Then he names his successor.

Wildhack acquiesces.

Given the likely decline of the program after JB, Wildhack isn’t going to grab the controls and start making high-risk decisions.

Hello there!

Melo Center is a top notch basketball facility.
The Dome brings big crowds.
We are close to NYC where a lot of talent is located.
Unlike football we have a good recruiting base.
Syracuse basketball will be fine as long as they pay market rate.
We aren’t a blue blood but we are an elite program.
JB built it up the program will survive him.

All wishful thinking.

The big crowds at the Dome are there to see SU win. Football crowd size demonstrates what happens when there isn’t sustained winning.

St Johns is in NYC. How are they doing? Rutgers is 30 miles away.

Even paying market rate is no guarantee of continued success. Hiring coaches is a crapshoot.

All wishful thinking.

The big crowds at the Dome are there to see SU win. Football crowd size demonstrates what happens when there isn’t sustained winning.

St Johns is in NYC. How are they doing? Rutgers is 30 miles away.

Even paying market rate is no guarantee of continued success. Hiring coaches is a crapshoot.
St. John’s was good when they recruited NYC kids in Thornton, Artest,Barkley.
Jarvis cheated and that killed the program till Lavin.
Lavin had a Senior laden team and didn’t recruit well.

They have hired poorly.

Rutgers finally has the right guy they will make the tournament soon.

NYC is full of talent. Syracuse basketball will be fine. A bad attendance season for Syracuse is still really good nationally.

Maybe you are watching too much TV with all the conspiracies going on.

I did see things about our NCAA sanctions on TV.

Unfortunately, that appeared to be real news.

Mike Hopkins didn't wait 21 years with just one more year to suddenly leave because he wanted his own legacy at Washington. Hop didn't want to be the guy that forced his mentor to retire. And if he stayed, he would have been. JB didn't want to retire and he let Hop know it. The last year Hop was here, he was not treated by the head coach like he was the coach in waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom