Good Signs for Girard's Growth | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Good Signs for Girard's Growth

How exactly are Buddy, Alan and Joe going to split guard minutes when they are all in the starting lineup? ;)
Not saying Griffin won't get some guard minutes but he is plug and play for Elijah.
I'm guessing he's foreseeing us using Alan as a guard to bring in another forward, especially against bigger teams. That would push Buddy or Joe to the bench.

Not a horrible idea.

I'm guessing he's foreseeing us using Alan as a guard to bring in another forward, especially against bigger teams. That would push Buddy or Joe to the bench.

Not a horrible idea.
If that's the case we better hope Jackson has been working on his handle. IMO that is his biggest liability to JB's multi-position vision. We usually have guards that are combo - Jackson is a 2 and that's it - I can't see him breaking pressure with his dribble and I can't see him playing on the back line. But I doubt anyone is working any harder that Buddy, so we shall see.

I don't expect a freshman PG like Kadary Richmond to get a lot of minutes once we get into the ACC season. I expect to see a core guard rotation of Buddy, Alan, and Joe. Maybe Griffen or Buddy will take some minutes bringing up the ball when Joe is getting short breathers. Would be thrilled if Richmond shows enough to get meaningful rotation minutes but based on past history I would be surprised.
Hmmm... I know a SU freshman guard from just LAST SEASON who averaged 12 points per game and 3 assists and handled the PG duties pretty well. His name is Joe Girard. Strange that a "freshman PG" like Kadary won't get meaningful rotation minutes "based on past history." Come on, man. Even Buddy played meaningful minutes as a freshman. There are many other recent examples of freshman guards—Triche, Flynn, Scoop, Dion, Tyus, etc.—who got meaningful playing time, including at the PG spot.