Class of 2019 - Grad QB Cole Snyder (PA) Portal from UBuffalo to EMU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Grad QB Cole Snyder (PA) Portal from UBuffalo to EMU

Guys do improve. I wouldn't write them off yet.

I was just reiterating what seems to be the board consensus, not necessarily my opinion. Although I lean that way.

I was just reiterating what seems to be the board consensus, not necessarily my opinion. Although I lean that way.
I don't know how many know this about Nunz and perhaps it doesn't make a difference if we are hiring a quarterback coach but here's some more info that perhaps you didn't know about him:

A Paramus Catholic graduate with strong ties across New Jersey, Campanile was an accomplished high school coach before joining the Scarlet Knights, with stints at national powerhouses Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco Prep.

He mentored seven all-state quarterbacks at Bergen Catholic, which averaged over 35 points per game and saw numerous prospects sign scholarship offers across the country during his tenure.

Before Bergen Catholic, he was the offensive coordinator at Don Bosco Prep from 2000-09, another one of the top football programs in the nation. The Ironmen won six state championships in his 10 seasons there, claiming the national title in 2009. In his time running the offense, Don Bosco recorded a 112-6 overall record.

He was a tight ends coach during the Babers era.

I know this is high school,but he does have some time as a QB mentor developing All - State QB's. Being one myself once you get to this level as long as you have decent speed, a good arm and FBIQ there's not a GREAT learning curve having been a walk on at SU.

Yeah CDRW has looked horrific. Guys improve but rarely when they look that bad initially
I thought his play as a Freshman showed Promise. IMO took a big step back this season. There is potential there but I hope his confidence is not shaken.

They do, but it’s ok to be objective and not live in a fantasy world as well.
I think I'm objective-I wouldn't want ether starting for us next year, but they each have talent (as evidenced by their immense HS offers) and maybe learn something from McCord.

I think I'm objective-I wouldn't want ether starting for us next year, but they each have talent (as evidenced by their immense HS offers) and maybe learn something from McCord.
Not saying you aren’t, I just think we’re at a place now where people can speak their minds and if it’s a critical but not overly negative opinion of something, they can at least not expect to get stoned on the board. That’s all.

Last edited:
A true freshman? Don’t know about that
Especially one we’ve never seen taken a snap before. Hopefully he is that guy because, and i’m hoping he is because that would secure our future for the next few years, but right now he’s nothing but a question mark.

I think they have physical tools that overwhelmed high school competition and the reason they slipped down the depth charts quickly at their original schools was because they don't have the non-measurables necessary to play the position at this level. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.

Who is the Cole Snyder Finneral has on the first page of this thread, 14?

This is more info on Cole the real Cole and more stats. I think we could discover a better transfer portal QB than Cole although QB's are at a premium and scarce.

Also you have McCord as your next QB that you're building your team around. I doubt he would see it as a positive for him if Fran went out and got a very good QB. You have to be careful here and I think Cole fits the #2 experienced QB role well.

I do not want to disparage Cole here but his numbers are what they are fair.

Hoof Prints: Transfer from Rutgers who started all 13 games in 2022, his first season with the Bulls... became just the third quarterback in program history to throw for 3,000 yards in a season... major is economics.

Junior (2022): Started all 13 games… finished 271-for-461 for 3,030 yards and 18 touchdowns on the year… third QB in program history to throw for 3,000 yards in a season... completed 58.7 percent of his passes… also rushed for 145 yards and four touchdowns… went 23-for-34 for a season-high 305 yards and three touchdowns and added a season-high 51 yards rushing against Holy Cross (9/10)… three for 264 yards and two touchdowns at Coastal Carolina (9/17)… threw for 297 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 35 yards and two more scores at Eastern Michigan (9/24)… threw for 188 yards and the game-winning touchdown with 31 seconds left and rushed for a touchdown in a win over Miami (OH) (10/1)… threw for 277 yards and three touchdowns at Massachusetts (10/15)… threw for 245 yards and added a score on the ground against Toledo (10/22)… threw for 238 yards and two touchdowns at Ohio (11/1)… threw for 264 yards and three touchdowns against Akron (12/2)... threw for 265 yards and a touchdown against Georgia Southern (12/27).

Previous School: Quarterback from the Southern Tier who transferred from Rutgers… played in six games in 2021 and was 18-for-28 for 130 yards and a touchdown… added 42 rushing yards… earned Academic All-Big Ten honors… graduated from Southwestern High School where helped lead the Trojans to a 9-1 record as a senior… threw for 2,069 yards and 37 touchdowns… named the Class C South Player of the Year… named first-team All-USA New York by USA Today… a finalist for the 2018 Connelly Cup… a two-time All-Western New York First Team honoree.

So right now, the qb room is McCord, Villari and CDRW and the true frosh unless I am missing someone. Villari plays so hard at tight end I have a concern as to whether or not he would be healthy if needed. I would be comfortable adding a capable veteran as a backup. Problem is finding a player who is ok being second string this year. Maybe a sophomore who can take over next year or a fifth-year guy who wants to step up in class and who realizes the backup is always a play away from being the starter. Look how great the Jets were after play number four this year.

So right now, the qb room is McCord, Villari and CDRW and the true frosh unless I am missing someone. Villari plays so hard at tight end I have a concern as to whether or not he would be healthy if needed. I would be comfortable adding a capable veteran as a backup. Problem is finding a player who is ok being second string this year. Maybe a sophomore who can take over next year or a fifth-year guy who wants to step up in class and who realizes the backup is always a play away from being the starter. Look how great the Jets were after play number four this year.

Kyle McCordQBSr.
Dan Villari ?TE/QBR-Jr.
Carlos Del Rio-WilsonQBR-Jr.
Braden DavisQBR-So.
Jakhari WilliamsQBFr.

I was hopeful when we got a guy from Florida he would at least be able to make basic throws.
I wonder if the reason Carlos Del Rio-Wilson
was available is because Florida was going to convert him to another position and he wanted to go somewhere where he had a chance to play QB. It seems now that he has no chance to do that here.

If so, perhaps his only way into the field is at a different position.

He has good size and speed, maybe he could be a receiver, running back or nickelback?

His biggest weakness as a QB makes him unplayable, but other positions don't have to throw the ball...

Kyle McCordQBSr.
Dan Villari ?TE/QBR-Jr.
Carlos Del Rio-WilsonQBR-Jr.
Braden DavisQBR-So.
Jakhari WilliamsQBFr.
Villari will not be the a qb under the new staff other than to throw a trick play occasionally.
Have the same concerns as others for CDRW and Davis but I wonder if this staff will try to play to their strengths not weaknesses. I remember in CDRW when he was forced into action in his first game he looked good rolling out and throwing on the run. However once he was deemed the starter it seemed like he was told to stay in the pocket and throw. Seemed to take away his comfort level and creativity. Saw the same from the player from Miss that transferred.
I could be wrong but it seemed like DB wanted his qbs to stay in the pocket to throw versus rolling out and throw on the run. He did have them run but it was designed runs and runs after the play broke down versus designed roll outs to throw.
Maybe the staff can get CDRW back to playing to his strengths. He was highly rated coming out of high school. I know that is not a clear guarantee of success but he did have potential.
We will know more after spring ball. No way Fran goes into the season without a quality backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom