Goran Dragic wants a move out of Phoenix | Syracusefan.com

Goran Dragic wants a move out of Phoenix

Czar

All Conference
Tyler Ennis NBA experience might be imminent.

The Knicks should sell their souls for Dragic, if they have any left.

This was my first thought, too. They should go after him hard. With Stat bought out, they have tons of room to make moves.

I believe he only wants to go to the Knicks, Lakers or Heat (I'm not joking, that's his real list).

And this is why he was chosen. Dragic wasn't likely going to stay and Bled can't stay healthy.

Thomas only came to them because Boogie didn't like him and want him around in Sacramento.

Big question now will be how Karl's type of offense meshes with Boogie.

This was my first thought, too. They should go after him hard. With Stat bought out, they have tons of room to make moves.

Them buying out Stat didn't really get them any room. It probably got them under the tax for this year, but his contract was up after the season anyway and they're still over the cap right now.

I would hope they go hard for him in the summer so I hope he doesn't get moved somewhere he'd like to stay

Stupid question: How the F is NY still over the cap?

Amare's contract counts, less whatever they bought him out for. (I think its like $2 million). So he's like $21, Melo is 22.5, Bargs (!) 12, Calderon is 8. That's basically 65 million right there, cap is 63 and change.

Amare's contract counts, less whatever they bought him out for. (I think its like $2 million). So he's like $21, Melo is 22.5, Bargs (!) 12, Calderon is 8. That's basically 65 million right there, cap is 63 and change.

Plus, I think these kind of buyouts don't let the team off the hook for the full contract--only a pro-rated percentage, I believe [Knicks411 will be able to keep me honest on that].

Plus, I think these kind of buyouts don't let the team off the hook for the full contract--only a pro-rated percentage, I believe [Knicks411 will be able to keep me honest on that].

Yeah, it's just whatever number they agree to. I think it;'s in the $2 million range, which would be just enough to get the Knicks under the tax this year. So basically Amare gives up like $2 million, minus whatever prorated he'll make as a FA (prob vets minimum? so like maybe $300,000?) but he gets to play for a playoff team. Well, until he gets hurt.

What do they have that Phoenix wants. Do they really want to start giving up all their first round picks again?

Knicks were said to be interested in Dragic as a free agent signing for just money. In a sign and trade the Knicks have nothing to trade unless they want their #1 pick in 2018. The Knicks are always looking to give away all their draft picks.

MikeSU02 said:
I believe he only wants to go to the Knicks, Lakers or Heat (I'm not joking, that's his real list).
he wants a max deal...

This is horrible for the Knicks -- not the getting Dragic part, but the fact that they now need to trade for him.

The Knicks could have been players as a UFA, but when it comes to acquiring players in a trade they are screwed. They have nothing of value left to trade -- nothing.

Last edited:
What do they have that Phoenix wants. Do they really want to start giving up all their first round picks again?

They can't trade any pick before 2018. They can't even trade their 2015 pick until draft night (after making a pick on behalf of somebody else). That was a great deal for Bargnani...

That's great in July but pretty damn useless in February.

What about assets?

They can't trade any pick before 2018. They can't even trade their 2015 pick until draft night (after making a pick on behalf of somebody else). That was a great deal for Bargnani...
Whoever made that Bargnani trade (and the person has never been identified) should be water boarded.

Knicks could trade for him, but it would have to be a three team deal and picks would have to exchange hands. I would think Philly would be willing to take on a bad contract for a second round pick, the problem is the knicks don't have many.

Just spit balling here:
Maybe Bargnani to the 76ers, Dragic to the Knicks and Hardaway Jr. to the Suns with one of the following (2nd round pick to the 76ers and 2nd rd pick to the Suns) or (Cleanthony Early to the Suns and 2nd rounder to the 76ers)?

Knicks could trade for him, but it would have to be a three team deal and picks would have to exchange hands. I would think Philly would be willing to take on a bad contract for a second round pick, the problem is the knicks don't have many.

Just spit balling here:
Maybe Bargnani to the 76ers, Dragic to the Knicks and Hardaway Jr. to the Suns with one of the following (2nd round pick to the 76ers and 2nd rd pick to the Suns) or (Cleanthony Early to the Suns and 2nd rounder to the 76ers)?

Bargnani is expiring right? I could see the Sixers doing it. However I think they would play serious hardball and try to get Phoenix to trade them the rights for Bogdan Bogdanovic. It'd be a huge swindle, but he is exactly the kind of piece that Hinkie would love.

I can't see Hardaway, Early, and a 2nd rounder getting it done. Not even that close.

I wonder how aggressive the Sixers will be in terms of selling their cap space. I would think the Nets and Knicks are 2 teams that could really value dumping (and lux tax savings), but they don't have a late 1st to give.

But no one wants to play for the Knicks because we will never be a playoff team ever again...or so i'm told by every media person with an outlet.

I can't see Hardaway, Early, and a 2nd rounder getting it done. Not even that close.

I agree it wouldn't be ideal for the Suns. The problem is they have no leverage really, get something for Dragic or nothing, those are the options.

Its possible the 76ers throw in KJ McDaniels to the Suns and get a 2nd rounder from the knicks and one from the suns. I think they know KJ will likely not be re-signing with them.

Just a thought:

Knicks get: Dragic (a player they want)
Suns get: Hardaway Jr and KJ McDaniels (Two talented young prospects)
76ers get: Bargnani, and two 2nd rounders (expiring and two assests for a player that doesn't want to play for them)

But no one wants to play for the Knicks because we will never be a playoff team ever again...or so i'm told by every media person with an outlet.

His agent also is probably trying to get as many of the big market teams as possible involved.
The Knicks can get guys if they overpay them. But a guy l ike Gasol or LMA leaving this summer? don't see that

I tossed this in the daily links thread earlier but figured I'd throw it here, as well: http://.com/one-step-closer-to-the-ennis-era-in-phoenix/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom