greensboro | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

greensboro

You all really don't expect the ACC to all of a sudden change their tourney location to MSG after years in NC? That's not going to happen for awhile. NC has their sponsors also and there is a ton of money involved. When they figure out (and they will) that they can make much more moola in NYC, it will happen. But it's not going to happen right after SU, Pitt, and ND join the league, that's for sure. That would be a slap in the face to them and we are in this league now, and as new comers we gotta go with the flow. But, on the positive side, Georgetown STILL sucks !!

ACC tourney is unwatchable. Empty seats, blackouts, no juice.

What a downer after the old Big East tourney.

I have been to MSG plenty of times at noon or mid-day games in the past on a Tues watching an empty arena play host to a South Florida-Depaul style matchup.

As the poor soul who was the acting vice president for public affairs at Con Edison during the infamous 1977 blackout, I can attest... Yes, this crap does happen in NYC
As can a number of 35 year olds with NYC ties.

Oh for the days of the Thursday night Seton Hall / Providence games...

Pretty nice crowds this afternoon for what it was.

Or USF/ Cinci which I always found classic Big East. Of course, most people were just getting there early for the epic Rutgers/ DePaul match up. I am not a fan of Greensboro either but lets not get carried away... I wouldn't mind them moving it to Charlotte. I would never go to Greensboro and I like cowtowns

You all really don't expect the ACC to all of a sudden change their tourney location to MSG after years in NC? That's not going to happen for awhile. NC has their sponsors also and there is a ton of money involved. When they figure out (and they will) that they can make much more moola in NYC, it will happen. But it's not going to happen right after SU, Pitt, and ND join the league, that's for sure. That would be a slap in the face to them and we are in this league now, and as new comers we gotta go with the flow. But, on the positive side, Georgetown STILL sucks !!
It's not always in Greensboro. They have played in Atlanta, and at the Verizon Center recently.

It will be in Greensboro until 2016 or 17, I forget which so you might as well save your regrets for now.

It will be in Greensboro until 2016 or 17, I forget which so you might as well save your regrets for now.
It's at the Verizon Center in 2016.
Hoya & Terp fans will be appalled.

2017-2021 venues are still TBD. Expect at least one of those to be somewhere in NYC.
I'd also expect at least 2 of those 5 to be back in Greensboro.

2017-2021 venues are still TBD. Expect at least one of those to be somewhere in NYC.
Let's hope one of the venues is in Atlanta.

cusaholic said:

So imagine a few years ago when the big east added Louisville Cincinnati Marquette DePaul etc and Chicago was the number one TV market in the country and New York City wasn't as big sorta like Greensboro. Would any of us here or a other legacy Big East teams want to relocate the tournament all the way in Chicago? Be honest with yourself and don't view it through orange glasses. NC is their home and there is no reason to change in the near future. I deal with this type of thing on a daily basis with my customers, People are creatures of habit, Unless there is a proven financial windfall for the league,they arent going to change.

As the poor soul who was the acting vice president for public affairs at Con Edison during the infamous 1977 blackout, I can attest... Yes, this crap does happen in NYC

"ConEd blames God" LOL

Swofford has been saying the Conference is exploring venues to rotate the Tourney locations. Unlike Trained Goose, he never really developed a taste for public negotiations with reporters. :)

Glad to hear it is moving to the Verizon Center, at least for a year.

Makes so much sense from a travel/entertainment perspective.

Hopefully we get a big turnout that year from the old Big East schools and they realize the benefits of a long term deal in a major media market.

Wow...from Con Ed to a Welch-run GE...that is like hitting five grand slams in one at-bat...

Very shrewd move...

Here is all you need to know.

Capacity for MSG 18,200
Capacity for Greensboro Coliseum 23,000

Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte holds 20,000 and it is considered too small.

More tickets = more money

TV deal will be the same if it's in Greensboro, Charlotte, or NYC

Here is all you need to know.
The games are easier to follow when the lights are on.

Don't be shocked to see another game have a power/lighting issue this week.

syracuse better take down their opponent on friday so I can catch the game saturday... Hopefully a DUKE rematch

The games are easier to follow when the lights are on.

Don't be shocked to see another game have a power/lighting issue this week.

I watch most of the games every year. It's hard to get excited about BC/GT. Lighting hasn't been an issue except this year. I think it will be alright.

The BET was without question one of the best sporting events in the country. Up there w/ the Masters and Rose Bowl. Even if the ACCT eventually makes its way up north, preferably NYC/MSG, every once in a while, it won't be the same. People need to accept that.

Dumb question, but do they sell beer at the games in Greensboro?

The BET was without question one of the best sporting events in the country. Up there w/ the Masters and Rose Bowl. Even if the ACCT eventually makes its way up north, preferably NYC/MSG, every once in a while, it won't be the same. People need to accept that.

Dumb question, but do they sell beer at the games in Greensboro?

No beer at the ACCT

CuseTG2003 said:
So so lame. Sounds more like an awkward & boring middle school dance.

Watch the games today and tomorrow. But watch the crowds as well. With the exception of the students everyone else sits on their hands. So boring.

another change they should make is ending the tourney on saturday night. the sunday games are such a hangover. saturday primetime is where its at.