Going to be Interesting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Going to be Interesting

Rutgers is Fredo.

Boston College landed the role of Fredo on these boards a couple of expansions ago.

Rutgers is Luca Brasi- big, dumb, ineffective, entirely under-achieving despite a long tenure in the business, and totally willing to be an errand boy/bitch to the real players. And a role player who, while appreciated for the above traits, is totally disposable to the real players and powers that be.

Boston College landed the role of Fredo on these boards a couple of expansions ago.

Rutgers is Luca Brasi- big, dumb, ineffective, entirely under-achieving despite a long tenure in the business, and totally willing to be an errand boy/bitch to the real players. And a role player who, while appreciated for the above traits, is totally disposable to the real players and powers that be.

Rutgers is more like Jar-Jar Binks from Star Wars. Irrelevant to the plotline, not as important as he thinks, an outcast in his own world, and the movie is better if he's edited out completely.

Rutgers is more like Jar-Jar Binks from Star Wars. Irrelevant to the plotline, not as important as he thinks, an outcast in his own world, and the movie is better if he's edited out completely.

A much better analogy. I was just trying to stick with the Godfather theme. Rutgers really IS Jar-Jar.

0.jpg

"What the hell is this?" "It's a Sicilian message . . . . it means Rutgers sleeps with the fishes"

I see Buttgers more as Sollozzo. Thinking he was more than he was. Taking the easy route by tagging onto the drug trade. Thinking he was going to outsmart the Don. It didn't end well for Sollozzo.

JT III was noncommittal about continuing the series after SU beat his Hoyas again in the Dome last February. Here is what he said:

“They now fall into the category as every other out-of-conference,” opponent, he said. “There’s a finite number of games we can play out of conference. Do I like this series? Has this series been important to Georgetown? Yes. Has it been important to Syracuse? Yes. Has it been important to our conference? Yes. But they’re leaving. So now we’ll see.”

I suspect they won't play us OOC. Georgetown has a history of cowardice regarding playing strong programs OOC. Witness their refusal to play local rival Maryland. I think they know they are inferior, know their tiny fan base will result in every game being a home game for Syracuse and would rather play schools like Winston-Salem and Howard instead. It is a good strategy to ensure total irrelvance in the college basketball world.

I was under the impression the problem in the G'Town/Marlyland situation was Maryland? That's not the case?

And ultimately I suspect that whatever JTIII says, if it means a substantial boost to G'Town's coffers, he'll be told to shut up and play us. I mean, if left to his own devices JB would still be playing St. Bonaventure in Manley.

I was under the impression the problem in the G'Town/Marlyland situation was Maryland? That's not the case?

And ultimately I suspect that whatever JTIII says, if it means a substantial boost to G'Town's coffers, he'll be told to shut up and play us. I mean, if left to his own devices JB would still be playing St. Bonaventure in Manley.

Here's a link of the GT/MD situation:

http://dc.sbnation.com/georgetown-h...gary-williams-weigh-in-on-georgetown-maryland

As I am sure Townie72 will attest to, JT II still calls the shots on The Hilltop. In speaking with a couple of friends who are Execs at Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Leonsis' parent company) at the Team USA game on Monday evening, they are hoping that we contine to play down here, because it does ensure a sellout. In fact, when the schedule was announced, one told me that he's sold 3 suites to SU peeps for the game.

Maybe when JT IV becomes coach, he will see the value in the series. By then though, no one will care anymore.

http://dc.sbnation.com/georgetown-h...gary-williams-weigh-in-on-georgetown-maryland

As I am sure Townie72 will attest to, JT II still calls the shots on The Hilltop. In speaking with a couple of friends who are Execs at Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Leonsis' parent company) at the Team USA game on Monday evening, they are hoping that we contine to play down here, because it does ensure a sellout. In fact, when the schedule was announced, one told me that he's sold 3 suites to SU peeps for the game.
Nice. I hope the series continues. It is something that will help both schools. Should be a no brainer.

Interesting info, thanks! It's what your buddies at MS&E said that makes me think the series will continue. It's those guys that are going to be harmed if SU and Pitt aren't coming to D.C., and they get UCF and Houston in their place.

Pitt has some logic to their suit in that WVU and TCU would bring in more fans for home games.
I think the issue is that they play in an off-campus stadium and have additional costs/aggravations when they have to reschedule games. And they can show actual lost money against whatever they pay to use the Steelers stadium when a less attractive opponent is forced on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom