Graham really breaking out | Syracusefan.com

Graham really breaking out

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
He can really be our 1st gamebreaker since Mike Williams. Glad we have him for another year. He has an excellent combination of strength and speed and I can't believe how much his hands have improved. Love not having to use Chew so for so many plays in a game

Provo has also taken his game to another level this year.

Amazing things happen when the QB has time to throw.

This team will have turned the corner if Nassib can still have time to throw against more physical defenses. In that respect the next 2 games will tell us something. Cards and Convicts aren't world beaters but they have hard-nosed defenses.

One thing he did was when he broke that play off down the sideline in the first quarter, he trucked some guy and took it an extra 8 yards or so. it was really impressive.

I agree with 'bluecurtain', as giddy as I am I remember we had serious trouble last year with the more physical defenses and offensive lines we faced at about this time in the season through to the end. Hopefully that will be solved this time around. I feel more optimistic that our offense can handle things than our defense, only because putting more bodies in the box exposes our secondary more to long plays. But again, Shafer usually can come up with something that can hold for a while if the offense can produce drives and points.

Graham has the strength to beat press coverage, that has been a huge difference maker. Chew has no chance of beating press coverage. Graham's hands have also been incredible and he has great YAC instincts.

The play that impressed me was one in the 3rd quarter during our drive to answer WVU's opening TD. There was a quick slant called that the CB jumped. Nassib and Graham both recognized it and adjusted, Nassib rolled out to the left, Graham headed to the sideline and caught the pass. That showed poise on both players' part and some chemistry to both make the same adjustment. The next play was the wide-open pass to Stevens for the answer TD and the rout was on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom