Good luck to Onondaga Babe Ruth tonight at the World Series | Syracusefan.com

Good luck to Onondaga Babe Ruth tonight at the World Series

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
They got a tough draw & will face Texas tonight at 8:30 our time & California at 2:30 tomorrow meaning they'll face each teams #1 pitcher.

The action is taking place in Weimar Texas

The web site shows there is a web cam so you might be able to follow the action live.

My friends son is a catcher for Onondaga 16-18.

Bracket

Web Cam

Teddy will have the boys motivated.

Teddy Klamm. I remember him from my coaching and all star days in little league and babe Ruth. Can't remember the league he came out of, maybe south side american or something like that on the southwest side of town.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Teddy Klamm. I remember him from my coaching and all star days in little league and babe Ruth. Can't remember the league he came out of, maybe south side american or something like that on the southwest side of town.

Good friend of mine. Pitched in the Reds and Pirates organization.

Onondaga wins the first game 8-0

I bet those Texans were stunned.

They got a tough draw & will face Texas tonight at 8:30 our time & California at 2:30 tomorrow meaning they'll face each teams #1 pitcher.

The action is taking place in Weimar Texas

The web site shows there is a web cam so you might be able to follow the action live.

My friends son is a catcher for Onondaga 16-18.

Bracket

Web Cam

Levanti?

Levanti?
Gabe, his dad John played 2b for my softball teams. John played baseball for LeMoyne and is in the national Babe Ruth Hall of Fame. Teddy was my next door neighbor for several years. He's still in the Seton Hall record books right along with Craig Biggio, Mo Vaughan, Rick Cerone & Jason Grilli.

Here are his records:

Career

7th in appearances 77
10th games started 33
2nd in complete games 13
4th innings pitched 269
4th in K's 235

Single Season

#1 complete games tied with 8
9th innings pitched 95
9th in K's 96

Seton Hall Record Book

Gabe, his dad John played 2b for my softball teams. John played baseball for LeMoyne and is in the national Babe Ruth Hall of Fame. Teddy was my next door neighbor for several years. He's still in the Seton Hall record books right along with Craig Biggio, Mo Vaughan, Rick Cerone & Jason Grilli.

Here are his records:

Career

7th in appearances 77
10th games started 33
2nd in complete games 13
4th innings pitched 269
4th in K's 235

Single Season

#1 complete games tied with 8
9th innings pitched 95
9th in K's 96

Seton Hall Record Book

I know John well. My son plays against his youngest a decent amount in Little League right now.

Onondaga beats Modesto, CA 4-3 ...with 2 runs in the 6th and one in the bottom of the seventh to win.

I know John well. My son plays against his youngest a decent amount in Little League right now.

Onondaga beats Modesto, CA 4-3 ...with 2 runs in the 6th and one in the bottom of the seventh to win.

Excellent. I looked earlier trying to find the score.

Congratulations to Onondaga Babe Ruth World Series Champs. They defeated Texas Tri Counties, pictured above, 4-1 today to claim the title. Brett Charbonneau was MVP he had 2 hits & 2 RBI's & walked once in the final game

Scott Blewett had 15 strikeouts & got the win. He also had 16 first pitch strikes.

Here is a quote from the Texas paper where that photo came from (before the tournament)

"The nation's best 16- to 18-year-old baseball players will converge on Weimar beginning Friday as the city will roll out the red carpet for the second time in a decade for the Babe Ruth World Series..."

These were the participating teams & their credentials:

Cape Cod, Massachusetts - New England Regional Champion
Onondaga, New York - Middle Atlantic Regional Champion
Lansing, Illinois - Ohio Valley Regional Champion
Matthews Park, Alabama - Southeast Regional Champion
Bismarck, North Dakota - Midwest Plains Regional Champion
Mid County, Texas - Southwest Regional Champion
Port Angeles, Washington - Pacific Northwest Regional Champion
Modesto, California - Pacific Southwest Regional Champion
Eagle Pass, Texas - Southern Texas State Champion

The Bracket

Again congrats to Teddy Klamm, all of his coaches & players for a job well done.

Brett Charboneau was MVP (sp?)

I coached with his Dad at one time. Congrats to his kid.

WeimerTX.jpg
7cc67088174feb0ce2fca061f7e01dae.300.jpg

1559702616fedd0798e645d322a28f31.300.jpg

This is the field they played on & some info about it & the area

With a population of 2051, Weimar has the distinction of the smallest community to ever host any Babe Ruth
World Series.

The citizens of Weimar and our neighbor communities of Texas TC League are proud to have the opportunity to host our third World Series.

We look forward to providing many memorable Texas experiences for everyone.

Weimar is equidistantly located in South Central Texas between the major cities of Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. Therefore, we are privileged to enjoy the benefits of both urban and rural lifestyles.

On the one hand, within approximately an hour's drive are shopping malls, sporting and entertainment venues, and tourist attractions for all ages and interests. On the other hand, Weimar offers the serenity and relaxed pace of an "everyone knows everyone else" community.

Weimar and the surrounding areas have many golf courses, unique stores, seasonal hunting and fishing, and an overwhelming love of baseball. Our citizens value God, country, and family as evidenced by our numerous churches, Veterans organizations, and family activities.

Weimar's baseball history officially began in July, 1895 as Weimar hosted Columbus. Several different locations were used as playing fields as community baseball flourished in the early 20th century.

The site of the 2012 World Series will be at historic Weimar Veterans Park/Strickland Field. This field was constructed in 1948 by the Weimar Veterans following World War II. It has been a focal point of baseball action for 64 years. At one time it was the only lighted field between Houston and San Antonio.

Its history includes the 1950's Herder Truckers, and NBC powerhouse, the Weimar Vets of the SCTAL, and the Texas Tomcats of the Texas collegiate League. It is currently called home by the Weimar Babe Ruth and the five time state champions Weimar Wildcats. Vets Park has served as a host for numerous high school playoff games and state and regional Babe Ruth tournaments.

Whether your travel plans include visiting the Alamo, Schlitterbahn, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, or the Riverwalk in San Antonio, NASA, the museum and theatre district, the Galleria, or Galveston Beach in Houston, or the State Museum and Sixth Street of Austin, or the Painted Churches and museums of our communities, don't miss the best attraction – our people!

Teddy told me at the Camillus MG 2 weeks ago that he thought that they could win this. Good for him!

Teddy told me at the Camillus MG 2 weeks ago that he thought that they could win this. Good for him!
That is one helluva an accomplishment. I have long maintained that our athletes can compete with any in the USA with the proper training, systems & coaching.

I coached and coached against Brett when my son did Little League. Great kid.