Good Loss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Good Loss

RF2044 said:
Well... The skuttlebutt was that there might have been some family financial hardship, which is part of why they pushed him to declare.

Hmmm. That's unfortunate but I guess not entirely surprising given the propensity of NBA players (and maybe not just them) to blow a small fortune. Just took it for granted they'd be smarter. (No pun intended)

OrlandoCuse said:
The last guys that should be advising college players are old NBA players. Most of them are broke within 3 years of leaving the league. I watched Horace Grant build one of the largest monstrosities of a house in Orlando with his money. Probably spent $20m on it. He was forced to sell it for far less after he retired and no longer had any money coming in.

If I ever win the mega millions on the 10 I spend when the jackpot gets decent I might just rent in NYC rather than buy. You can get a pretty nice place for 7500 or less in manhattan and with the climate change predicted to wreak havoc in coastal cities it might be smarter to buy inland somewhere like Chicago. Whereas maintenance alone on a high priced coop in manhattan can cost easily 4000+ a month not counting the actual mortgage.

Drafted in the top 5 gets you $9m guaranteed over 3 years.

Drafted 15 gets you $4.5m over 3 years.

Drafted 29 gets you $3m over 3 years.

This is not a difficult decision. Stay one more year and the extra year is more than made up with the increased draft spot. This is the mistake Grant made. Bad people advising these kids that know nothing about long term investments.

And how much money would he earn in 2015 if he stayed? $0 . That's money that will never be made up. I get it's sound reasoning, but the days of kids coming back to get better are long gone. No matter what Chris does the rest of the season will effect his decision to leave for the NBA. The decision has long been made.

up 5 with ten seconds left. that cant possibly ever be construed as a good loss. im not sure what the in game win probability was but it must have been over 95 percent.
And if we would have challenged those half court roll ins to burn time, we win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom