GoT Season 8 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GoT Season 8

So there are 2 theories for who the NK actually is?
Either one is he is Bram or the other I heard is the NK is the original Jon Snow of Winterfall. Being the son of Bael the Bard and a Stark girl.
Meaning the NK was a commander of the Night’s Watch like Jon and was betrayed like Jon because he fell in love with a wilding.
The thinking being the origins of House of Stark are from a wilding.
Thus, House Stark is really from a Wilding origin and they rewrote the history books and that is what Bran’s mission has been about.

Season 8 can’t come fast enough but the NK stuff is the most interesting to me.

Have to read through the rest of the thread, but I assumed the NK was going to be a big part of the prequel.

Alright lets pass some time by...

Favorite Episodes?

I gotta say mine’s season 7’s finale. I will not spoil for the insufferables that havent watched but it was beautiful how they wrapped things together and “the tower” song gets to me every damn time.

Saw the GOT fountains at the Bellagio on Sunday night. Really great but hard to justify dealing with all of the people and crap on the strip for those 4 minutes.

Damn twitter gave me a spoiler for this first episode.
It wasn’t a giant shocker but I recommend if you want to go spoiler free don’t read Twitter today.

Since they are going to need some fresh new content for the ACC Network, how about, "At the movies with Dino and Jim"?

I mean, Jim's obviously pretty good at this ...

Alright lets pass some time by...

Favorite Episodes?

I gotta say mine’s season 7’s finale. I will not spoil for the insufferables that havent watched but it was beautiful how they wrapped things together and “the tower” song gets to me every damn time.

Battle of the Bastards.

Jon drawing his sword with the Bolton forces about to crash down on him is the most iconic shot of the series to me. When I first watched it live I held my breath when Jon was getting trampled and can still remember the feeling the faint horn sounded from the Knights of the Vale.

Battle of the Bastards.

Jon drawing his sword with the Bolton forces about to crash down on him is the most iconic shot of the series to me. When I first watched it live I held my breath when Jon was getting trampled and can still remember the feeling the faint horn sounded from the Knights of the Vale.
Its unbelievable but every GoT fan i’ve spoken to, including me, gasped and felt like they couldn’t breathe during that scene he was being trampled. The producers are masterful to bring such a character to life.

If Littlefinger isn’t really dead that would be amazing.
These odds for whom will sit on the iron throne have Baelish at 12-1.

If Littlefinger isn’t really dead that would be amazing.
These odds for whom will sit on the iron throne have Baelish at 12-1.
Perhaps we’ve not seen the end of the warlock from qarth? Massive longshot but i find littlefinger’s nearly improved odds fascinating.

Perhaps we’ve not seen the end of the warlock from qarth? Massive longshot but i find littlefinger’s nearly improved odds fascinating.
Faceless man? Is the only theory that can make sense but I don’t know.
We shall see.

Faceless man? Is the only theory that can make sense but I don’t know.
We shall see.
At this point any character who has motive to kill arya outside of the nightking we’d have reason to believe is a faceless man. So that’s likely the most plausible outcome.

Waste of an episode.
One story points advanced were Yara being saved and Jon hearing the truth from Sam.
If this wasn’t a shortened season okay move slowly but man that wasn’t a good episode.
Jon and Arya reunion wasn’t even as cool as anticipated.
The new intro was cool.

Waste of an episode.
One story points advanced were Yara being saved and Jon hearing the truth from Sam.
If this wasn’t a shortened season okay move slowly but man that wasn’t a good episode.
Jon and Arya reunion wasn’t even as cool as anticipated.
The new intro was cool.
A lot of petty bs conflict being introduced but by the looks of the preview next episode looks nuts

Pretty sure thats when the umber kids eyes opened
I thought Tormund was going to be the surprise death in that scene but they didn’t want any deaths first episode back.
The Umber kid’s death was more sick than scary.

They can’t waste much time on Jaime next week as the Army of the dead is on the way.

I really think Cersei is going to die in child birth and she may give birth to a dwarf like her brother.
She is pregnant and was drinking the wine in those scenes with Euron.

The writers are making Sansa smarter than she appears. Her character is my least favorite main character but she does play chess well.

I wanted to see a scene with Lady Mormont and her cousin Jorah but they didn’t go there.
Felt bad for Sam but everyone already what had happened.

relatively meh episode

other than things people wanted to see (Snow riding a dragon, R+L=J, some reunions) only the Umber scene was pretty cool

next week looks good though

Part of the final chapters was always going to be about the reunions. I’m glad they got them out of the way, got everyone to Winterfell, and set the stage for the enormity of the battle to come.

The episode was kinda what I expected.

Is it me or are the only main characters that have been whacked since the show passed the books have been kin slayers or Stark betrayers?

Stannis Baratheon, Ramsey & Roose Bolton, Walder Frey, Petyr Baelish. Anyone I missed?

A few "good" guys & gals have been placed in some jeopardy but survived. I wonder if the show writers have the stones to attempt some of the bold plot twists Martin had in the books.

Either way, they need to stop pissing away time with montages of armies marching and dragons flying. We get it. Drive on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom