Greetings from a Clemson Fan. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Greetings from a Clemson Fan.

This thread has gotten me really pumped up for football season! Like everyone else has said, early October in CNY can be incredibly beautiful. If the weather is good and you have a few hours and want to get out of Syracuse and relax, I recommend the town of Skaneatles (about 1/2 hour drive).

This thread has gotten me pumped up for the wedding I have to attend on October 5th. The only one all year.

This thread has gotten me pumped up for the wedding I have to attend on October 5th. The only one all year.
dude that blows. Is it a "have to" family/close friend wedding or something with wiggle room (if it's a friend of yours then 50 lashes to him for a fall in the middle of football season wedding date).

You'll happy in the years down the road when the "run" of wedding finally stops, when you hit a certain age.

missed the Florida win in the dome to stand up for friend.....still haven't forgiven ( Listened to Dar Dar kickoff return in Limo )

dude that blows. Is it a "have to" family/close friend wedding or something with wiggle room (if it's a friend of yours then 50 lashes to him for a fall in the middle of football season wedding date).

You'll happy in the years down the road when the "run" of wedding finally stops, when you hit a certain age.

Can't get out of it. The real question is how I decide to be repaid for the sacrifice. Still working on that.

Maybe I'll get lucky, was in a wedding, just a few blocks from the Dome, for the 2008 Penn State game. Thought I'd never get over it. Then once I found out that only one positive thing happened the whole game, and it was on the first play of the game, I felt better.

Actually I hope that never happens to our team again. Won't happen against Penn State again, that's for sure. But Clemson is high octane, like Penn State was for that one year.

Can't get out of it. The real question is how I decide to be repaid for the sacrifice. Still working on that.

Maybe I'll get lucky, was in a wedding, just a few blocks from the Dome, for the 2008 Penn State game. Thought I'd never get over it. Then once I found out that only one positive thing happened the whole game, and it was on the first play of the game, I felt better.

Actually I hope that never happens to our team again. Won't happen against Penn State again, that's for sure. But Clemson is high octane, like Penn State was for that one year.
ooooh man...flashback. that game was filed away back into brain cells never to be used again

When Syracuse Has Its First & Last Snowfalls

Syracuse's first snowfall of winter arrives by November. Although in many years October gets at least a dusting of snow.
The season's last snowfall typically happens in April, yet snow in May does happen occasionally.
Syracuse is normally free of snow every year from June to September

When Syracuse Has Its First & Last Snowfalls

Syracuse's first snowfall of winter arrives by November. Although in many years October gets at least a dusting of snow.
The season's last snowfall typically happens in April, yet snow in May does happen occasionally.
Syracuse is normally free of snow every year from June to September
I don't think they have every had snow from June-Sept as long as records were kept. I think one September they had ice pellets or something like that but it was above freezing. The higher elevations OTH have had snow.

Good morning, just wanted to drop by and say that a lot of Clemson folks are excited about Syracuse coming into our conference and division of the ACC. We are looking forward to making the trip up there this year and see your campus, tailgate and enjoy a great game. I, for one, am hoping the weather is ok for travel that weekend. Down here, we shut down everything and buy out the break/milk/eggs if there's a threat of 1 inch of snow.

Anyways, we are looking forward to the trip, and are looking forward to hosting you guys down south next year!

Thanks! Hoping to make it down there sometime in the future. Just take it easy on us when we first play, lol. Seriously, I have enjoyed watching Clemson play the past decade or so. The teams with Spiller/Davis especially were fun to watch. You guys have awesome unis as well. Cheers!

Average high temperature for October 5th for Syracuse is about 63 F. Average low is about 44 F. Chance of snow is close to zero.

That time of year, you can go golfing, fishing, hunting, wine tasting, mountain climbing,

CNY has a ton of great courses you can play for really low prices.

The best salmon fishing in the world is about 30 minutes away on the Salmon River near Pulaski, NY. People come from all over to fish here and early October is the height of the salmon season.

If you are a hunter, CNY has all sorts of opportunities for fall hunting.

If you are interested in wine, the nearby Finger Lakes area is one of the best wine growing areas in the world. There are many wineries in this beautiful area and you can go on a wine tasting tour to see what it is all about.

Another idea, if you are an outdoors kind of person, is to head to the nearby Adirondeck Mountains and either take a drive to see the great views of the mountains and the fall foliage, or get out of your car and climb a mountain or two. The Old Forge area has great views and is only about 2 hours away. The High Peaks region of the Adirondecks (3 or 3.5 hours away) has the tallest mountains in the state, is spectacular and there are many marked trails for exploring nature. You can walk on relatively flat ground or scale a mountain over 5000 feet, whatever you want to do.

Lots of Weather Info on Syracuse

Thanks for the GREAT info. My group is planning on coming into town a few days early for a day of fishing and maybe a day hiking. Looking forward to it.

The Dome is always more exciting when there is a large contingent of visiting fans.

I personally can't wait to visit Death Valley - seems like one of the true gems of college football.

Of course I'm biased, but Death Valley is awesome in the fall. Clemson just got voted by Southern Living Magazine as the best College Football tailgate in the south, so you can expect a great atmosphere around Death Valley as well.

Gotta love the fact that Clemson fans are worried about snow in CNY in early October...

We worry about snow because we have absolutely no idea how to drive in it. If snow is coming we close down everything.

Thanks for the GREAT info. My group is planning on coming into town a few days early for a day of fishing and maybe a day hiking. Looking forward to it.

You will not regret it. We have some of the best fishing around, no matter what you're looking to catch.

Yes, I echo what our fellow Orange fans have said too, welcome aboard. I personally can't wait to get into some ACC action in both football and basketball. Don't be afraid to post often, tell your fellow Tiger fans to come and post if they want to.
And like everyone else said early October is very nice, and do what TexanMark said check out his blog.

And just out of curiosity what fan site do you use sc0ut or an independent site?

We are looking forward to basketball, too. Please beat Duke and UNC like a drum as often as you can.

As far as Clemson fan sites go, Cutigers.com and Tigerillustrated.com are the pay sites, and both are pretty good. Cutigers.com is the Scout site. Tigernet.com is the free page that has lots of good news and information, but their message board is nuts. There are some good folks on there, but a very vocal minority are too obsessed with Steve Spurrier and South Carolina, firing our coaches, and bashing the ACC to actually discuss anything.

We worry about snow because we have absolutely no idea how to drive in it. If snow is coming we close down everything.

When it comes to snow Syracuse isn't nearly as bad as it is about an hour north (where the good salmon fishing would be). That area gets lake effect snow where they measure it in feet. Like 2-4 feet a clip . I think Syracuse gets a little bit of a bad rap because of the snow belt just to the north. Oh and don't worry if you decide to go fishing up there it will be absolutely beautiful there that time of year . If it were in late November you may have to worry. Hope you enjoy your time!

As far as Clemson fan sites go, Cutigers.com and Tigerillustrated.com are the pay sites, and both are pretty good.

The real quality discussion here happens on the pay side...

The real quality discussion here happens on the pay side...
Here is a Clemson tidbit for the free side. About 15 years ago or so I am down in Myrtle Beach golfing in a fundraiser and became buddies with a few NFL players that were participating. One of the guys was Johnny Rembert, a former All Pro linebacker with the Patriots who was a Clemson grad. A few of us went out to a strip club that evening and this one particular very good looking lady was showing us a lot of attention. As the evening went along, we found out that she was also a Clemson grad, as was her brother, Dale Hatcher, who was the punter for the Rams and a former college teammate of Rembert's. This made for a very interesting and cozy evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom