greensboro | Syracusefan.com

greensboro

Severe storms in NC at the moment. Probably had something to do with it. Two people killed already this evening (one in Chapel Hill and one in Durham) by falling trees.

Yeah, because NYC never has anything catastrophic happen there.. I'm all aboard the train to NYC but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

The lights went out twice last week during the women's tourney and now today. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest there is a bigger problem than just the weather outside. Its not the first time an arena has had to hold up in bad weather.

With half the league looking to move the tourney to NYC, this isn't the brightest moment for the triangle mafia.

The lights went out twice last week during the women's tourney and now today. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest there is a bigger problem than just the weather outside. Its not the first time an arena has had to hold up in bad weather.

With half the league looking to move the tourney to NYC, this isn't the brightest moment for the triangle mafia.

The ice storm last week really hit the local infrastructure hard. Weather today isn't helping, wind is nasty. If the limb you are going out on is down here, it would snap tonight.

Lining up for double ot. BC and GT. Come on BC!!!

ACC tourney is unwatchable. Empty seats, blackouts, no juice.

What a downer after the old Big East tourney.

Give it more than the first three games on day one before you draw such radical conclusions. It may take more than Miami/VT, Wake/ND, and BC/GT to generate "juice." There is a lot of history you are comparing today against, today was never going to match "the old Big East tourney."

Yeah, because NYC never has anything catastrophic happen there.. I'm all aboard the train to NYC but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Yeah because blackouts happen in Manhattan all the time...

Didn't a building just blow up in Manhattan today? Gimme a storm generated blackout over that.

All Cuse fans want their conference tourney to be in MSG not only because we are NY's college team, but also a lot of fans can get to NY easier. It is what it is. We are new to this league and have no choice but to follow what they've been doing for years. Maybe over time, the former BE teams can have some influence to change that, but for now...let's go Orange!!!

the blackouts are a joke, but there were plenty of empty seats at MSG during the 1st day of the tourney

Severe storms in NC at the moment. Probably had something to do with it. Two people killed already this evening (one in Chapel Hill and one in Durham) by falling trees.
YOW! I have to write all my people immediately!

“@JohnBalduzzi: Comparing ACC tourney to Big East. One thing obvious: MSG a packed house, even for crap games. Nobody at late ACC games. @BrentAxeMedia”

“@JohnBalduzzi: Comparing ACC tourney to Big East. One thing obvious: MSG a packed house, even for crap games. Nobody at late ACC games. @BrentAxeMedia”
That's not true. Those Tuesday afternoon games with USF v Providence would have no one either. Crappy teams attract poor crowds.

As the poor soul who was the acting vice president for public affairs at Con Edison during the infamous 1977 blackout, I can attest...... Yes, this crap does happen in NYC

wallacecuse said:
That's not true. Those Tuesday afternoon games with USF v Providence would have no one either. Crappy teams attract poor crowds.

The ACC tourney isn't working for me. Sorry.

Still in a state of mourning.

The ACC tourney isn't working for me. Sorry.

Still in a state of mourning.
I hear ya...Greensboro. Can we at least get Charlotte? You'd expect the SoCon tourney to be in Greensboro.

As some others have mentioned, we're the new kids on the block, so for now we'll just sit tight and enjoy not having to be in that train wreck known as the Big East. Besides, given some time, the ACC will see the dollar signs and the chance to encroach on the big east or aac or whatever and at minimum start rotating with NYC in the mix.

And if they are too stubborn, for once ESPN's greed will help our cause as I'm sure they will strong arm the league (actually, just north carolina teams) into making the tourney in nyc.

wallacecuse said:

I'd rather wander around MSG than any where in NC. When craptastic teams play - you turn to the surrounding area. No contest.