Goodman and Thamel | Syracusefan.com

Goodman and Thamel

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Goodman saying noels recruitment is a mess and thamel has been interviewing people around shabazz and nerlens, lots of rumors surrounding muhammad

Didnt go into great details but hes implying bazz has his hand out and that noels a good kid but has some bad people in his ear

That's unfortunate... Don't understand how a kid that will be a millionaire in a year needs a boost in picking a school for 8 months.

That's unfortunate... Don't understand how a kid that will be a millionaire in a year needs a boost in picking a school for 8 months.

The kid can be as clean as day and univolved while the people in the kids ear are the ones who are dirty and taking money to influence them.

Goodman saying noels recruitment is a mess and thamel has been interviewing people around shabazz and nerlens, lots of rumors surrounding muhammad
Chance this blows up on Kentucky and Coach Cal?

Chance this blows up on Kentucky and Coach Cal?

If thamels digging around and theres dirt to be found i hope it does but who knows, the uk fans see this is a postive bc it guarantees in their mind hes going there lol

If thamels digging around and theres dirt to be found i hope it does but who knows, the uk fans see this is a postive bc it guarantees in their mind hes going there lol

I'd rather it come out later than now. Now it will just be a case of a recruit making illegal demands that no body met. In 12 months it could be a case of a recruit making illegal demands that Cal met.

The kid can be as clean as day and univolved while the people in the kids ear are the ones who are dirty and taking money to influence them.
This

Take your cues from Cal as to when UK will get hit with anything, because he is always one step ahead of the NCAA. When he decides it's time to go back to the NBA, it means UK will get hit with sanctions within 3-6 months.

Based on comments I have read and what people in his inner circle keep saying I would be absolutely stunned if he comes here. I just dont think we will be as fortunate as many of us think. Somehow someway Cal will get him to commit.

Based on comments I have read and what people in his inner circle keep saying I would be absolutely stunned if he comes here. I just dont think we will be as fortunate as many of us think. Somehow someway Cal will get him to commit.

I agree, ive changed my tune the last week...hes uk bound imo

Coleman, Christmas, Fair, Grant, Southerland, Keita (assuming Melo jumps). Seems like enough to me.

That comment by Shabazz last week suddenly takes on new meaning. Nothing like a bidding war to drive up the price.

My attention moves directly to tyler ennis. Perhaps nerlens was undeserving of the big head,li blame myself

Just because this stuff is surfacing doesn't mean Nerlens Noel knows or is involved in any of it or that it is true. However it being Kentucky makes me feel that it is true, although it still could be involving people Noel knows and not himslef.
In the end we all know that recruiting against Kentucky is not playing against a level field its uphill all the way. And that is how it should be because who wants SU to go to the length UK and Cal will to recruit kids? Not me. I'm not going to bang on an 18 year old kid for going to UK even if he directly accepts money himself. He's 18 and who knows what type of support system he has in place to make this decision.
In the end its an NCAA issue, since they let these things happen when its seemingly common knowlegde. Just last year this time Davis's Dad got 200K or whatever and look where he is playing . . . .

Hell, the rumor was (back in the day) that Walter Berry was offered $100k to go to Georgia. Of course, back then, it required going to college for 2-3 years, not just one.

Or this demonstrates why the current system is stupid...why force a kid who has no interest in going to school to get an education to go play in the college ranks when he is really only interested in making a living playing ball. If you are good enough, why should you have to wait a year?

Or this demonstrates why the current system is stupid...why force a kid who has no interest in going to school to get an education to go play in the college ranks when he is really only interested in making a living playing ball. If you are good enough, why should you have to wait a year?
Because players like Noel, Melo, Durant, Lebron, etc are once in a lifetime type talents. If you open the floodgates and let anyone declare that is a huge mistake. Unless you are suggesting the NBA only let the top 5 prospects declare if they want? That'd also be stupid.

The problem was there were too many kids that weren't good enough that were being fed bad information and didn't get drafted. Then they couldn't go to college under scholarship either. This was more so to prevent that then to penalize the kids that were definitely ready for the NBA. If they are looking for the payday, they just need to go overseas for a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom