Great Gottlieb article | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Great Gottlieb article

I don't listen to his radio show. Why would anybody?

I'm speaking of the times he comes on tv around/during NCAAT time. In those instances, he is being presented as a basketball analyst and it's the expectation that he would attempt to provide unbiased evaluations. You know, like a professional. He repeatedly does not do that, then he acts like a jacka$$ when called out on it, then he cries when people insult him for acting that way. Vicious cycle.

I have seen him numerous times and for the majority of those, he's been very much a professional. I tend to agree with many of his takes on SU hoops, so I guess I don't see them as being a JA.

Oh wow

Attachments

• F27EE0FB-B1C7-4A01-A046-AAEDB5E14D14.gif
    F27EE0FB-B1C7-4A01-A046-AAEDB5E14D14.gif
    687.8 KB · Views: 29
Dasher has been quite angry the last 24 hours L0L.
I keep hearing that. I haven't been. I was thrilled we won yesterday. Here, let me try this. I like it when the flowers bloom in the spring. I like puppies. I love to read mysteries. I like pretty girls. Does that make people feel better? Oh, and I like flopping sets.

I keep hearing that. I haven't been. I was thrilled we won yesterday. Here, let me try this. I like it when the flowers bloom in the spring. I like puppies. I love to read mysteries. I like pretty girls. Does that make people feel better? Oh, and I like flopping sets.

giphy.gif

In before Trueblue25 and this thread is locked. ;)

I have seen him numerous times and for the majority of those, he's been very much a professional. I tend to agree with many of his takes on SU hoops, so I guess I don't see them as being a JA.

Then we see two different things. Fair enough.

Very good article. Gottlieb is a pain and he enjoys being one for sure. I do think if you get past all that he's not a bad guy. But yes, 100% he likes being a pain in the butt.

I was always pretty neutral on Gottlieb and indeed, agreed that some SU fans were overly sensitive about him and his shtick.
However, that changed for me during that unexpected Final4 run, where he willingly showed his biases with every victory we piled up.
It was like he couldn’t bring himself to admit that maybe, just maybe, we were better than he gave us credit for. Not asking that he should’ve changed his opinion on whether we should’ve got in that year, but for Pete’s sake, at least acknowledge the team was better than you thought.
There’s a clip of a segment where i believe Greg Anthony, and everyone on set literally laughs at & calls him out for his anti-SU bias, and his total unwillingness to admit he COULD, maybe, just maybe...have been wrong. That sealed it for me.
He’s an arrogant, unremitting ahole, who trolls fanbases under the guise of pseudo professional journalism. The fact that he’s a convicted thief is irrelevant at this point, but unsurprising in that it exposes his overall hypocrisy. Its serves as just another window into his character. JMHO

Last edited:
Regardless of this article and what he did in college, his comments on Adrian Beltre in the last couple of years told me all I need to know about the man. One could say he's just playing the role of sports radio hack with low character but add in the credit card story and I think we have a good idea what kind of person he is.

I don't believe that he is sorry about anything but his getting caught and now having to answer to his son. He qualified his victims, they weren't teammates or poor students. Does that make it ok to steal from them? He stole at least 8 times, that's not a single mistake it's multiple conscious acts. He stole from fellow students, 3 who loaned him their computers as a favor. He admits cheating multiple times. He kept the most valuable item as a 'reminder', and admits to wearing it one time. Why not keep the gym bag instead? We all do stupid and or not nice things in our lives but stealing credit cards and student's books(which is also a huge inconvenience for the victim) are above and beyond stupid. Other people go to jail for the same repeated 'mistakes'. A stupid mistake is usually a one time event not a trend. Not once does he say he is now sorry for the people he stole from he only says that he's paid for his 'mistakes'. I always thought that the credit card theft was an isolated event and that he is just a blowhard trolling hack. Now I like him even less after reading his story.

Dasher has been quite angry the last 24 hours L0L.
Leave dashy alone, he’s just sticking up for the ‘victims’ here.

You know visa and mastercard, those gazillion dollar a year companies that were out a combined $900, 20 years ago.

Likely just for a month or 2 as I’m sure Gottlieb had to pay them as part of his ‘rehabilitation’.

Leave dashy alone, he’s just sticking up for the ‘victims’ here.

You know visa and mastercard, those gazillion dollar a year companies that were out a combined $900, 20 years ago.

Likely just for a month or 2 as I’m sure Gottlieb had to pay them as part of his ‘rehabilitation’.
I'll leave it to you to stand up for Dougie.

I'll leave it to you to stand up for Dougie.
Well, he is a good basketball analyst., whose opinion I do like to hear.

He also knows how to move the needle, some intentionally, others not...like this.

That said, theres a lot more compelling stories out there right now that I’m more interested in for sure.

Well, he is a good basketball analyst., whose opinion I do like to hear.

He also knows how to move the needle, some intentionally, others not...like this.

That said, theres a lot more compelling stories out there right now that I’m more interested in for sure.

First time I've ever given a like to a Kaiser post. I feel dirty.:oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom