Greetings from a Clemson Fan. | Syracusefan.com

Greetings from a Clemson Fan.

cutigerfan

Walk On
Good morning, just wanted to drop by and say that a lot of Clemson folks are excited about Syracuse coming into our conference and division of the ACC. We are looking forward to making the trip up there this year and see your campus, tailgate and enjoy a great game. I, for one, am hoping the weather is ok for travel that weekend. Down here, we shut down everything and buy out the break/milk/eggs if there's a threat of 1 inch of snow.

Anyways, we are looking forward to the trip, and are looking forward to hosting you guys down south next year!

Good morning, just wanted to drop by and say that a lot of Clemson folks are excited about Syracuse coming into our conference and division of the ACC. We are looking forward to making the trip up there this year and see your campus, tailgate and enjoy a great game. I, for one, am hoping the weather is ok for travel that weekend. Down here, we shut down everything and buy out the break/milk/eggs if there's a threat of 1 inch of snow.

Anyways, we are looking forward to the trip, and are looking forward to hosting you guys down south next year!

Jesus we dont get snow in early October!

October 5th is the perfect fall weekend. Could be 40 could be 70.

Welcome to the board and we are definitely not only looking forward to playing Clemson, but joining in and playing in the ACC!! Haven't live in Syracuse for 22+ years, but October weather is typically not too bad..kind of like Winter down here in the South (live in Panama City, FL). I am looking forward to visiting other schools for games, as I am sure a lot of other SU fans are as well. Had season's tickets to FSU this past season (wife is a fan and am only 1 hr 20 min from Tally) and went to the Clemson game. Was definitely a geat time and great atmosphere!!

Personnally, I am looking forward to the Maryland (if we go), GA Tech (if we go) and FSU (definitely going) games this year and looking forward to Clemson next year!!

You probably couldn't find a better place for October weather then Syracuse NY..personally I absolutely love it. The beginning of fall in this area is 2nd to none. Comfortable weather and beautiful landscape with the foliage

First weekend of October should be awesome. We have never had snow in Syracuse in September. The earliest snow is usually a freak event in mid October. Typically snow waits until November. If you have the time and the means I suggest you spend a few extra days touring through Upstate NY. The leaves will be at peak in the higher elevations. Definitely bring rain gear if you plan to tour as weather can be real changeable as early Fall evolves but expect temps from 40-75.

I'll be updating this more on Friday...but this will give you a good idea of things to do in Syracuse.
www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

BTW, if you are into tailgating our Internet group will be hosting a big tailgate for the game. We'll invite some of you guys who come over here to post to come to it.

Thanks for stopping by. As others have mentioned, early fall in upstate NY is absolutely gorgeous. Temps in the 50-60s and lot of beautiful foliage. Syracuse is an easy city to fly in and out of, and the restaurants and bars downtown are great fun. Dinosaur BBQ is probably the most famous, but I'm sure everyone here on the board can suggest others as well. Our stadium is on campus (right off the quad) so our parking situation isn't the best. As a result, there isn't really one concentrated area for tailgating. But there's always a pinned thread here where the board regulars organize a crew.

Looking forward to a great game on the 5th! Go Orange!

Thank you for your post we look forward to a spirited rivalry building over the years! Hope you don't mind if HCSS locks you in the Dome per his press conference LOL!

:rolleyes:

Average high temperature for October 5th for Syracuse is about 63 F. Average low is about 44 F. Chance of snow is close to zero.

That time of year, you can go golfing, fishing, hunting, wine tasting, mountain climbing,

CNY has a ton of great courses you can play for really low prices.

The best salmon fishing in the world is about 30 minutes away on the Salmon River near Pulaski, NY. People come from all over to fish here and early October is the height of the salmon season.

If you are a hunter, CNY has all sorts of opportunities for fall hunting.

If you are interested in wine, the nearby Finger Lakes area is one of the best wine growing areas in the world. There are many wineries in this beautiful area and you can go on a wine tasting tour to see what it is all about.

Another idea, if you are an outdoors kind of person, is to head to the nearby Adirondeck Mountains and either take a drive to see the great views of the mountains and the fall foliage, or get out of your car and climb a mountain or two. The Old Forge area has great views and is only about 2 hours away. The High Peaks region of the Adirondecks (3 or 3.5 hours away) has the tallest mountains in the state, is spectacular and there are many marked trails for exploring nature. You can walk on relatively flat ground or scale a mountain over 5000 feet, whatever you want to do.

Lots of Weather Info on Syracuse

Best tailgating location, that is the most concentrated, like most people envision, are the large parking lots on the southwest side of the Dome, in and around the "stadium lot". Lots of good tailgating, tents, music, footballs etc.!

If you like beer, visit Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, NY. The drive there, the scenery, and history in that area will give you a good feel of pre-revolution history in the New England/NY area. Cooperstown is a fantastic town to just "be in" and walk around. There is also the Baseball Hall of Fame, can't forget that I guess.

I absolutely love the Fall time in upstate NY, as people have mentioned. When you get out to a smaller area you can actually smell the Fall. If you have no idea what I mean, you'll know when your here and get out to a smaller area.

Orange Uber Alles!

Glad to be in a conference with another team that recognizes the best color.

We're excited about competing against you guys too. That said, we're pretty blunt and you shouldn't take anything we say personally. For example, I'm going to conclude this email by saying "F Clemson." A naive Clemson fan might be offended, but really, it's a badge of honor.

F Clemson.

Yes, I echo what our fellow Orange fans have said too, welcome aboard. I personally can't wait to get into some ACC action in both football and basketball. Don't be afraid to post often, tell your fellow Tiger fans to come and post if they want to.
And like everyone else said early October is very nice, and do what TexanMark said check out his blog.

And just out of curiosity what fan site do you use sc0ut or an independent site?

This thread has gotten me really pumped up for football season! Like everyone else has said, early October in CNY can be incredibly beautiful. If the weather is good and you have a few hours and want to get out of Syracuse and relax, I recommend the town of Skaneatles (about 1/2 hour drive).

Average high temperature for October 5th for Syracuse is about 63 F. Average low is about 44 F. Chance of snow is close to zero.

That time of year, you can go golfing, fishing, hunting, wine tasting, mountain climbing,

CNY has a ton of great courses you can play for really low prices.

The best salmon fishing in the world is about 30 minutes away on the Salmon River near Pulaski, NY. People come from all over to fish here and early October is the height of the salmon season.

If you are a hunter, CNY has all sorts of opportunities for fall hunting.

If you are interested in wine, the nearby Finger Lakes area is one of the best wine growing areas in the world. There are many wineries in this beautiful area and you can go on a wine tasting tour to see what it is all about.

Another idea, if you are an outdoors kind of person, is to head to the nearby Adirondeck Mountains and either take a drive to see the great views of the mountains and the fall foliage, or get out of your car and climb a mountain or two. The Old Forge area has great views and is only about 2 hours away. The High Peaks region of the Adirondecks (3 or 3.5 hours away) has the tallest mountains in the state, is spectacular and there are many marked trails for exploring nature. You can walk on relatively flat ground or scale a mountain over 5000 feet, whatever you want to do.

Lots of Weather Info on Syracuse

Great post Tomcat. You covered all the bases. Between you and TexanMark, visitors are all set.

Greetings and welcome. If you come a few days early I'll let you rake my leaves so I can go to the game...;)

The Dome is always more exciting when there is a large contingent of visiting fans.

I personally can't wait to visit Death Valley - seems like one of the true gems of college football.

Most Clemson fan's use Tigernet.com...I'm not sure if they use any other boards too

This thread has gotten me really pumped up for football season! Like everyone else has said, early October in CNY can be incredibly beautiful. If the weather is good and you have a few hours and want to get out of Syracuse and relax, I recommend the town of Skaneatles (about 1/2 hour drive).

And please tell our southern friend how to pronounce Skaneatles: "SkinnyAtlas". They even have a beer at Empire Brewing Company (Highly recommended!--great pre- or post-game stop) with the same name: Skinny Atlas Light.

Great post Tomcat. You covered all the bases. Between you and TexanMark, visitors are all set.
Thanks Matt. I just provided a brief overview of some things one can do while in the CNY area that time of year.

I urge Clemson fans to check out TexanMark's tailgating guide for Syracuse for detailed information on all things CNY. It is a great resource that is well worth your time to check out.

Look for a tailgating guide from Mark for Clemson some day. I don't want to speak out of turn or put pressure on him but I am pretty sure Mark will eventually do one for all ACC schools.

Fall is also a great time of year for golf. Lots of great specials

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom