Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Was hoping Woods would be back but looks like two more weeks, Bills will need to score at least 30 points to have a chance versus the Raiders. Carr and their receivers will light that secondary up. Bills have played well out West though. Like patty said though, unfortunately I don't think 10-6 will get it done and I think the best, absolute best the Bills will finish is 10-6 and that is a real stretch. at least Tyrod can move because Mack will be tough to contain as well but the Raiders secondary is as bad as the Bills, they have zero corners

Welcome Bills fans

7667742.jpg

Welcome Bills fans

7667742.jpg

You could not pay me to go to a Raiders game, made that mistake once. Won't happen again. If I was a Raiders fan might be different but WOW. NFL is better when the Raiders are good though. they are Fun to watch. I think there was a point where Mack regretted jumping into that mess, he tried to get out a couple times but they weren't letting go that easily.. Soon to be the Vegas Raiders. Davis can't get out of that stadium fast enough and it is a dump. Makes the Ralph look nice ( Maybe I would not go that far) Bills need to build a new stadium or seriously renovate

Last edited:
We're always a game away from playing in a fun/big game. Those first two games really fooked this season.

We're always a game away from playing in a fun/big game. Those first two games really fooked this season.

Exactly even 1 of those 2. I think they will finish 9-7 and I like Rex but his absolute ceiling is borderline playoff team and those are the good years

Exactly even 1 of those 2. I think they will finish 9-7 and I like Rex but his absolute ceiling is borderline playoff team and those are the good years

I don't like Rex and I also agree that is his ceiling.

That's where I'm at also.
Agree. The problem with the Rex hire IMO originally was that Rex at his best was a.500 coach with the Jets...who took advantage of a defense that peaked at the right time to make two AFC title games. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't find it likely that he is going to catch lightning in a bottle a third time. This is the easiest schedule we probably will ever have...admittedly no one saw the AFC West renaissance coming but if we don't make it this year, when will we ever?

But who knows, maybe they rip off five more in a row, In which case I would be happy to be proven wrong...

If he ain't making the playoffs, Rex's happy wears on you pretty quick. Wonder how it would wear on the Pegulas.

Agree. The problem with the Rex hire IMO originally was that Rex at his best was a.500 coach with the Jets...who took advantage of a defense that peaked at the right time to make two AFC title games. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't find it likely that he is going to catch lightning in a bottle a third time. This is the easiest schedule we probably will ever have...admittedly no one saw the AFC West renaissance coming but if we don't make it this year, when will we ever?

But who knows, maybe they rip off five more in a row, In which case I would be happy to be proven wrong...

I dunno the AFC South & NFC East slate last year was pretty darn soft.
Cleveland & SF are legit bad but it'd have been better to have those games on the road.

Seantrel Henderson has received a 10-game suspension by the league.

You could not pay me to go to a Raiders game, made that mistake once. Won't happen again. If I was a Raiders fan might be different but WOW. NFL is better when the Raiders are good though. they are Fun to watch. I think there was a point where Mack regretted jumping into that mess, he tried to get out a couple times but they weren't letting go that easily.. Soon to be the Vegas Raiders. Davis can't get out of that stadium fast enough and it is a dump. Makes the Ralph look nice ( Maybe I would not go that far) Bills need to build a new stadium or seriously renovate
been to a couple of Raider games, its definitely not for the faint of heart.

went to 1 in the LA Coliseum, with my girlfriend at the time and my sister. my girl was dressed like we were going to a NYC club, because after the game we were going to some LA club...and my sister, a BC grad...was dressed like she was going to BC homecoming v Holy Cross, complete with a sweater tied around her neck and a fancy bag.

we sat in the endzone.

whoa.

had to walk by Darth Raider, the guy with the spiked shoulder pads and the rest of the Raider Asylum to get to our seats. its all benches there and I went up 1st and sat on the inside. almost immediately the guy in front of me with with kids goes..."youre going to need to sit on the aisle". I just laughed and he said, 'no, im serious'. so I moved...thankfully. guys are just walking up and down the aisle with 40s, bottles of vodka, therye buying trays of beer...and sometimes they get tired, so they just sit down on the end of the row, unless of course they are wrestling with somebody and rolling down about 20 rows...good call my new friend. i easily saw about 4 fights a Qtr and with Raiders losing I was legitimately fearful for our lives as we walked back to this abandoned gas station where we parked for $20 and of course they had boxed us in.

we had a convertible...

I didn't feel safe till about a year after I landed back in NY.

2nd time was in Oakland. much better seats and 1 of my crew, for better or worse, was packing heat, but as we drove into the Stadium, the rest of my old seat mate friends had spray painted a sheet that they had tied up over the front of the parking lot entrance.

in black dripping paint it read...BANDWAGONEERS GO HOME

ive sworn off away Raider games for the rest of my life.

been to a couple of Raider games, its definitely not for the faint of heart.

went to 1 in the LA Coliseum, with my girlfriend at the time and my sister. my girl was dressed like we were going to a NYC club, because after the game we were going to some LA club...and my sister, a BC grad...was dressed like she was going to BC homecoming v Holy Cross, complete with a sweater tied around her neck and a fancy bag.

we sat in the endzone.

whoa.

had to walk by Darth Raider, the guy with the spiked shoulder pads and the rest of the Raider Asylum to get to our seats. its all benches there and I went up 1st and sat on the inside. almost immediately the guy in front of me with with kids goes..."youre going to need to sit on the aisle". I just laughed and he said, 'no, im serious'. so I moved...thankfully. guys are just walking up and down the aisle with 40s, bottles of vodka, therye buying trays of beer...and sometimes they get tired, so they just sit down on the end of the row, unless of course they are wrestling with somebody and rolling down about 20 rows...good call my new friend. i easily saw about 4 fights a Qtr and with Raiders losing I was legitimately fearful for our lives as we walked back to this abandoned gas station where we parked for $20 and of course they had boxed us in.

we had a convertible...

I didn't feel safe till about a year after I landed back in NY.

2nd time was in Oakland. much better seats and 1 of my crew, for better or worse, was packing heat, but as we drove into the Stadium, the rest of my old seat mate friends had spray painted a sheet that they had tied up over the front of the parking lot entrance.

in black dripping paint it read...BANDWAGONEERS GO HOME

ive sworn off away Raider games for the rest of my life.

Yeah, you really have to experience it. When I lived in San Francisco, I went to a couple and that was enough but the best story comes from a game I decided to pass on. A few buddies of mine I grew up with are die hard Jets fans, they come out for a long weekend because the Jets are playing Oakland. He had 4 tickets, I was the 4th but said no -ing way, I am not going. So they go to the game, tailgating etc well my buddy is trying to sell the xtra prior going into the game... well when he is selling the ticket a cop yells at him to stop or to come over as he was suspicious of drugs or scalping, he never really stuck around to see really; he panicked and starting running. Keep in mind he probably had a 12 pack, a couple joints, and a 1/2 bottle of jaeger coursing through him along with the weekend bender to back it up. He is also about 5-8, 155 pounds and wearing either a Mark Gastineau jersey or a Richard Todd one, can't remember. This is somewhere between 1998-1999 I think.

That said, he takes off into what was still a pretty crowded tailgating lot and two cops follow and they are yelling at him to stop... Again, no idea why he took off running, he was doing nothing wrong but he's an idiot. As he is heading through the lot, a couple of Raiders see what is going on and they see some scrawny dude with a Jets jersey and before he knows it two raiders fans with spiked shoulder pads and another with a cape on step in front of him and absolutely lay him out on the asphalt, I mean destroy him. He's lying on his back and the cops haul him off to Alameda county holding cell, where I get the call to come get him. He claims he blacked out for most of it, I don't doubt it but what a story. I was in his wedding a couple years later and threatened to tell the story but obviously did not

Yeah, you really have to experience it. When I lived in San Francisco, I went to a couple and that was enough but the best story comes from a game I decided to pass on. A few buddies of mine I grew up with are die hard Jets fans, they come out for a long weekend because the Jets are playing Oakland. He had 4 tickets, I was the 4th but said no -ing way, I am not going. So they go to the game, tailgating etc well my buddy is trying to sell the xtra prior going into the game... well when he is selling the ticket a cop yells at him to stop or to come over as he was suspicious of drugs or scalping, he never really stuck around to see really; he panicked and starting running. Keep in mind he probably had a 12 pack, a couple joints, and a 1/2 bottle of jaeger coursing through him along with the weekend bender to back it up. He is also about 5-8, 155 pounds and wearing either a Mark Gastineau jersey or a Richard Todd one, can't remember. This is somewhere between 1998-1999 I think.

That said, he takes off into what was still a pretty crowded tailgating lot and two cops follow and they are yelling at him to stop... Again, no idea why he took off running, he was doing nothing wrong but he's an idiot. As he is heading through the lot, a couple of Raiders see what is going on and they see some scrawny dude with a Jets jersey and before he knows it two raiders fans with spiked shoulder pads and another with a cape on step in front of him and absolutely lay him out on the asphalt, I mean destroy him. He's lying on his back and the cops haul him off to Alameda county holding cell, where I get the call to come get him. He claims he blacked out for most of it, I don't doubt it but what a story. I was in his wedding a couple years later and threatened to tell the story but obviously did not
i don't know how these guys ever got away with the stuff they wore.

hell, im sure they are still wearing it...

darth-vader-raiders-fan.vresize.1200.675.high.41.jpg

raiders-fans.jpg

raiders-fans1.jpg

i don't know how these guys ever got away with the stuff they wore.

hell, im sure they are still wearing it...

darth-vader-raiders-fan.vresize.1200.675.high.41.jpg

raiders-fans.jpg

raiders-fans1.jpg

The guys in the middle picture are the ones that probably took my buddy out, if not them probably some relative, it's unreal. I was in a bar in Atlanta on Sunday a few weeks ago, watching games before I went to the airport, some people were wearing NFL jerseys, etc and around 3:30 here comes a guy with a raiders jersey, face paint and studded wrist bands, etc. I was thinking, really? My buddy said, he does it every week and the dude is a Doc somewhere in town, unreal.

You better have been repping Syracuse orange or NYG blue

I don't get the whole dress up in costumes thing for Raiders games. A jersey and a hat is enough for me, but I'm an east coast raiders fan that's never been to prison.

This is the quintessential Bills game...start out fast and then make a few dumb plays to let their opponent back into it...before ultimately losing.

I hope to edit this post in two hours indicating how happy I was to be wrong.

This is the quintessential Bills game...start out fast and then make a few dumb plays to let their opponent back into it...before ultimately losing.

I hope to edit this post in two hours indicating how happy I was to be wrong.

Certainly understand. They are play g well enough to be up 10. Seems like they should have more than 10 points, the holding call on Taylor's run was brutal. This is the season right here coming up

congrats on the win Bills fans. Raiders aren't going anywhere with this garbage defense. I could see a 0-5 swoon to end the season

congrats on the win Bills fans. Raiders aren't going anywhere with this garbage defense. I could see a 0-5 swoon to end the season

Come on man, way too much time to be saying that. Still 9 minutes in the third and the Raider's have an explosive offense.