Great game last night | Syracusefan.com

Great game last night

sherrillcuse

Past IGGY Winner
i was pleasantly surprised by our performance last night. We played very well on D. I wish we’d get out a little quicker to defend the 3 But was happy. Our O played well spread the scoring out with 4 guys in double figures. Almost had 2 guys with double doubles. Moyer was vry active out there. Brissett is starting to put it all together, better enjoy him while he’s here. Hope we can keep him for at least 1 more year.

Great to start ACC play 1-0. Have a tough road game at Wake on Wednesday. Pleasantly surprised by our teams start this year. Hope we continue to gel and finish top 5 or 6 in ACC play

LGO!

i was pleasantly surprised by our performance last night. We played very well on D. I wish we’d get out a little quicker to defend the 3 But was happy. Our O played well spread the scoring out with 4 guys in double figures. Almost had 2 guys with double doubles. Moyer was vry active out there. Brissett is starting to put it all together, better enjoy him while he’s here. Hope we can keep him for at least 1 more year.

Great to start ACC play 1-0. Have a tough road game at Wake on Wednesday. Pleasantly surprised by our teams start this year. Hope we continue to gel and finish top 5 or 6 in ACC play

LGO!
I think it was deceptive. They did take 30 3's, but not many of them were uncontested (as we had seen earlier in the season). And the hit their average number of made 3's (10 ~ 9.4).

Which was strange, as I read here before the game that the zone was going to get torched last night by VT's scary 3 point shooting. ;)

In the past, VT usually kills us with the short corner passes and the high/low pass. They got none of this last night. Our length is really noticeable and you can see players are getting the ball inside and don’t even look at the basket. Our bigs have put the “pink elephant” in everyone’s mind. If you told me this team would be 12-2 after watching their two exhibition games, I would say you were crazy. The coaching staff and players have done a great job. Wednesday is another big game. I think Wake Forest will be tougher than the ND game on Saturday. Road wins are like gold and it would be nice to get an early road win in the ACC.

I am going to say this right now. This is the new reformulated post Hop Orange and they are more solid and look better than that previous iteration.

Agree it was great game last night but was a bit puzzled about how poorly we handled the press at the end. I am only a fan and not well grounded in how to break a press but it appeared Syracuse was cracking a bit under pressure at the end of the game. Fairly sure other teams will see this and we will face this pressure again and again if we can not handle it.

Agree it was great game last night but was a bit puzzled about how poorly we handled the press at the end. I am only a fan and not well grounded in how to break a press but it appeared Syracuse was cracking a bit under pressure at the end of the game. Fairly sure other teams will see this and we will face this pressure again and again if we can not handle it.

We need to pass through it. Tyus and Frank let themselves get double teamed and even worst Battle tried to dribble through it.

Well, Brissett is probably our only player who has an average or better handle for the position he plays. Frank brings a lot, but his handle is below average for a PG. Battle always dribbles to the right. Marek can be useful against a press because his decision making is well above average, but I haven’t seen much on his handle to opine on that. God help us if Chukwu gets the ball against the press.

I am going to say this right now. This is the new reformulated post Hop Orange and they are more solid and look better than that previous iteration.
Is it the perfect storm. Hop is happy and doing well. JAB is happy and doing well.

Nothing against Hop, just glad that coach in waiting crap is over. There can only be 1 king ( or queen) at a time.

Oh. Didn’t know what you meant, but yeah. That situation getting resolved was probably good for everybody involved.

Brissett is starting to put it all together, better enjoy him while he’s here. Hope we can keep him for at least 1 more year.
I’m a bit surprised some think he’s already gone. He’s a great at rebounding and has a knack for drawing fouls but he’s not finishing well and his outside shot doesn’t stretch the defense.

I’m a bit surprised some think he’s already gone. He’s a great at rebounding and has a knack for drawing fouls but he’s not finishing well and his outside shot doesn’t stretch the defense.
Potential

I think because of the score we weren’t focused.

Nothing against Hop, just glad that coach in waiting crap is over. There can only be 1 king ( or queen) at a time.
Glad we still have JB and that Hop gets his shot to run his own program.
JB has a chance to close his HOF career by coaching his son to a NC., and if Hop becomes a star, maybe he comes back and takes over. Or one of the assistants gets the call.
Either way we have stability for a few more years, and right now, everyone’s on the same page. That’s priceless.

PC is very underrated in the zone. He is the best 5 we have had in a long time in terms of being able to check the high post and if needed get out to the corner to contest that 3 (on occasion). Marek is also very adept at covering the space you need to play the 5 in our D. The length of those 2 kids makes a difference.

PC is very underrated in the zone. He is the best 5 we have had in a long time in terms of being able to check the high post and if needed get out to the corner to contest that 3 (on occasion). Marek is also very adept at covering the space you need to play the 5 in our D. The length of those 2 kids makes a difference.

2-3 years? Think Rak was far better than PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom