Graham and KU | Syracusefan.com

Graham and KU

28 3's by both teams, gotta be close to D1 record?

Some people thought they a great team. I don't even want to pull up that thread.
I was just about to write I was wrong. The thing is, even when I thought they were great (and they will still win the B12 like they do every year) I still thought they would lose early in the tournament. Kansas do what Kansas do.

Arizona State has beaten Kansas State, Xavier, St. John’s, and Kansas all away from home.

They should be top 3 next week. I would vote them #1 over Michigan State who is 3 and lost to Duke on a neutral floor.
I like how the CFB committee doesn’t subscribe to theory of winning automatically raises you and losing drops not factoring in head to head and HFA.

Some people thought they a great team. I don't even want to pull up that thread.

If they aren't we're does that leave us? There wasn't a second after tip I thought we had a chance to even tie it let alone win.

If they aren't we're does that leave us? There wasn't a second after tip I thought we had a chance to even tie it let alone win.
It was a tied game most of the 1st half. Until the Chuk-dunk fubar. Went downhill after that, but their offense was mostly Graham hitting long 3s. Azubuike was a non-factor.

Well, with a team with 8 guys, 5 of them frosh, a soph and another guy that hasn't played in two years, that leaves us with a team that will do no worse then get better as the season goes on. It may or may not be noticeable to most of us. But think about this, think about the Syracuse team we all saw play against CCSU a D-2 that had us by 17 in the first half, just a few weeks ago. We are a lot better than that now.

No one knows how this season will finish but so far it appears we could exceed expectations with a better OOC record than expected and at least a .500 conference record. Not bad in a supposedly down year.

Well, with a team with 8 guys, 5 of them frosh, a soph and another guy that hasn't played in two years, that leaves us with a team that will do no worse then get better as the season goes on. It may or may not be noticeable to most of us. But think about this, think about the Syracuse team we all saw play against CCSU a D-2 that had us by 17 in the first half, just a few weeks ago. We are a lot better than that now.
Wow. CCSU seems like light years away. Definitely have progressed. Good comment.

I think people need to chill a bit on expectations of this particular group. The ceiling still feels very much like middle of the pack acc to me and there’s still a chance we’re closer to the bottom third of the league. If we continue to improve than maybe we recalibrate but for now it shouldn’t come as a shock that a good — even if they aren’t elite — KU team handled us for the most part.

I think people need to chill a bit on expectations of this particular group. The ceiling still feels very much like middle of the pack acc to me and there’s still a chance we’re closer to the bottom third of the league. If we continue to improve than maybe we recalibrate but for now it shouldn’t come as a shock that a good — even if they aren’t elite — KU team handled us for the most part.
What do you think the expectations have been? I have seen no one picking us for the top 1/3 of the conference.

Well if you read the Iggy awards thread it looks like we are beating most people’s expectations so far.

Does Kansas ever play on the road? And I don't mean Kansas City.

Are hype. Totally dominated today at the Phogg.
Yes, awful week for KU.
But they are a good team.
Bobby Hurley has turned the Sun Devils into a big time team.
Maybe best backcourt in the country.

"At the end of the day," said Kansas point guard Devonte' Graham, an All-American candidate, "their guards were just better than us."

Where does this put St. John’s ?they were 2 pts down with 4 or so to go a few days ago against asu.

KC is only technically neutral.

It is, but Poppy did point out 4 other locales that apply. Kansas doesn't really cheat things in the preseason as far as I remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom