Golovkin-Szeremita | Syracusefan.com

Golovkin-Szeremita

SWC75

Bored Historian
Triple G , in his first fight in 440 days, (and he looked over-the hill in the last one against Sergiy Derevyanchenko) looked refreshed and much more like his old self in dominating a Polish fighter who either was bad or made to look so by GGG, who was quick with a piston-like jab and landing heavy punches behind it the whole seven rounds. Szeremita was tough and got back up from four knockdowns, the last from a jab), but his seconds convinced him to quit in the corner to avoid serious injury, as he was badly outgunned. GGG looked ready for some big-money fights, including a third bout with Canelo Alvarez, who fights tomorrow night. I thought GGG won the first two and got robbed with a draw and loss. he's not done yet.

Triple G , in his first fight in 440 days, (and he looked over-the hill in the last one against Sergiy Derevyanchenko) looked refreshed and much more like his old self in dominating a Polish fighter who either was bad or made to look so by GGG, who was quick with a piston-like jab and landing heavy punches behind it the whole seven rounds. Szeremita was tough and got back up from four knockdowns, the last from a jab), but his seconds convinced him to quit in the corner to avoid serious injury, as he was badly outgunned. GGG looked ready for some big-money fights, including a third bout with Canelo Alvarez, who fights tomorrow night. I thought GGG won the first two and got robbed with a draw and loss. he's not done yet.
The draw was especially ridiculous.

Thanks for the write up. I couldn't bring myself to watch a 38 year old fighter, who the last few times I saw him, had major diminished punching power. Sounds like he might be in a better way now, but man, I think he'd get killed fighting Canelo now. I don't know if Canelo's camp would do a 3rd, interest wouldn't be close to the first 2 imo, and is Canelo even intrigued with a 3rd or can he get up for it? I don't like Canelo and I rooted for GGG both times and he definitely won the first one. That said I'll be watching Canelo prob destroy Callum tonight.

Thanks for the write up. I couldn't bring myself to watch a 38 year old fighter, who the last few times I saw him, had major diminished punching power. Sounds like he might be in a better way now, but man, I think he'd get killed fighting Canelo now. I don't know if Canelo's camp would do a 3rd, interest wouldn't be close to the first 2 imo, and is Canelo even intrigued with a 3rd or can he get up for it? I don't like Canelo and I rooted for GGG both times and he definitely won the first one. That said I'll be watching Canelo prob destroy Callum tonight.

The 5-9 Alvarez might have some problems against the 6-3 Smith. I'll post a summary to this thread.

What you boys gonna do when they close US consulates in Vladivostok and Yekaterinburg?

The 5-9 Alvarez might have some problems against the 6-3 Smith. I'll post a summary to this thread.
I would normally think the same, but with Canelo I always think his camp or himself sees a weakness to expose in an opponent and chooses to fight them for a reason.

Maybe it's time to start a boxing thread. I'll put the Canelo summary under than and maybe the administrators can collect past threads about individual bouts and transfer them.

Maybe it's time to start a boxing thread. I'll put the Canelo summary under than and maybe the administrators can collect past threads about individual bouts and transfer them.

Started this one a little while ago, just wasn't sure if you wanted separate threads for individual fights?

Started this one a little while ago, just wasn't sure if you wanted separate threads for individual fights?

Thanks. I'll use it. I forgot it was there as a full sport thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom