Gonzaga forum | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga forum

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I just read through a lot of their comments. If both our teams win their first game, their fans are both anxious and concerned about meeting us. To be honest, I would say coach Few is less concerned than their fans. Most of the responses indicated they are looking forward to payback against us and are confident that will happen if the two teams meet. Most of their fans are pumped about such a match up, but here are a couple of quotes from the other side of the fence.

"We got the toughest bracket.. no doubt about it. Syracuse as an 8?!"

"Our bracket has two teams who have eliminated us in recent yrs as we had zero answer for their style of play. Both are actually higher seeds this yr than when they eliminated us in past yrs."

"If this bracket goes chalk, Mark Few and Josh Perkins could have a chance to eliminate the four teams that have beaten our last five Sweet Sixteen teams. Cuse, FSU, Duke, UNC in that order."

"At some point Few has to beat Boeheim. Just like he beat Coach K. The tournament presents challenges. I don't know if this 'Cuse team scares the daylights out of me. Would I rather have someone else at their seed slot? Yes".

I did mention that most of their fans are really looking forward to a match up with us and feel very positive about the outcome. I am just being fair here, but there are just too many positive responses to transfer them all to this board. Their fans appear to be cool and classy, just like most of us.

We were on equal ground the last time we played.

The first time we played in 2010, we were way better than them and we thumped them.

This is the first time we’ve played them where we will be a decided underdog.

Very winnable game. Gonzaga hasn't played a ranked team since Mid December when they dropped back to back games vs Tenn and UNC. We play a unique style that they do not see often. UW lost at Gonzaga by 2 points playing our zone, not as well. If we get by Baylor, I really like our chances.

10 3’s is the number, we make that every game I like our chances! Have a feeling we’re going to shoot really well in tournament!!! Hughes especially!!!

What were the seeds in 16 when we beat them on that Friday night game before the Sunday Virginia game?

we were a 10, think they were 11
That’s right I believe they beat Seton Hall who was a 6 with Isaiah Whitehead

Sabonis killed us in that game and Wiltjer was hot early. Gonzaga’s guards aren’t that good but their bigs will give us trouble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom