Good News - Bad News | Syracusefan.com

Good News - Bad News

G

GoCuse44

Good News: Heard on the Axeman's show that the Carrier Dome box office has been contacting season ticket holders today to notify them that they are in a student overflow section. Sounds like the plan to offer free tickets to the students next season might be in the mix since the season tickets were told that the university will work with them to get seats in other sections. It sounds like the university is anticipating a huge student turnout which is going to be awesome for the Rutgers game !!!!!

Bad News: The Axeman had a caller complain that after receiving the call he does not want to attend the game and have his kids exposed to college students drinking and swearing. It is sad that no matter what the university does someone complains. The Axeman even commented how it was a class act by the university to notify the season tickets in advance and offer to assist them in relocating their seats.

Solution: Buy season tickets in the Top's family section.

I have had season tickets in the same section of the dome for 20 years and some games we get some fans who have had a few to many drinks. They yell, scream, and occasionally swear but thats what you get at any live sporting event. These fans are tame compared to what I have seen at Rich Stadium.

I am almost 50 years old and I wish they would put the students in my section. The students and marching band are what makes the atmosphere in the dome great.

GO ORANGE !!!!!

Not surprising. I have a feeling that if the students come out for Rutgers in a big way, the wheels are in motion to add football tickets to the student activities fee.

Not surprising. I have a feeling that if the students come out for Rutgers in a big way, the wheels are in motion to add football tickets to the student activities fee.
Great avatar.

Its a good idea and is a backbone of attend. #'s at many schools.

I hope you guys pack the dome on Saturday.

I have had season tickets in the same section of the dome for 20 years and some games we get some fans who have had a few to many drinks. They yell, scream, and occasionally swear

Bees and TexanMark are always ruining it for other people. Hopefully you reported them to security.

I have had season tickets in the same section of the dome for 20 years and some games we get some fans who have had a few to many drinks. They yell, scream, and occasionally swear

Bees and TexanMark are always ruining it for other people. Hopefully you reported them to security.
I'm not complaining. I have my fair share of dome foams at the games and you left out the rest of my sentence: "but that's what you get at any live sporting event."

I just find it amazing that people won't come to a game now because a college student might drink and swear in front of their children. That is why they set up a family friendly section in the dome. People should buy seats there if they don't want their kids near the college kids.

There are some people who should get reported to security. The husband & wife who showed up last game and told me to sit down when Krautman attempted the field goal in OT. They should be denied entrance to all future football games because if you can't get your lazy a$$ off the bleachers in OT to cheer on the team then you should just stay home and watch the games on television.

There are so many season tix areas available I am sure they will move those people to a completely different section and they will even be given the choice of sections.

There are so many season tix areas available I am sure they will move those people to a completely different section and they will even be given the choice of sections.
I agree !!! Giving free tickets to the students is a great idea. I sent an e-mail to Daryl after the Wake Forest begging him to let the students in free next season. I'm glad they decided to do it for the Rutgers game.

I know I'm asking for too much probably and I know you personally bleed Orange (like I do and many on this board). But is there any way you can get the student section to actually get loud on a down other than 3rd down and explain that simply shaking one's keys is NOT IN ANY WAY assisting in making enough noise to effect the opponent during a game. Although as an old-schooler (Class of 1991) I realize I very well might be completely out of touch with the "key shaking concept" (and it drives me nuts), but it is okay to shake your "keys" and still scream at the top of your lungs.

Thanks brother ... remind me to buy you a beer or three next time we bump into each other.

Parents generally suck.

I took my then 6 year old daughter to a Sox game at Fenway and sat in the bleachers. Told her beforehand that she might hear some language that isn't appropriate for kids, and that she wasn't to repeat it if she hears something bad. Done.

How friggin' difficult is it to have that talk?

And the thing is, sometimes the college kids get a kick out of hanging with the little one's and make it really fun for them, despite the occassional salty word.

So, yeah, parents suck.

I know I'm asking for too much probably and I know you personally bleed Orange (like I do and many on this board). But is there any way you can get the student section to actually get loud on a down other than 3rd down and explain that simply shaking one's keys is NOT IN ANY WAY assisting in making enough noise to effect the opponent during a game. Although as an old-schooler (Class of 1991) I realize I very well might be completely out of touch with the "key shaking concept" (and it drives me nuts), but it is okay to shake your "keys" and still scream at the top of your lungs.

Thanks brother ... remind me to buy you a beer or three next time we bump into each other.

Key shaking - stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Honestly, the kids can do mime on 3rd down for all I care if we have 4,000 of them in the building.

Honestly, the kids can do mime on 3rd down for all I care if we have 4,000 of them in the building.
That actually would be pretty funny if they would do that when we were approaching the line on offense. Synchronized miming.

hope the fan is talking about kids under the age of 5 because much beyond that im sure the language at school is not different than what the college kids are using.

That actually would be pretty funny if they would do that when we were approaching the line on offense. Synchronized miming.

Totally. Instead of Otto's Army they'd be Marcel's Minions.

Wait for it.

Everyone get it?

Good.

Parents generally suck.

I took my then 6 year old daughter to a Sox game at Fenway and sat in the bleachers. Told her beforehand that she might hear some language that isn't appropriate for kids, and that she wasn't to repeat it if she hears something bad. Done.

How friggin' difficult is it to have that talk?

And the thing is, sometimes the college kids get a kick out of hanging with the little one's and make it really fun for them, despite the occassional salty word.

So, yeah, parents suck.

My brother and sister-in-law have to tell my niece and nephew that about me during holiday season.

i sit right below the tops family friendly section...trust me we got alot of room up there!

They yell, scream, and occasionally swear

Sounds like your typical American family's living room.

So, if SU gives the students free season tickets next year ... they'll be included in the "paid attendance" even if the kids are no shows, right? ;)

I have sat right next to the student section in basketball for about 8 years now and they are great. No issues at all but good entertainment.

Move the offended parties to the O-Zone. God knows no one sits there anymore.

Everyone that thinks the SU atmosphere is something their kids shouldn't be exposed to should be forced to bring their kids to Ralph Wilson Stadium and they cannot leave no matter what the score is, no matter how much beer was spilled on them, and no matter how many homophobic slurs are slung directly at their children.

I for one welcome sitting with the students. My kid goes to U.C.F. and I went to the N.C. State/U.C.F. game last year, sat in the student section and had the best time at a football game that I have had in years. Say all you want about U.C.F. not being good enough to be in the Big East, but for a life long S.U. fan that has lived and died with the Orange for about 35 years, U.C.F. is a up and coming program with a very passionate fan base, that is growing by the day. Holding the keys up was a hell of a lot cooler when all of the students were doing it while chanting and getting their team pumped up. Lets just say our fans and our band could learn a lot from watching other schools, especially down south, and see how a football game can be a blast. Wake up Syracuse fans your missing the boat...
I also brought my youngest son too. He made it through that terrible ordeal without being scared for life. Hard to believe explaining to him about how some people act, although it's not right , happens in our world from time to time, actually worked... Even though he wore a Detroit Red Wings shirt...yes it was the only red shirt in the U.C.F. student section, he still managed to have more fun than me.

I for one welcome sitting with the students. My kid goes to U.C.F. and I went to the N.C. State/U.C.F. game last year, sat in the student section and had the best time at a football game that I have had in years. Say all you want about U.C.F. not being good enough to be in the Big East, but for a life long S.U. fan that has lived and died with the Orange for about 35 years, U.C.F. is a up and coming program with a very passionate fan base, that is growing by the day. Holding the keys up was a hell of a lot cooler when all of the students were doing it while chanting and getting their team pumped up. Lets just say our fans and our band could learn a lot from watching other schools, especially down south, and see how a football game can be a blast. Wake up Syracuse fans your missing the boat...
I also brought my youngest son too. He made it through that terrible ordeal without being scared for life. Hard to believe explaining to him about how some people act, although it's not right , happens in our world from time to time, actually worked... Even though he wore a Detroit Red Wings shirt...yes it was the only red shirt in the U.C.F. student section, he still managed to have more fun than me.

When you were there, did you run into Futball Guru?

It's a good thing that parent doesn't have television or the internet at their home. Or that they don't send their children to school to interact with other children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom