Great, great win | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Great, great win

McDonald is a liability, imo. He’s struggles when out in space against P4 athletes, and he’s missed several key tackles in 1v1 (Georgia Tech qb most egregiously but another big one against UNLV rb). He seems to get to the right spaces. Had hoped that Heard or ZMG would show a little more with Wax out

Oh damn….my bad, universe
He will talk about it but does not use his condition for sympathy. He reminds me of a friendlier version of Bobby Knight, knows his stuff but will never be polished.

Bottom line is that I don't know, but... Even though SU's 6 games in, I believe Coach Brown might be experimenting, so to speak. I think there have been some collective gasps as a result of some cause and effect situations that were far less than productive, to be kind. He's closer to understanding and mastering the chemistry that is the SU football team, than he was, say... 9 months ago. I've (experimentally) skated on CNY ponds in late fall or early winter and didn't always go home dry... This Coach Fran Brown is winning football games in his first year out, and he's not going home cold and wet - and I'm good with that. It's pretty good; getting to look ahead the way we're looking ahead right now. Positive attitudes and healthy trains of thought... okay by me. Cheers!
I had the same thought. He’s a little over the top on the sideline for my taste, but as people have said it sure beats Dino’s stoic passive demeanor.

I actually have a bigger issue with his celebrations than his angry outbursts.

And we still haven't put together a complete game. Hopefully we are ramping up instead of the closing down that we have endured the last few seasons.

Yeah this was a game where we were headed to a 31-7 or even 38-7 win where we just put them to sleep late and instead poor execution and some bad habits re emerged to make it a dramatic finish. It’s all there to be that team just have to put it all together.

Yeah this was a game where we were headed to a 31-7 or even 38-7 win where we just put them to sleep late and instead poor execution and some bad habits re emerged to make it a dramatic finish. It’s all there to be that team just have to put it all together.
HCFB addressed this in the post game interview with the crew. He is changing the culture, but it takes time.

HCFB addressed this in the post game interview with the crew. He is changing the culture, but it takes time.

Yep- he will get it there. The bigger thing is that you can see it’s there it’s just going to take time. This was never there under Dino. Even with the Dungey year we were relying on him and got fortunate at times vs seeming like the better program.

Lots of things to critique, and I know people will, but this was an excellent road win for the Orange.

Be positive here.
I feIt the way I feeI when we Iose. My sense was NC State beat themseIves despite an over-the-top game from McCord. In fairness, injuries have hurt us. The defense was a sieve.

I feIt the way I feeI when we Iose. My sense was NC State beat themseIves despite an over-the-top game from McCord. In fairness, injuries have hurt us. The defense was a sieve.

Nit states defense was a sieve….but we didn’t beat ourselves at all?

I did the same thing a couple years ago on this board and felt terrible once I was informed of his health issues. Now that I understand I really appreciate and enjoy Coach Richt’s insight and presence.
Richt also seems to be a fan of Fran and McCord and is always very complimentary of them and our team. He’s been our biggest supporter on the ACC network this year going all the way back to media day.

Because of that I may be biased, but I appreciate his input and enjoy having him as part of the crew. I certainly prefer him over EJ Manuel and Eddie Royal, they never have a good thing to say about us. Especially Eddie Royal, he sucks.

Richt also seems to be a fan of Fran and McCord and is always very complimentary of them and our team. He’s been our biggest supporter on the ACC network this year going all the way back to media day.

Because of that I may be biased, but I appreciate his input and enjoy having him as part of the crew. I certainly prefer him over EJ Manuel and Eddie Royal, they never have a good thing to say about us. Especially Eddie Royal, he sucks.
I think they all have been pretty complimentary

I had the same thought. He’s a little over the top on the sideline for my taste, but as people have said it sure beats Dino’s stoic passive demeanor.

I actually have a bigger issue with his celebrations than his angry outbursts.
I’m going to go on a limb here and say those celebrations and how he interacts with the players is why he’s such a good recruiter. Look at every interview when McCord talks about Fran. He’s different and gets it.

I think they all have been pretty complimentary
Sure, all have said some nice things following our wins, but for some of them, it come off as forced and reluctant. Like it pains them to say it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom