Grant needed more shots | Syracusefan.com

Grant needed more shots

It's not that hard. Get the ball to the guy scoring. Too many possessions where he didn't touch it

Don't get me started on the greatest humanitarian ever who played so dumb

Wait, you didn't like giving it to Fair to drive to his off-hand while not making a shot all night, and then proceeding to pick up a charge?

Huh.

Grant 5-7
CJ 3-16
Ennis 6-18
What's wrong with this picture?

It's not that hard. Get the ball to the guy scoring. Too many possessions where he didn't touch it

Don't get me started on the greatest humanitarian ever who played so dumb

I'll get you started. After getting blocked, he passed up a dunk attempt, for fear of getting blocked again, only to pass the ball to the other team.

Grant 5-7
CJ 3-16
Ennis 6-18
What's wrong with this picture?

It is a little misleading because Grant did go to the line often. But I do agree he should probably have had a bunch of CJ's touches.

the problem with grant is that you don't just give him traditional shot attempts. he is more of a garbage type player. having said that, cj laid an egg, there is no way around it.

the problem with grant is that you don't just give him traditional shot attempts. he is more of a garbage type player. having said that, cj laid an egg, there is no way around it.

Eh, every time we got it to him away from the rim he drew a foul or finished. He had a mid-range jumper or two. You keep feeding the hot-hand, especially when everyone else is ice cold - hell, I'd rather see him shooting threes than Cooney at this point. J/K - kinda.

I'll get you started. After getting blocked, he passed up a dunk attempt, for fear of getting blocked again, only to pass the ball to the other team.

I was in love with that play. Still not sure how he managed to get blocked either. It's like he was waiting for the block.

Also, please, just put your hands up once on defense - otherwise, just take the ball and pass it to the cutter yourself. It will make it soooooo much easier on the other team to score while you're in on defense. I assume that's what he's going for of late.

Eh, every time we got it to him away from the rim he drew a foul or finished. He had a mid-range jumper or two. You keep feeding the hot-hand, especially when everyone else is ice cold - hell, I'd rather see him shooting threes than Cooney at this point. J/K - kinda.
yeah it is true, as a coach you can lose a team if you play favorites. maybe this team is lost because of the boeheim status quo. its fine to bench guys that can play when you are winning, but when it flips, I mean this was supposed to be a developmental year anyway. maybe he could have done better, that's all.

Going forward...does anyone have a problem with Grant/Ennis/CJ taking every single shot? Because I don't.

CJ sucked tonight, but being sensible, he'll be fine. He's had a few bad games, but has played well overall and made a ton of big shots.

I was long a proponent of Christmas getting more touches, but when was the last time he made a shot that wasn't a dunk?

Cooney...no comment. I don't want to get banned.

Ennis, Grant, and CJ...take 15-20 shots each. Nobody else shoots, unless it's a wide open layup or dunk. Otherwise they get the Kenny Mayne "what are you doing shooting!!!?? Pass the ball!! Pass the ball!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom