goins | Syracusefan.com

goins

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Might have told him to keep looking as well ... new story up on scout and garcia twitter

Gotta be morris is a silent or dare I dream wes brown?

wow, when was the last time we had players being told to keep looking so early?

Wes Brown was a big time PSU recruit... This could open him up... But we wouldn't take both him and Morris. Not enough room...

I can't ever recall our recruiting class being full by Jan 1, let alone mid November. It says something when we are telling 3-Star recruits there's no room at the inn.
(What it says I'm not sure).

This program has never been fully subscribed by the first week of January let alone November.

The history of this program is that at least 1/2, if not more, of our classes verbal after the season.

It's not just turning guys away, it's turning quality guys away that have offers from other BCS programs. I definitely don't have any recent memory of that happening.

The pessimist in me says---> I wonder if a few of those verbals back months ago could hold us back?

The pessimist in me says---> I wonder if a few of those verbals back months ago could hold us back?

Or greed but I hate seeing some of these guys turned away so I'm right there with you. My other thought is if these guys were really that high on the staffs recruiting board then they would "find" room.

Turning away 2 year projects for immediate playmakers I hope.

State Schools Jumps in Late http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/a/pittsburgh/premium.gif

This story originally published on SuperPrep.com

http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./Media/Image/96/960213.jpg

By Kristen Kenney
FOXSports/At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. Field Reporter
Date: Nov 9, 2011

State school jumps in late on Gilman (Baltimore, Md.) three-star prospect Kenny Goins.

"He has narrowed his list to Syracuse and Tulane, but he is really interested in Maryland now, too," said Gilman assistant coach Henry Russell. ...
State Schools Jumps in Late

The last I knew he was still planning on visiting SU in December

many of the verbals they received did not have other BCS offers at the time they committed. since then, some of them have started receiving interest from BCS schools and some have received offers from BCS schools as well. it is a credit to the staff for identifying prospects early on before everyone else, which also gives the staff extra time to develop relationships with them.

wes brown is a miami lean...

were not in logan's top 3...

lynch looking at ark and bc...

Could also be Perkins? Brown is very unlikely I think, but we can hope. Good chance it could be Morris, anyone have any thoughts on him and his style of play?

"He has narrowed his list to Syracuse and Tulane

If he likes the idea of playing in front of only 2,000 of his closest friends, Tulane is the place for him.

many of the verbals they received did not have other BCS offers at the time they committed. since then, some of them have started receiving interest from BCS schools and some have received offers from BCS schools as well. it is a credit to the staff for identifying prospects early on before everyone else, which also gives the staff extra time to develop relationships with them.

wes brown is a miami lean...

were not in logan's top 3...

lynch looking at ark and bc...

What he said

November, 10, 2011
Nov 10
12:51PM ET

By ESPNBoston.com

ESPN's Roger Brown checks in today on the Scouts Inc.'s East football recruiting blog with Dexter athlete Abner Logan Jr., who has narrowed it down to three schools.

Logan, the state's No. 3 overall player, told Brown that earlier this month, he cut his list to NC State, Maryland and Northwestern. He took his first official visit to State last weekend, and watched the Wolfpack beat rival North Carolina 13-0. He will take an official visit to Maryland on Dec. 9.

Brown writes:

Dexter's Abner Logan Jr. narrows it to three

“I'm going to visit Northwestern too, but the date is still up in the air,” Logan said. “I left North Carolina State feeling a lot better [about that school] than when I first got there. It was a sold-out crowd because it's a rivalry game. If anything it was an improvement.”

Logan, the top uncommitted recruit from Massachusetts in the Class of 2012, said he originally considered taking visits to Connecticut and Syracuse, but is no longer considering either school.

“I don't have too much interest in UConn or Syracuse,” he said. “You have to have that feel for a school. I'm not going to be taking visits to either school.”

North Carolina State is recruiting Logan to play running back. Maryland and Northwestern both like him as a linebacker. He said he's open to playing either position.

Georgia Tech is a wild card in the process. Logan said he still talks with Georgia Tech on a regular basis and has serious interest in the school, but isn't sure if that school will make him a late offer.

“Perhaps, but I'm really now sure,” Logan said. “Right now I'd say I'll make my decision sometime in December.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/11274/abner-logan-jr-narrows-it-to-three

Might have told him to keep looking as well ... new story up on scout and garcia twitter

Gotta be morris is a silent or dare I dream wes brown?

If I’m going to guess silent RB commitment – I’d start with kids who have visited campus and go from there.

Good chance it could be Morris, anyone have any thoughts on him and his style of play?
Looks fast, explosive and runs hard. Doesn't show the wiggle that Lynch shows, though.

Could also be Perkins? Brown is very unlikely I think, but we can hope. Good chance it could be Morris, anyone have any thoughts on him and his style of play?
If it was Perkins I would flip he is the type of player who could be a program changer

Heard or read the same thing.
weird - the last thing I saw about Wes Brown he had eliminated Miami b/c of the pending sanctions against them - guess Golden was able to overcome that?

Nolan mentioned Perkins a few times today during his chat ... maybe? I doubt it but who knows

weird - the last thing I saw about Wes Brown he had eliminated Miami b/c of the pending sanctions against them - guess Golden was able to overcome that?
Last article I read was I believe in late October saying the sanctions didn't scare him and that Miami was the favorite. So unless that's changed since then...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom