Great Gottlieb article | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Great Gottlieb article

Dumb even for you. And the bar for your posts isn't very high.
I hope you never have an experience in life that you wonder if you can ever forgive yourself.

You are the one who has the low bar of being able to be human enough to understand that people are not perfect. I genuinely feel sorry for those in your life who do not meet your narrow expectations.

You love Doug Gottleib? Fascinating.

I don't rate my analysts by the level of Syracuse love or hate. I mean that's foolish. Once upon a time I was a BC fan (grew up in Boston) and see this a bit more objectively. I hated Boeheim growing up b/c he won and he seemed to complain all the time. It's grating for outsiders to see. I became a Syracuse fan and appreciated Jim for what he does for program more rationally now.

I think Doug does a good job with college hoops. If that is an opinion worth Syracusefan banishment ok then. The fact he stole a credit card in college is nothing to laugh at or applaud.

All i'm saying is I made similar mistakes in highschool and in college I wish I could take back. I can't live in a glass house.

I hope you never have an experience in life that you wonder if you can ever forgive yourself.

You are the one who has the low bar of being able to be human enough to understand that people are not perfect. I genuinely feel sorry for those in your life who do not meet your narrow expectations.
Gosh, I wish you knew how moronic your post was.

I don't rate my analysts by the level of Syracuse love or hate. I mean that's foolish. Once upon a time I was a BC fan (grew up in Boston) and see this a bit more objectively. I hated Boeheim growing up b/c he won and he seemed to complain all the time. It's grating for outsiders to see. I became a Syracuse fan and appreciated Jim for what he does for program more rationally now.

I think Doug does a good job with college hoops. If that is an opinion worth Syracusefan banishment ok then. The fact he stole a credit card in college is nothing to laugh at or applaud.

All i'm saying is I made similar mistakes in high school and in college I wish I could take back. I can't live in a glass house.
Doug is very knowledgeable about college basketball. However, he lets his personal feelings interfere with his takes. And that is not the sign of a guy good at his job. His take that we shouldn't have made the tournament because we lost to St John's was dumb. And he isn't dumb. His take that JB isn't a great coach because his players haven't done well in the NBA is dumb. And he isn't dumb. As for what he did in college, being a thief is way down the list on being a scum bag. He wasn't stealing to get food to eat.

All i'm saying is I made similar mistakes in highschool and in college I wish I could take back. I can't live in a glass house.

Oh I could care less what he did when he was in college or whatever. I just find him to be totally inconsequential currently.

I would love for him to come back to ESPN radio and take Stephen A's spot today. He was and is very good at actually talking about college hoops, because he's one of the very few who actually watches the games. I'm so tired of listening to NFL all day every day. Doug was always much better at bringing in topics that actually interested me. Yeah, he pissed me off once in a while, but being challenged once in a while is good for me.

Dasher, who peed in your cornflakes this morning? Dougie is kind of a douche, but I'm not going to crucify him for a poor choice he made 20 years ago. It's not like he murdered someone. He stole a credit card, got caught, and paid a price for it. It's not an irredeemable thing, in my opinion. And it's also not worth denigrating others on here who happen to disagree with your take.

I would love for him to come back to ESPN radio and take Stephen A's spot today. He was and is very good at actually talking about college hoops, because he's one of the very few who actually watches the games. I'm so tired of listening to NFL all day every day. Doug was always much better at bringing in topics that actually interested me. Yeah, he pissed me off once in a while, but being challenged once in a while is good for me.
There aren't many people that I wouldn't want to see replace Smith.

Dasher, who peed in your cornflakes this morning? Dougie is kind of a douche, but I'm not going to crucify him for a poor choice he made 20 years ago. It's not like he murdered someone. He stole a credit card, got caught, and paid a price for it. It's not an irredeemable thing, in my opinion. And it's also not worth denigrating others on here who happen to disagree with your take.
Maybe you haven't read the thread. People have attacked me first. Not the other way around. Take a look back.

Can't stand him. Not everyone makes the mistake of being a thief. And then spends the rest of their life being a jerk.

lol You don't have to be perfect to realize that being a thief is low. You must set a low bar for yourself. You must be insecure to praise a thief. The insecurity is all on Dougies part. He wanted to go to Syracuse and Syracuse didn't want him. Thank God.

Maybe you haven't read the thread. People have attacked me first. Not the other way around. Take a look back.

Seems like there was a bit of push back and then you went full scorched earth.

let's review, I wrote my opinion. elimuneelson wrote that I must be insecure. HOF Celuck said that I was condemning a man for life. I didn't mention Celuck in my post. And realorange than chipped in with he feels sorry for the people in my life who don't meet my narrow expectations. I guess expecting people to not steal is unreasonable on my part. once again, I didn't write to realorange first. hey, they can feel free to take a shot at me. I don't care. But they will be responded to.

I read the thread and didn't see much that amounted to attacks against you. I did see you calling people's posts "dumb" and "moronic," however.
Well, we disagree. being told that I must be insecure because I have a different opinion of Doug Gottlieb, being told that they feels sorry for the people in my life because I set expectations? I don't put up with that. And I won't. I didn't get personal first. And I won't. But I will respond.

Let's clear up two thing:

1) The insults hurled at Doug for stealing credit cards are mostly just the easiest way to get under his skin when he provides poor basketball analysis. He provides poor analysis almost every time he speaks about basketball, so the opportunities are aplenty. While grounded in the fact that you have to be a special level of scumbag to steal, it's often not the morality of it that triggers the insults. People aren't calling him out for stealing a million years ago because they're mad at him for stealing. They call him out for it because he sucks at his job but he's arrogant about the fact that he knows what he's talking about, so attacking his character is just more convenient and easier. Forgiveness for the action has nothing to do with it. It's supposed to be a source of shame for a generally shameless person who acts like a jerk. If he was an agreeable person, a lot fewer people would bring it up.

2) He's not just hated by Syracuse fans because he doesn't say nice things about us. He is not a widely respected analyst, for good reason. The idea that any Syracuse fan who dislikes him feels that way only because he's not nice to us, is dumb.

3) He holds an undeniable bias against Syracuse. It's his job to provide fair, unbiased analysis and he doesn't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we disagree. being told that I must be insecure because i have a different opinion of Doug Gottlieb, being told that they feels sorry for the people in my life because I set expectations? I don't put up with that. And I won't.

Did you read the article?

Let's clear up two thing:

1) The insults hurled at Doug for stealing credit cards are mostly just the easiest way to get under his skin when he provides poor basketball analysis. He provides poor analysis almost every time he speaks about basketball, so the opportunities are aplenty. While grounded in the fact that you have to be a special level of scumbag to steal, it's often not the morality of it that triggers the insults. People aren't calling him out for stealing a million years ago because they're mad at him for stealing. They call him out for it because he sucks at his job but he's arrogant about the fact that he knows what he's talking about, so attacking his character is just more convenient and easier. Forgiveness for the action has nothing to do with it. It's supposed to be a source of shame for a generally shameless person who acts like a jerk. If he was an agreeable person. a lot fewer people would bring it up.

2) He's not just hated by Syracuse fans because he doesn't say nice things about us. He is not a widely respected analyst, for good reason. The idea that any Syracuse fan who dislikes him feels that way only because he's not nice to us, is dumb.

3) He holds an undeniable bias against Syracuse. It's his job to provide fair, unbiased analysis and he doesn't do that.

What makes you believe 3 is close to being true? Why does he need to provide fair unbiased analysis? During games, probably. During his radio show, no that's not true at all. He's paid to have opinions, not be an analyst.

No. Didn't care to hear about how he has grown. I would read an article about his victims. Do we have one of those handy?

Then these are especially H0T Takes. Take a couple minutes and read it. His 'victims' were compensated at 2.5 times what he stole.

What makes you believe 3 is close to being true? Why does he need to provide fair unbiased analysis? During games, probably. During his radio show, no that's not true at all. He's paid to have opinions, not be an analyst.
Fair. But he doesn't admit his bias. He passes his opinion off as fair and unbiased.

Then these are especially H0T Takes. Take a couple minutes and read it. His 'victims' were compensated at 2.5 times what he stole.
Why did you put quotation marks around his victims? That they were victims of his stealing wasn't in dispute. And the amount they were compensated may or may not have been fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom