Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Last night was brutal. I don't know why I still root for this team but I already purchased Sunday ticket and my apparel for the year so I can't quit now. It's already been said but the WRs are third rate, we definitely miss having a big back...Karlos Williams would have converted that 4th and 1. Also sounds like Watkins is inevitably going to miss multiple weeks this season. That trade is/was an embarrassment.
Eh, looking back, yea but we've seen what he can do when healthy and targeted. Who would've known that he'd be injury prone when he was a beast in college.

Absolutely need a big back. McCoy on a game-on-the-line 4th and inches is embarrassing.

Last night was brutal. I don't know why I still root for this team but I already purchased Sunday ticket and my apparel for the year so I can't quit now. It's already been said but the WRs are third rate, we definitely miss having a big back...Karlos Williams would have converted that 4th and 1. Also sounds like Watkins is inevitably going to miss multiple weeks this season. That trade is/was an embarrassment.

Might as well bring Karlos back at this point. Watkins is a great WR when healthy just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Look at the last 5 games last year when he finally was good to go, he was torching the league.

Anthony Lynn has been promoted to OC. Hopefully he has a better game plan then Roman.

Anthony Lynn has been promoted to OC. Hopefully he has a better game plan then Roman.

The offense isn't the problem. What the Bills did is just promote their next interim head coach for when they fire Rex in a month or so.

Well this doesn't sound good.

"Lynn is known for advocating the infamous "Ground and Pound" technique. He likes to run the ball on offense, and keep the defense rested so they can "pound" the opposing team.[6] He provides a strong running game and has exceptional run reads.[6] Offensively, his approach spirals off the idea that the running game should open up opportunities for the passing game."

"Lynn is known for advocating the infamous "Ground and Pound" technique. He likes to run the ball on offense, and keep the defense rested so they can "pound" the opposing team.[6] He provides a strong running game and has exceptional run reads.[6] Offensively, his approach spirals off the idea that the running game should open up opportunities for the passing game."
Ha, northeast meathead.

Ha

Roman fired.

Typical Bills/Rex move. They score 31, give up 37, and they fire the OC? It's like a Kafka novel: "Who's in charge here?"

"Nobody."

As a Jets fan, I am SO freaking glad to see the backside of that gong show.

Typical Bills/Rex move. They score 31, give up 37, and they fire the OC? It's like a Kafka novel: "Who's in charge here?"

"Nobody."

As a Jets fan, I am SO freaking glad to see the backside of that gong show.

edit: I had some really snotty lines saved up (I took a lotta last year after week 17) but a lot of good posters here are Bills fans, so what the heck ...

Easy-Cheese-Omelette-42314.jpg
this one slide ...

Get it? :D

Buffalo's problems go back long before Rex got there, but Rex has thrown gasoline on them and is burning the franchise down in epic fashion...

-2013 they draft EJ Manuel in Rd 1. Just a horrible mistake
-2014 they trade UP to take Sammy Watkins (give up a future 1st round pick to do it) when they could have stayed where they were and just took Odell Beckham. Watkins is never healthy and Beckham is off to an amazing career and one of the 3 best WR's in the game today. When all is said and done this will go down as one of the worst trades in NFL Draft history.
-2016 (and this one is on Rex the above two aren't) the Bills draft Shaq Lawson (who had red flags everywhere cause of a bum shoulder) and of course he doesn't make it out of mini-camp let alone even get to training camp and misses his rookie year

On top of all of that, you have a head coach in Marrone who had the team moving in the right direction and just up and leaves. Granted he saw new ownership and they probably were going to fire him (hell word is it was the owners wife who wanted Roman gone today and she got her way.) So Doug was in a tough spot, wait and get fired or leave and take the $$$. But its rare you see someone quit being an NFL head coach...but Buffalo got lucky and found the guy who did just that.

But everything leading up to this dumpster fire that is Rex Ryan in Buffalo ...most of the groundwork was in place long before got there. He just walked into a crappy situation and is making it worse. You have numerous players on this years team being suspended. You had to cut your young up and coming RB due to weight issues. And it's going to get worse before it gets better, in the offseason at the end of this year, when Buffalo is trying to find their next head coach they are going to have worlds of trouble landing someone good. They are going to end up with your typical retread NFL head coach or will have to take a flyer on an assistant who will work cheap and just wants to be a head coach so will jump at the opportunity. No big-time candidate or a proven candidate will consider the Bills as the ownership is weak and clueless and the situation is an utter mess from top to bottom within the organization and the roster.

Buffalo's problems go back long before Rex got there, but Rex has thrown gasoline on them and is burning the franchise down in epic fashion...

-2014 they trade UP to take Sammy Watkins (give up a future 1st round pick to do it) when they could have stayed where they were and just took Odell Beckham. Watkins is never healthy and Beckham is off to an amazing career and one of the 3 best WR's in the game today. When all is said and done this will go down as one of the worst trades in NFL Draft history.
-2016 (and this one is on Rex the above two aren't) the Bills draft Shaq Lawson (who had red flags everywhere cause of a bum shoulder) and of course he doesn't make it out of mini-camp let alone even get to training camp and misses his rookie year

On top of all of that, you have a head coach in Marrone who had the team moving in the right direction and just up and leaves. Granted he saw new ownership and they probably were going to fire him (hell word is it was the owners wife who wanted Roman gone today and she got her way.) So Doug was in a tough spot, wait and get fired or leave and take the $$$. But its rare you see someone quit being an NFL head coach...but Buffalo got lucky and found the guy who did just that.

But everything leading up to this dumpster fire that is Rex Ryan in Buffalo ...most of the groundwork was in place long before got there. He just walked into a crappy situation and is making it worse. You have numerous players on this years team being suspended. You had to cut your young up and coming RB due to weight issues. And it's going to get worse before it gets better, in the offseason at the end of this year, when Buffalo is trying to find their next head coach they are going to have worlds of trouble landing someone good. They are going to end up with your typical retread NFL head coach or will have to take a flyer on an assistant who will work cheap and just wants to be a head coach so will jump at the opportunity. No big-time candidate or a proven candidate will consider the Bills as the ownership is weak and clueless and the situation is an utter mess from top to bottom within the organization and the roster.
When Doug took the job from Ralph Wilson , Ralph was terminally ill and only had a short time to live . That is why the clause was inserted into the contract that in the event that upon Ralph's death Doug could opt out if the new ownership didn't support him , which is what happened when they wanted to fire his assistants . Nobody else would consider the job because of the circumstances . Now everyone can see that the team is being run by the wife and Marrone look's better and better . They will never get a real coach in that carnival show .

I totally disagree.

While it's a dumpster fire, yes... The Pegulas are loaded and will back up a dump truck full of money to someone's house if Rex is gone.

Also, QB issues aside (they can basically trade their whole draft for a QB next year if needed) - next years coach will have a very talented roster with Ragland back.

If they lock up Gilmore, you're looking at a secondary with Gilmore, Darby and Aaron Williams, a defensive line anchored by Dareus and a linebacker unit of Hughes, Ragland, Brown and Shaq Lawson.

On offense, they need a QB(?), RT and WR.

I'll wait and see how the next 2 weeks turn out. Their season is on the line Sunday, at home, against AZ. They just fired Roman and the players are all vocally happy about it so they better step up. After that comes the Jacoby Brissett led Patriots.

I totally disagree.

While it's a dumpster fire, yes... The Pegulas are loaded and will back up a dump truck full of money to someone's house if Rex is gone.

Also, QB issues aside (they can basically trade their whole draft for a QB next year if needed) - next years coach will have a very talented roster with Ragland back.

If they lock up Gilmore, you're looking at a secondary with Gilmore, Darby and Aaron Williams, a defensive line anchored by Dareus and a linebacker unit of Hughes, Ragland, Brown and Shaq Lawson.

On offense, they need a QB(?), RT and WR.

I'll wait and see how the next 2 weeks turn out. Their season is on the line Sunday, at home, against AZ. They just fired Roman and the players are all vocally happy about it so they better step up. After that comes the Jacoby Brissett led Patriots.

Stop...just stop. The team is a mess and has many issues across the board

Stop...just stop. The team is a mess and has many issues across the board
I don't disagree. I do disagree that they won't be able to get a good head coach which is what your entire point was.

I don't disagree. I do disagree that they won't be able to get a good head coach which is what your entire point was.

They haven't had a big name head coach sine Marv Levy. I don't see that changing

This is known as a skip level meeting. Becoming very fashionable in certain industries.

Google "radical candor skip level" for a good article on it.

That's a fair point- definitely familiar with skip levels as I hold them in my org, I didn't consider that the NFL would be a likely industry to embrace that...

Regardless- still a dumpster fire. Unless they win this weekend. ;)

That's a fair point- definitely familiar with skip levels as I hold them in my org, I didn't consider that the NFL would be a likely industry to embrace that...

Regardless- still a dumpster fire. Unless they win this weekend. ;)
They should do a skip-level right down to the fans. I think all teams in all sports both professional and collegiate should do this when making decisions.

Is it bad that as a lifelong bills fan I'm pretty stoked that Carson Palmer, who just happens to be my QB in my FFL, is facing the Bills D this week?

Well Sammy is probably out because he got his foot stepped on in practice.

Only the Bills trade an additional first round pick for a guy who can't play if someone steps on his foot.

Well Sammy is probably out because he got his foot stepped on in practice.

Only the Bills trade an additional first round pick for a guy who can't play if someone steps on his foot.

The bigger issue why the hell is even going through a walk through and which idiot stepped on his foot? Ugh can this franchise do anything right. Might as well rest him an additional week as next week is this teams super bowl anyway. Were going WR or QB in round I of next years draft, its a foregone conclusion at this point.

A little good news. The Pats will be starting their 4th string QB next week when the Bills face them. But on the other hand if the Bills lose to the Pats and their 4th string QB it might be time to leave the NFL and join the CFL or something

A little good news. The Pats will be starting their 4th string QB next week when the Bills face them. But on the other hand if the Bills lose to the Pats and their 4th string QB it might be time to leave the NFL and join the CFL or something
Garoppolo will likely be cleared to play this game and its not known if Brissett needs surgery right away.

Unless Buffalo's offense can score 21 points at NE I think the Pats will still beat the Bills.