Good breakdown on possible #1 seeds | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Good breakdown on possible #1 seeds

Think if Cuse or Duke wins ACC, they get the 1 in the East

If it's UVA (and Kansas wins BIG12), then Kansas gets #1 in East with Cuse as the 2

is it a bit curious to anyone else that in the very same article one could build an argument that the strength of schedule really doesn't matter (WSU) it's the wins and then turn around and say strength of schedule should forgive (kansas,duke) the number of losses ?

Great point!

It's also comical how our close victories are NOW viewed in negative terms by many instead of when we were 25-0. Remember what people were saying then? Yeah, there were some that said we were playing with fire but most were saying we were having a magical season, along with words such as heart, gritty, determined, poised, resilient, and many others. Funny how three losses have changed many people's perspective on us.

For those who are believing less in us with the possibility of a less than healthy Grant, that I get. However, for the most part it's simply the losses that has turned us into this dangerous, methodical team that will figure out a way to win no matter what to one that is lucky to be where we are. Hell, aside from the BC debacle, losses only to Duke and Virginia - two teams that have an outside shot at being a one seed, ain't too bad.

Marsh01 said:
You think a game against FSU is easier than Georgetown? Purdue and Nebraska? Our game against FSU will be VERY difficult and to think this is a gimme win is foolish. Kansas has the easiest schedule remaining. TT and WVU are awful. Xavier (I know they beat Creighton) lost to Seton Hall last night.
People actually watch far too little basketball.

Miami won the ACC regular season and postseason tournament last year and actually had a win over a good Michigan State in the regular season, but had several bad losses in the non-conference and they were given a 2 seed. The committee looks at your entire resume not how you played in conference play in what would easily determined as the easiest conference schedule for any of the top 4 teams in that conference.
This really is the precedent to look at in terms of uva's seeding, IMO

UVA wins out including the ACCT, they'll absolutely be in the conversation for a 1. Especially if a couple other things happen. Saying no shot is wrong.

I'd say them winning out AND winning the ACCT should get them the number 1. It would add 2 more big game victories to their resume in the process in beating 2 of SU, Duke, or UNC to do so.

I'd say them winning out AND winning the ACCT should get them the number 1. It would add 2 more big game victories to their resume in the process in beating 2 of SU, Duke, or UNC to do so.

I don't think that'd be enough. Other things would have to happen in terms of other teams losing. But saying "no shot" is incorrect. "Long shot" is correct I think.

I don't think that'd be enough. Other things would have to happen in terms of other teams losing. But saying "no shot" is incorrect. "Long shot" is correct I think.

Could be but the battle for the last 1 seed seems to be who can screw up the least vs who earns it so at this point I'm just assuming everyone else will have dropped a game if UVA wins out. I'm not sure I would bet on KU or Wisky to win their conference tourneys.

Think if Cuse or Duke wins ACC, they get the 1 in the East

If it's UVA (and Kansas wins BIG12), then Kansas gets #1 in East with Cuse as the 2

I have no clue how somebody could view Duke above Wisconsin.

And about 60% on the Matrix do not view Duke as better. But a fair amount many still view Duke above, and I just can't rationalize it.

What happens if Wisky gets the 1 in the East, does SU get the 2 there instead of Nova?

Sorry for the belated reply. I would think SU would bump Nova if Cuse continues to be rated higher than the next highest East team. However, the way things are going, SU's heading for a 3-4 seed and I'm not sure how low the Committee's "regional preference" rule would be applied. First and foremost is balanced brackets according to their master seeding list.-VBOF