Going Forward... | Syracusefan.com

Going Forward...

newmexicuse

All Conference
For the success to continue, the D has to keep improving and show the effort it showed today.

My second biggie going forward is that we have to find a way to make Lydon a more integral part of the offense. He needs to get more than 5 shots no matter how hot anybody else is or it will eventually bite us in the butt.

For the success to continue, the D has to keep improving and show the effort it showed today.

My second biggie going forward is that we have to find a way to make Lydon a more integral part of the offense. He needs to get more than 5 shots no matter how hot anybody else is or it will eventually bite us in the butt.

UVA did a great job beating the second pick for Lydon out of our fist play. That's the one where Lydon and Robey set the double screen up top for Gillon. Robey then picks Lydons man for Lydon to pop the three. They nearly shut that down completely.

That's what is so great about our team and why we were all so high on them before the season and it's starting to pay off.

They shut down Lydon and Gillon but White and Battle stepped up. Last game was White and Gillon. We have 4 players who could score 30 points in a game. Just get us in the tournament and let them loose.

UVA did a great job beating the second pick for Lydon out of our fist play. That's the one where Lydon and Robey set the double screen up top for Gillon. Robey then picks Lydons man for Lydon to pop the three. They nearly shut that down completely.
Agree, but they kept doubling Gillon up top, that should have opened it up for Lydon to have some space down low or to be open for the corner trey if we could have rotated the ball fast enough.

As JB said the PC, UVA does a great job covering screens, which is the main way that Lydon gets open, so that may be why he didn't get many looks today. I would have like to have given him an opportunity to post up a little more today because I wasn't impressed with UVA's big men. The thing that I like about the last few games is they've been a pick-your-poison type of team where if you try to defend one player or one part of the court too much they can beat you some other way. The big exception is with post-play, where they're not super strong, but where Lydon seems to have improved.

The D is definitely better. I'm not worried about Lydon. Both Lydon and Gillon did not have great games offensively. I think the way UVA played defense just shuts those guys down. They were really fast to have 2 guys collapse on whoever received the ball on the perimeter.

I see it a different way. Next game not only are we going to see Lydon and Gillon score lots of points but Battle is coming into his own too. I like the way this team won today.

btw, White is really good. He fits really well with this team. You need one solid consistent goto guy.

They really do a great job defending screens of any type. The screener's man helps perfectly, and they rotate behind the screen to cover well. Going away from that to an iso offense was really a good move. The coaches should get credit for yet another nice in-game adjustment. I still think Boeheim is underrated in this regard.

That's what I dont get. I realize the announcers have a better view, but I dont think the NC State game was the first time I heard them repeatedly identify mismatches the Cuse players and coaches weren't taking advantage of. Good teams find a way to maximize those advantages until the other team adjusts. Last game, Cuse waits to get it into Lydon until too late in multiple ways, and nearly costs them the game. JB could have been flashing his 2nd to 1000 title belt much sooner.

The D is definitely better. I'm not worried about Lydon. Both Lydon and Gillon did not have great games offensively. I think the way UVA played defense just shuts those guys down. They were really fast to have 2 guys collapse on whoever received the ball on the perimeter.

I see it a different way. Next game not only are we going to see Lydon and Gillon score lots of points but Battle is coming into his own too. I like the way this team won today.

btw, White is really good. He fits really well with this team. You need one solid consistent goto guy.
Gillon is seldom going to have a good shooting night against a team that doesn't go around screens like NC St. and gets out on the shooters. He had very little room for 3s today and had to drive to do damage.

Lydon did his work on the defensive end today and was quite good at it.

Lydon limits himself with those unguarded pump fakes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom