Gottlieb Already Picked Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb Already Picked Syracuse

I thought protocol would be to wait until a team is seeded in the field, that's all. Then let the bashing begin.
It doesn't matter who we play, we are trending straight down, and have shown we can lose to teams worse than any 16 seed in the field.

When I take my kids apple picking, they usually get all the low hanging ones.

Gotlieb, really went out on a limb there didn't he??

I expect better from him to be sure, he's good.

Most of today's talking heads (they are not journalist or analysts) are the biggest trolls around. Gottleib, Davis, Doyel, Bomani Jones, et al love to talk smack about Cuse, UNC, whoever to get people to comment them online. They know that clicks equal ad revenue and that's why they do what they do.

I mean ESPN employs Bayless and Stephen A to do this with pro fans. The more nonsense they spew, the more people tune in and give them attention. I expect everyone to have Cuse out in Rd. 1- how did that work for Montana Seth last year?

For the love of God.

Try looking at this objectively please.

Would ANYONE be shocked to lose first round? Take off the orange glasses for Christ sake.

If we remove the orange shaded glasses, we realize we have a team that has won 2 out of it's last 7 games. Both of those wins were against teams that probably won't be in the tournament. Two of those 5 recent losses came to teams that won't make the NIT and one came to a bubble team that had it's bubble burst when Duke beat them.

Honestly, why wouldn't someone pick us to get upset early?

He's terribly, terribly wrong! No loss by SU should be considered an upset.

As the first big upset. He is either a paid anti-Su shill or has a serious pathology about Beohiem/Syracuse.
If I had to pick a first round upset it wouldn't be hard to pick Cuse as well ..w e just really sugh right now.

Who are we playing?

Someone better than boston college.

It doesn't matter who we play. We can win, we can lose. As has been the case all season. My point is, why be shocked?

I haven't seen who Louisville is playing, and I'm going to say they won't be upset. Could I be wrong? Certainly.

Someone better than boston college.

It doesn't matter who we play. We can win, we can lose. As has been the case all season. My point is, why be shocked?

I haven't seen who Louisville is playing, and I'm going to say they won't be upset. Could I be wrong? Certainly.

We should all know there's a huge difference between league games and non-league. Things might be different, getting out of league.

In fact, when everyone jumped off the Syracuse ship in the last few weeks of last regular season, Jalen Rose(an actual good basketball analyst) made just that point and thought they could make a run in the NCAA's.

Half the people here have already bailed on the team. I'm calling final four right now!!!!
My man. I still believe. That's what we as fans should be doing, supporting the boys even when they are down and everyone seems against them. By the way, I get it. Dougie is down on us even though he did stick up for us recently. That's ok, and perfectly sensible. We are cold at the wrong time. Doesn't mean they can't get their confidence back up and go for a nice little 6 game run. The possibility exists and we as fans of this team would be pretty great fans by believing in them still, hoping it comes to fruition.

Let's Go!

As the first big upset. He is either a paid anti-Su shill or has a serious pathology about Beohiem/Syracuse.

image.jpg

We should all know there's a huge difference between league games and non-league. Things might be different, getting out of league.

In fact, when everyone jumped off the Syracuse ship in the last few weeks of last regular season, Jalen Rose(an actual good basketball analyst) made just that point and thought they could make a run in the NCAA's.
Its our 1st year in the ACC...the loss to BC was our second time playing them in 10 years. Its not like these ACC teams knew us

How about BC's coach who played against the zone every year at Cornell?

Its our 1st year in the ACC...the loss to BC was our second time playing them in 10 years. Its not like these ACC teams knew us

It's 2014. They had months of game tape and obviously knew us quite well.

Whoever we play in the NCAAs will also...but will it matter? What style of ball do they play? Who is their coach? Where did he coach previously?

It doesn't necessarily matter if they're better than BC. There's run and gun, undisciplined teams that are better than BC out there, who would stand little chance against us.

It's 2014. They had months of game tape and obviously knew us quite well.

Whoever we play in the NCAAs will also...but will it matter? What style of ball do they play? Who is their coach? Where did he coach previously?

It doesn't necessarily matter if they're better than BC. There's run and gun, undisciplined teams that are better than BC out there, who would stand little chance against us.
Very few undisciplined conference champions, which is likely who we would play.

Someone better than BC

Florida State is quite a bit better than BC and they didn't fare so well against us. In fact, if Florida State were to make the tourney they would a similar seed to the team we will be playing.

What crazy fans some of us are...wanting to know who our team is actually playing against before deciding if we think they will win or lose.

CousCuse said:
I thought protocol would be to wait until a team is seeded in the field, that's all. Then let the bashing begin.

Right. But many here have proclaimed us dead since the NC State game. I don't agree with them or Gottlieb.

Very few undisciplined conference champions, which is likely who we would play.

Those small leagues are a crap shoot. Sometimes/many times the most talented team(that's not necessarily a disciplined team) wins them and their talent can't compare to the big dogs.

Someone better than BC
Boston College had an ungodly OCC. They got beat down earlyfor the most part , gave up. They are a much better team than their record shows.

Florida State is quite a bit better than BC and they didn't fare so well against us.

What crazy fans some of us are...wanting to know who our team is actually playing against before deciding if we think they will win or lose.
We aren't speaking in absolute terms here. We have beaten teams infinitely better than BC. However, we have lost them as well, so it is much more realistic than the typical "crapshoot" NCAA loss, which comes out of nowhere. We have empirical proof unfortunately.