Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

I know the numbers but the point was they don't "have to" spend it. You said they had to spend it, they don't have to. Obviously you will spend some but they don't "have to" do anything with it or spend all of it or spend a bulk of it.
The Patriots decided Gilmore was worth the money and they had a lot of cap space.
I think trusting Bill Belichick after 15 years he's earned trust. I don't think any of the spending they've done this offseason has been ridiculous.

The Patriots aren't even done. Jimmy G or Butler will get traded for more draft picks. I also think Richard Sherman for the Patriots could still happen.

I'm already in penciling on the Patriots in the AFC championship game for the 7th straight year barring a rash of significant injuries.

MMQB: The Bills, at #10, are the team that everyone believes you must leapfrog if you want a QB.

I just got a heads up the likely opener for the Bills is at home vs. the Raiders.

I just got a heads up the likely opener for the Bills is at home vs. the Raiders.

Bills schedule this year is pretty brutal so getting the Raiders game first might actually be helpful, perhaps they have a chance to ambush them like we did to Indy a few years ago. Tough game though with all that O firepower.

Well I got that one wrong.
Bk2hQCnIUAA36YX.jpg

: "Well, folks, when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time!"

Last edited:
Bills fans
Updated Bills Schedule:
Week 1 vs NYJ
Week 2 @ CAR
Week 3 vs DEN
Week 4 @ ATL
Week 6 BYE
Week 13 NE
Week 15 MIA
Week 16 @NE
Week 17 @ MIA
-NYJ Road TNF at some point
Have been leaked

PATS are loaded at Rb. Gillislee will have a defined role , I'm Curious as to how touches for white , Lewis , and burkhead get split up. I keep hearing how burkhead will be good , but I'm trying to figure out when he plays besides special teams. Bolden still around too.

PATS are loaded at Rb. Gillislee will have a defined role , I'm Curious as to how touches for white , Lewis , and burkhead get split up. I keep hearing how burkhead will be good , but I'm trying to figure out when he plays besides special teams. Bolden still around too.
Pats are a game plan team.
Teams with beef in the middle they will use the small guys in short passes.
When they play poor running teams you will see Gillslee.

For now at least. It's a loaded draft for RBs and the Bills have the ammo to move up in the 3rd or 4th if they like one of them.
Belichick is telling you what he thinks of the late Round RB draft. Giving a 5th round pick for Gillslee.

Belichick is telling you what he thinks of the late Round RB draft. Giving a 5th round pick for Gillslee.

Two teams in completely different situations. Patriots have all the cap space in the world and are paying Gillislee to be their starter. Buffalo should be able to find a capable backup RB; they grabbed Gillislee off the scrap heap. Buffalo has a pretty great run blocking offensive line. And I don't really care what Belichick thinks of the late round RBs.

I don't think that's it.

its just BB being lazy-smart.

why take a flyer on someone who may or may not make it in the league, when you can grab someone who has made it, there is tape on him and hes still young player with a lot of tread left, who can (I assume) play specials.

he'll be a fantasy nightmare for idiots.

he'll rush for 120 and 2 tds 1 week and everyone will load up on him, then he will go 5 weeks with a total of 10 carries...get dropped by all, then do it again v the jets or one of the other crappy teams the patsies get to play on a weekly basis coming off short rest.

I don't think that's it.

its just BB being lazy-smart.

why take a flyer on someone who may or may not make it in the league, when you can grab someone who has made it, there is tape on him and hes still young player with a lot of tread left, who can (I assume) play specials.

he'll be a fantasy nightmare for idiots.

he'll rush for 120 and 2 tds 1 week and everyone will load up on him, then he will go 5 weeks with a total of 10 carries...get dropped by all, then do it again v the jets or one of the other crappy teams the patsies get to play on a weekly basis coming off short rest.
Gillslee is a young faster version of Blount.

Gillslee led the NFL yards per attempt and is a tremendous fit for when the Pats want to go heavy.
He can catch the ball and is still young. He doesn't have much mileage on his tires like rookie RBs will have from last year.

This move was Belichick saying I want Gillslee over a rookie like James Connor or Freeman from Texas.

Also it reinforces Belichick using the Bills as his farm team.

Last edited:
Gillslee is a young faster version of Blount.

Gillslee led the NFL yards per attempt and is a tremendous fit for when the Pats want to go heavy.
He can catch the ball and is still young. He doesn't have much mileage on his tires like rookie RBs will have from last year.

This move was Belichick saying I want Gillslee over a rookie like James Connor or Freeman from Texas.

Also it reinforces Belichick using the Bills as his farm team.
and the saints, and the Vikings (moss) and the chargers (seau) etc etc etc...

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Would definitely like a trade-down. I don't think it's likely though. I think teams (realistically, one or two teams) will be trying to jump in front of Buffalo, not negotiate a trade with them.