Golf | Syracusefan.com

Golf

Any interest in a golf outing

• Total voters

inept fan

Walk On
Is there or has there ever been a Syracuse fan golf tourney?
Is there any interest in one?

Is there or has there ever been a Syracuse fan golf tourney?
Is there any interest in one?

There has. Had one the summer before last. I am going to move this to the hoops board and let's see the level of interest, maybe talk about some dates, etc.

If I still lived in Cuse I would totally be in. If everyone wants to travel to Charleston SC I would host one

I'd be in.

I'd try to hoodwink Marsh, Tee, and CuseTown into being my teammates (assuming it was a scramble).

This would be the perfect opportunity to get Tee's ass up here so I can buy him that round of golf I owe him.

Check out www.bullsbaygolf.com it's the course I belong to down here. It would be a little pricey event though. If anyone ever is traveling through there are a ton of nice courses here

snowgolf.jpg

This is the closest thing to golf I'll be doing for at least another month ...

I had a thread somewhat about this 2 weeks ago...or less. Yes we had a tournament at Erie Village 2 years ago and it was a good time. DCCuse (I believe) was principle organizer for the event along with Tomcat and, I believe, OE. Last years attempt to continue the tournament fizzled out. ... and that was too bad. Usually, it seems, there are date/time logistics problems. Finding a date that will interest people seems to be a problem. If one can find a date I would guess that it would be successful again. Dont tie it to football games. Let it stand alone as an event and you may be more successful

I'd be in.

I'd try to hoodwink Marsh, Tee, and CuseTown into being my teammates (assuming it was a scramble).

This would be the perfect opportunity to get Tee's ass up here so I can buy him that round of golf I owe him.
Nice foursome!

I had a thread somewhat about this 2 weeks ago...or less. Yes we had a tournament at Erie Village 2 years ago and it was a good time. DCCuse (I believe) was principle organizer for the event along with Tomcat and, I believe, OE. Last years attempt to continue the tournament fizzled out. ... and that was too bad. Usually, it seems, there are date/time logistics problems. Finding a date that will interest people seems to be a problem. If one can find a date I would guess that it would be successful again. Dont tie it to football games. Let it stand alone as an event and you may be more successful

Sorry about the repost, I missed yours.
I am from Utica/ Rome area, so I can assist, but would like a more knowledgeable golfer from Syracuse area to spearhead it.

Dont tie it to football games. Let it stand alone as an event and you may be more successful

I think this is important. More flexibility and better odds at good weather.

However, you also get a better chance of the out-of-towners participating if you link it to a game.

Hmmm. Not as easy a decision as I thought.

I'd be in.

Wait, I kicked who in the what? :)
I'm a terrible hack, but have had my moments, mostly in pitch and putt or par threes. Dang fairways, never get a good divot on a fairway shot. It's always a punch. But it's fun!

I would definitely be in and I could get some friend to play.

Here's a suggestion, each attendee put up a cool piece of SU memorabilia that they own (if they are willing to part with it) and they could be part of the prizes.

If I still lived in Cuse I would totally be in. If everyone wants to travel to Charleston SC I would host one
Come on down to Ormond Beach in Florida ---- January would be nice !!

First... we would need a pretty solid committment list of at least 18 people who would play. Second, would be setting a date very soon for the tourny so that a date could be made sometime maybe in late July through early September. Third would be finding a course with available dates. I say these 3 are most important because this tourny, unlike most others, is pretty much closed to Board members... only because the only people aware of it are those who read the Board. Most certainly the tourny can be open to friends and relatives of Board members. Fourth, the person heading it up should have experience and availability (uh hummm Tomcat)...and I know DCCuse would be a great help but too busy to do the heavywork. Finally, we would need additional incentives (drawings, special guests) and for that we would need just one person working on that.
It wouldnt be easy but I do know that the last tourny was fantastic. It was great meeting other Board members. There were many there, as well, who werent Board members that learned about the Board and are now.

P.S. I do know that I am absolutely, undeniably done with basketball this year and am more than ready to move onto golf once the weather cooperates...and after I get my new irons

First... we would need a pretty solid committment list of at least 18 people who would play. Second, would be setting a date very soon for the tourny so that a date could be made sometime maybe in late July through early September. Third would be finding a course with available dates. I say these 3 are most important because this tourny, unlike most others, is pretty much closed to Board members... only because the only people aware of it are those who read the Board. Most certainly the tourny can be open to friends and relatives of Board members. Fourth, the person heading it up should have experience and availability (uh hummm Tomcat)...and I know DCCuse would be a great help but too busy to do the heavywork. Finally, we would need additional incentives (drawings, special guests) and for that we would need just one person working on that.
It wouldnt be easy but I do know that the last tourny was fantastic. It was great meeting other Board members. There were many there, as well, who werent Board members that learned about the Board and are now.

I'm in and can certainly help. One option is for the board to piggyback on my efforts for my annual SU Alumni Club tournament that will be held Friday, July 18th at the Links. Last year we had folks like Eric Devendorf, Ryan Blackwell, Jason Poles, Preston Shumpert, Charlie Lockwood and Dan Conley participate and will have similar this year. There is a silent auction with great prizes as well. It is at the Links at Erie Village again and more details will be done in the next two weeks. If we could get 4-5 foursomes from the board (Capt and Crew format -- or you can have 3 folks and be paired with a "celeb" for an extra cost) that would be fun (you don't have to be an alumni to participate). Let me know what folks think.

I'm in and can certainly help. One option is for the board to piggyback on my efforts for my annual SU Alumni Club tournament that will be held Friday, July 18th at the Links. Last year we had folks like Eric Devendorf, Ryan Blackwell, Jason Poles, Preston Shumpert, Charlie Lockwood and Dan Conley participate and will have similar this year. There is a silent auction with great prizes as well. It is at the Links at Erie Village again and more details will be done in the next two weeks. If we could get 4-5 foursomes from the board (Capt and Crew format -- or you can have 3 folks and be paired with a "celeb" for an extra cost) that would be fun (you don't have to be an alumni to participate). Let me know what folks think.
Hey DC...Note my pinned thread on the board. Boywith your experience etc. Im all in for sure. I was suggesting at the Links as well just different format. Pin a response thread to see interest. For me July would be great but interest seems to be tending toward August-September (very small sample). Let me know and I will help as best I can. How would you piggyback it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom