great coach k article about being 70 and embracing 1 and done | Syracusefan.com

great coach k article about being 70 and embracing 1 and done

OrangeFoo

All American
Duke Is in Full One-and-Done Mode … and Its Plan After Coach K Is Now Unclear

Basically it sounds like Coach K realizes he's in his final years of coaching and wants to maximize them by going after 1 and dones. I find myself wondering, even if JB wanted to go all in on one and dones, whether SU would even be able to do that. The reality is that for all the complaints about JB's short bench and little patience with non-star players I think Coach K has even a shorter bench and even less patience. It's bizarre to me that kids who can start at 99% of programs in America go to Duke to sit on the bench and transfer a year later. Makes me wonder how Duke is landing all these kids.

Did the article mentioning about sweetening the offer with a bag cash aka the UK way.

I like the mention of how Coach Boeheim would like nothing more than to stay on after Coach K retires and surpass him in the all time wins category. And how coach K is never ever going to let that happen! I also like how the author stated matter-of-factly that Boeheim has more than 1000 wins.

dook is greatly aided in its pursuit of OADs through its consortium with NC Central, the HBCU across town. It's no secret that a lot of their athletes max out on their number of transferable credits from NCCU to be used at dook. There have been a number of postings on boards/articles/etc., that have said flat out that more AA athletes from dook hang out at NCCU than they do on the dook campus. It will be interesting to see after the Raleigh News & Observer hangs the UNC-CHeat trophy head on their wall if it decides to move on to an expose about dook and NCCU because Central is a state school and they would have to release numbers on how many dook students take their classes and probably which ones under NC freedom of information/open government statutes. They used those statutes to get all the e-mails from UNC-CHeat. I really don't think the academics at dook will allow the next coach to use OAD. It's one thing for a guy to decide to leave and something totally different for him to come to a school with the announced purpose of leaving after 1 year. The VLF (vicious little ferret for the non-cognoscenti) will be the first and only one allowed to do this.

I didn't realize the high water mark for oldest high-major Division 1 coaches was 74, with John Chaney and Lute Olsen. (Rollie is still coaching at 82 but he's at an NAIA program and Calhoun may get back in the game at 75 at a D3 school.) I guess you can throw Larry Brown in there too. I believe he was 74 when he abandoned ship last year at SMU. If JB wants to coach Buddy all 4 years, he'll be 77 if he retires after Buddy graduates, and it sounds like he'll be the oldest Division 1 coach of all time in just a couple of years.

dook is greatly aided in its pursuit of OADs through its consortium with NC Central, the HBCU across town. It's no secret that a lot of their athletes max out on their number of transferable credits from NCCU to be used at dook. There have been a number of postings on boards/articles/etc., that have said flat out that more AA athletes from dook hang out at NCCU than they do on the dook campus. It will be interesting to see after the Raleigh News & Observer hangs the UNC-CHeat trophy head on their wall if it decides to move on to an expose about dook and NCCU because Central is a state school and they would have to release numbers on how many dook students take their classes and probably which ones under NC freedom of information/open government statutes. They used those statutes to get all the e-mails from UNC-CHeat. I really don't think the academics at dook will allow the next coach to use OAD. It's one thing for a guy to decide to leave and something totally different for him to come to a school with the announced purpose of leaving after 1 year. The VLF (vicious little ferret for the non-cognoscenti) will be the first and only one allowed to do this.
I've posted previously that UNC-Cheat does the same thing, enrolled athletes taking CC credits.

I've posted previously that UNC-Cheat does the same thing, enrolled athletes taking CC credits.

Oh, you posted it? Well then I guess it must be true!

Hoos That's claim that Duke athletes get credits from NC Central is untrue, and I know that with 100% certainty.

I also think the claims on this board that Duke pays to get recruits is BS, but that can't say with the same certainty. I just think that at this point in his career, Coach K has much more to lose by cheating than he does by losing. He's all about legacy at this point.

he's chasing W's. watch for the scheduling to drop off. won't leave carolina til february.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom