Grasso taking a leave of absence from Bryant | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Grasso taking a leave of absence from Bryant

If they're consenting adults and she doesn't work for the athletic department in any capacity, I'm not sure what the problem is. You have professors and TAs doing the same thing.
They shouldn't be. It might not be illegal, but it may be a code of conduct violation and there is certainly a power dynamic at play.

Awful take. See EnviroSciGuy's post above. He is spot on.
It might be awful, but universities often look the other way. I remember a woman who worked at the Bursar's office giving me her number.

It might be awful, but universities often look the other way. I remember a woman who worked at the Bursar's office giving me her number.
Student? While you were a student? Without details, impossible to tell if it was anywhere close to the same alleged situation.

Syracuse fans should not throw stones at high-ranking employees of the university’s athletic department who get with coeds….

IMG_8638.jpeg

Get back to us when Grasso's story is released. I highly doubt a Bursar's Office employee is on the same level. I worked in the Bursar's Office during college. The office was full of pencil pushers who had to deal with Financial Aid issues all day long. I was shocked they gave me the responsibility they did as I was cutting student's checks with no one checking my work and as a student I was making more an hour than the entry level clerks working there. I could definitely see them giving out their numbers as their work life was extremely boring, monotonous and petty.

Get back to us when Grasso's story is released. I highly doubt a Bursar's Office employee is on the same level. I worked in the Bursar's Office during college. The office was full of pencil pushers who had to deal with Financial Aid issues all day long. I was shocked they gave me the responsibility they did as I was cutting student's checks with no one checking my work and as a student I was making more an hour than the entry level clerks working there. I could definitely see them giving out their numbers as their work life was extremely boring, monotonous and petty.
Is that not a position of power in the same vein of a professor messing with a student? Both can impact your life in different ways.

A student and a worker in the Bursars office have no superior role dynamic. A prof and a student does. And I think we should wait on the details with Grasso. I would not be surprised if refusing to take no for an answer is in play here.

Is that not a position of power in the same vein of a professor messing with a student? Both can impact your life in different ways.
No. Not close. Still should be frowned upon, however. But if you want, you can still report her.

Did you use that example? I was replying regarding some office worker looking for a date. That's far from someone being a professor.

Did you use that example? I was replying regarding some office worker looking for a date. That's far from someone being a professor.
I believe he is equating a office worker with a professor.

No. Not close. Still should be frowned upon, however. But if you want, you can still report her.
She's long since left the university. This was 15 years ago. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't a game I was willing to play despite her catching my eye.

A student and a worker in the Bursars office have no superior role dynamic. A prof and a student does. And I think we should wait on the details with Grasso. I would not be surprised if refusing to take no for an answer is in play here.

Your last sentence speaks to the point I was making a couple days ago. A simple consensual engagement is one thing. That's only an assumption by a poster or two here. Given his very aggressive and combative antics he has no issue flaunting in public, it's most likely a matter of doing something that wasn't agreed to by the other party or attempting to do so.

Some people have a tendency to get that way on blow

A buddy of mine in the business opined a rehab stint might have been the reason.
I think his office might have saw some similar stuff to Tony's in the Bada Bing

She's long since left the university. This was 15 years ago. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't a game I was willing to play despite her catching my eye.
Your anecdotal experience, once, 15 years ago, isn't really a good ethical foundation to run a university on - or any professional workplace for that matter.

And also, despite pushback from a few known posters, men in positions of power proposition women far more often with far more negative results.

Everybody bang who they want as long as it’s legal and consensual. The fact of the matter is people are going to do it anyway.

Student? While you were a student? Without details, impossible to tell if it was anywhere close to the same alleged situation.
One of the women on my floor in college moved out of the dorm to live with her English professor. It’s a story as old as higher education. We all saw Animal House.
Heck, my senior year of HS, a classmate dated a gym teacher. That was 1979. They are still married.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom