Major problem with the new seats… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Major problem with the new seats…

I’m genuinely in shock. It’s been a while since my cuse days but…..damn. Getting up to let people pass is just a courtesy at every stadium ever. Yet it’s a thread here.
Agree completely. I don't see how it's any different from before.

I’m genuinely in shock. It’s been a while since my cuse days but…..damn. Getting up to let people pass is just a courtesy at every stadium ever. Yet it’s a thread here.

People in Syracuse clearly don’t get out much.

I don't mind getting up as I do understand I'm in the way, the main point I believe people are making is when people go back to their seats, like during a middle of a play, To me it's just common courtesy.

We are right in the middle of our row and it's great, we rarely have to get up to let anyone in. The down side obviously is when we ourselves have to get out but we keep that to a minimum anyway.

We are right in the middle of our row and it's great, we rarely have to get up to let anyone in. The down side obviously is when we ourselves have to get out but we keep that to a minimum anyway.
The thing is, I don’t mind letting people by, just do it at the appropriate time. Wait for a timeout, a change of possession etc. Not during play. That irritates me

And I’m only half joking here, but a lot of older fans- And let’s say “less nimble” fans - are struggling trying to step over the seats to get too different rows.

For years, fans were able to just walk on the benches or easily step over them to get to their row. Now I’m watching people literally fall trying to climb over seats from row to row.

I saw one “large fan” step on a seat bottom to get to the row behind, and nearly took out nearby fans doing so. It was like watching “Ox” run the obstacle course in “Stripes”.

And these were the sober ones!!
I swallowed a lot of aggression….. along with a lot of pizzas.

Agree completely. I don't see how it's any different from before.
Actually easier since the seats fold up and you can stand back farther. Seems like more rows are full now with the reseating. First few rows in 319 have been pretty sparse except for big games until this year. This year they have been full both games.

The thing is, I don’t mind letting people by, just do it at the appropriate time. Wait for a timeout, a change of possession etc. Not during play. That irritates me
Ok, this is fair. Easier to manage in a baseball game but there has to be tact with football and basketball. Unless you’re on the verge of peeing your pants.

The other move that is odd to watch is should the person leaving the row go behind or in front of the people that are letting them out. Have seen both strategies in 2 games.

And I’m only half joking here, but a lot of older fans- And let’s say “less nimble” fans - are struggling trying to step over the seats to get too different rows.

For years, fans were able to just walk on the benches or easily step over them to get to their row. Now I’m watching people literally fall trying to climb over seats from row to row.

I saw one “large fan” step on a seat bottom to get to the row behind, and nearly took out nearby fans doing so. It was like watching “Ox” run the obstacle course in “Stripes”.

And these were the sober ones!!

the seats are 100% going to break with people walking over them as well.. im a quasi athletic 215 lbs and i went down 2 rows and can tell those seats are not going to handle too many people stepping on them. heaven forbid a 250lb guy.

the seats are 100% going to break with people walking over them as well.. im a quasi athletic 215 lbs and i went down 2 rows and can tell those seats are not going to handle too many people stepping on them. heaven forbid a 250lb guy.
Well, if some dumba$$ steps on one, breaks it, and goes hurtling down rows to the hospital, he gets what he deserves.

Well, if some dumba$$ steps on one, breaks it, and goes hurtling down rows to the hospital, he gets what he deserves.
Yeah, I watched a 250lber step on the seat right next to me to get to the seat behind. I thought it was gonna break.

The thing is, people look down their row and the rows above and below their row. Assess which has fewer people to bother and head down that row…then they have to climb up or down to reach their seats.

That’s when the fun starts. They actually are trying to be thoughtful. But it’s not like climbing over. Empty benches with no backs.. It’s just the old habit.

I’ve never been to a stadium that had seats where you didn’t need to stand up to let people by.

My section is pretty solid and most people don’t get up and down during plays.

This years crowd has been interesting to say the least.

Multiple times trying to get loud on offense.

I feel like we have a good portion of people that are season ticket holders that generally only held basketball but bought football to help advance their donor rank for Basketball for the reseat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom