Gottlieb Already Picked Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb Already Picked Syracuse

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
As the first big upset. He is either a paid anti-Su shill or has a serious pathology about Beohiem/Syracuse.

As the first big upset. He is either a paid anti-Su shill or has a serious pathology about Beohiem/Syracuse.

Well, they are playing like a bubble team. For this team, if they can get to the sweet 16 I will be happy.

It just would really suck if we lose Grant and Ennis to the NBA.

Ten days ago, Gottlieb said something in defense of Syracuse... and everyone here loved him. These guys are paid to be commentators/analysts... not to root for or against anyone. Get over this Gottlieb fixation.

cto said:
Ten days ago, Gottlieb said something in defense of Syracuse... and everyone here loved him. These guys are paid to be commentators/analysts... not to root for or against anyone. Get over this Gottlieb fixation.

Was just thinking the same thing! I feel that Doug usually tells it how it is.

He was a clown then, and a clown now. Twatlieb.

Its really just JBs stealth plan for the tourney .. weve lulled them to sleep and now will come out and blows everyones doors off (not really)

You mean he beat Seth Davis to it? In years SU is playing well they all pick against us because of the memory of the Vermont Game. This year with the way we're playing we're going to be everyone's upset pick. Maybe it will guys our guys some anger they can use.

we're playing terribly and will have a very high seed. Kind of an easy prediction.
Not if you don't know who were playing. I think we beat Cal Poly for example.

I'm as big a fan as anyone but it doesn't help if you can't step back and be objective about your team. Our team hasn't given anyone a reason to fear us lately and we shouldn't be coddled or degrade others who call it like they see it. Like has already been mentioned these guys are paid to comment and make statements. Why people choose to take things so personal is beyond me. Especially when the guy is making a very valid, reasonable, and hard to argue point. Again, you can be objective and still love SU basketball. We need to step it up.

Gottlieb has been one of our biggest supporters this season. He has turned the corner on us for the most part. At this point why not expect us to go out early. I bet he did last season also.

aw jeez not this again.jpg

I WISH these guys just got paid to be commentators/analysts. If that was the case, Gottlieb would probably be tolerable. But in reality, he's paid to be an obnoxious turd-stirrer.

Actually what Gottlieb said was very rational and reasonable and probably correct. It said our pace will keep a lower seed team in the game. I agree with him and we have St Francis, Cornell, BC, GT games as proof

Agreed. We are playing poorly, and the pace will only help the 13 team.

I think we get by that game, but if I was not an SU fan I think picking us as the 4/13 upset would make sense.

I do trust Gottlieb to re-analyze things once the actual bracket is out and our opponent is known.

Yeah, those are the only 2 reasonable possibilities - Gottlieb is either a paid anti-SU shill or is a pathological JB hater.

Fairly objective analysis and calling a spade a spade were the first things to pop into my head. But, you might be on to something with the pathology angle.

I'd pick us too. Based on how we finished the season, we deserve all the naysayers. We played ourselves into it. I just saw a bracket with Florida, Creighton, Kansas and SU. Yeah, we'd get through that gauntlet. I'm usually the ultimate optimist, but we don't have the strength, depth, or scoring to handle any of them the way we are playing now. Pre-Duke game SU, maybe. But not this version.

I'd pick us too. Based on how we finished the season, we deserve all the naysayers. We played ourselves into it. I just saw a bracket with Florida, Creighton, Kansas and SU. Yeah, we'd get through that gauntlet. I'm usually the ultimate optimist, but we don't have the strength, depth, or scoring to handle any of them the way we are playing now. Pre-Duke game SU, maybe. But not this version.

More than that, in my mind anyway, we are just as likely to struggle with our 1st and 2nd round match ups, regardless of who we play or where we play.

Need to somehow survive the first weekend, and that will be a far greater challenge than most here are willing to accept. This team is still capable of beating anyone, and, sadly, even more capable of losing to anyone.

He has said nothing as bad as was posted here after a loss.
I thought protocol would be to wait until a team is seeded in the field, that's all. Then let the bashing begin.