Great evening until I got arrested ... | Syracusefan.com

Great evening until I got arrested ...

cto

Administrator
The Hardwood Club dinner was great ...as Tomcat, bees and Cherie and others have reported. We had Baye and silent G at our table and they were wonderful.

Then I left the On Center and turned right onto Harrison St...which I thought was a two-way street (as it is on the other side of I-81). It isn't. And a cop pulled me over. It was not pleasant. I had a CT license and a rental car. Twenty minutes later he let me go. After writing out a hand written ticket that is illegible.

Whatever. It was still a great night.

Last edited:
cto said:
The Hardwood Club dinner was great ...as bees and Cherie and others have reported. We had Baye and silent G at our table and they were wonderful. Then I left the On Center and turned right onto Harrison St...which I thought was a two-way street . It wasn't. And cop pulled me over. It was not pleasant I had a CT license and a rental car. Twenty minutes later he let me go. After writing out a hand written ticket that is illegible. Whatever. It was still a great night.

Sigh.

As I told you at the Sheraton bar since the following were unavailable: F Lee Bailey. Johnnie Cochran, Clarence Darrow, Perry Mason, Jackie Chiles, Arnold Becker and Robert Kardashian, you were cited, not arrested.

Toga said:
Officer: This is a one way street. CTO: But officer I was only going one way. Try the veal.

Which begat the big question if she had to walk "the orange mile," who would be your one phone call?

Her answer after the break.

The Hardwood Club dinner was great ...as bees and Cherie and others have reported. We had Baye and silent G at our table and they were wonderful.

Then I left the On Center and turned right onto Harrison St...which I thought was a two-way street . It wasn't. And cop pulled me over. It was not pleasant I had a CT license and a rental car. Twenty minutes later he let me go. After writing out a hand written ticket that is illegible.

Glad to hear everything's ok and nobody got hurt and you're not in jail.
Can they conveniently schedule the court hearing around a basketball weekend next season?
And how exactly does a cop pull over a wrong-way driver... do they themselves have to go the wrong way?

The Hardwood Club dinner was great ...as bees and Cherie and others have reported. We had Baye and silent G at our table and they were wonderful.

Then I left the On Center and turned right onto Harrison St...which I thought was a two-way street . It wasn't. And cop pulled me over. It was not pleasant I had a CT license and a rental car. Twenty minutes later he let me go. After writing out a hand written ticket that is illegible.

Glad it turned out okay and you're back to the hotel safe. Wonderful time last night otherwise.

Sigh.

you were cited, not arrested.

Before I clicked open this thread, I thought, "This has to be another CTO 'teaser'", after the initial spike of intrigue. After beginning to read I was like, "Wow, maybe I was wro... nope". lol

Clearly he did not know who you were, or else he would have cited every other driver on the street instead of you. "If CTO is driving this direction, then it must be the correct way!"

How much do you want to bet that if it were anyone else on the board we'd be doing roadside sobriety tests and/or blowing in the breathalyzer? ;)

Thank goodness you weren't really arrested. That said, I would pay through the damn nose for the first mug shot featuring a Chardonnay toast.

Clearly he did not know who you were, or else he would have cited every other driver on the street instead of you. "If CTO is driving this direction, then it must be the correct way!"

Another reference that feels like a Chuck Norris joke homage. Love it.

When CTO drives the wrong way on a one way street, the signs turn themselves.

I was waiting for your report; too bad it had some bad news also, but at least you didn't smack into anyone on Harrison. Meanwhile, I applaud you for getting Baye at your table--that must have been wonderful, especially given his award.

Sigh.

As I told you at the Sheraton bar since the following were unavailable: F Lee Bailey. Johnnie Cochran, Clarence Darrow, Perry Mason, Jackie Chiles, Arnold Becker and Robert Kardashian, you were cited, not arrested.

If the SU foam finger doesn't fit…. you must acquit.

foam-finger-syracuse-university-combo.jpg

Wow. You're lucky. I thought we might need to recruit volunteers to drive Miss Daisy.

The Hardwood Club dinner was great ...as Tomcat, bees and Cherie and others have reported. We had Baye and silent G at our table and they were wonderful.

Then I left the On Center and turned right onto Harrison St...which I thought was a two-way street (as it is on the other side of I-81). It isn't. And a cop pulled me over. It was not pleasant. I had a CT license and a rental car. Twenty minutes later he let me go. After writing out a hand written ticket that is illegible.

For a second, considering the tone, I thought it was your niece posting.