Greg Davis is number 1 | Syracusefan.com

Greg Davis is number 1

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
D7659959-3C72-4FD3-B78C-F14AA26B62A5.jpeg

He was the stiff from Tulsa, OK as I remember. Came after Etan and Coach Boeheim took him late sight unseen on a recommendation from his HS coach IIRC

Not to pile on, but I remember him as "The Guy Who Couldn't Run."

He was athletic enough, really raw skill-wise, but his running gait was so weird, all bouncing and flailing.

Deshaun with a dreadful 20 points on 20 shots...and somehow almost everyone else is worse.

I remember the total domination on the boards much more than the offensive ineptitude, which probably says something about just how overmatched we were on the boards.

There’s no way that box score is accurate.

Billy Celluck played 1 minute and got 4 fouls, 3 blocks, and took 3 shots? And Greg Davis played 17 minutes in a tourney game?

No way.

The box score is wrong, and the tweet was based on googling a wrong box score.

I don’t remember Greg Davis playing 17 minutes combined in games that mattered. They probably screwed his and Celluck’s minutes up.

Deshaun with a dreadful 20 points on 20 shots...and somehow almost everyone else is worse.

I remember the total domination on the boards much more than the offensive ineptitude, which probably says something about just how overmatched we were on the boards.
20 points on 20 shots….pretty standard operating procedure for an SU guard nowadays, but Deshaun at least had 4 steals and 3 assists. I long for those things now.

There’s no way that box score is accurate.

Billy Celluck played 1 minute and got 4 fouls, 3 blocks, and took 3 shots? And Greg Davis played 17 minutes in a tourney game?

No way.

The box score is wrong, and the tweet was based on googling a wrong box score.

I don’t remember Greg Davis playing 17 minutes combined in games that mattered. They probably screwed his and Celluck’s minutes up.
I think you're likely right. Davis barely played the only season he was here. He got into less games than most of the walk ons.

Kansas outrebounded us something like 55-19 that game. They were the 4 seed and we were the 5. It was a complete mismatch inside. Drew Gooden and Collison just destroyed us from what I recall.
I remember JB at about the 5 minute mark sitting down, tipping his cap more or less to Roy Williams, and sitting back to take the pain like the rest of us. Brutal mismatch, case of a great regular season then a tourney flop, it made me appreciate the seasons that have gone the other way around.

I remember JB at about the 5 minute mark sitting down, tipping his cap more or less to Roy Williams, and sitting back to take the pain like the rest of us. Brutal mismatch, case of a great regular season then a tourney flop, it made me appreciate the seasons that have gone the other way around.
For sure. We were a perimeter oriented team. It was eerily similar to how we've been big boyed against UNC since we joined the ACC. Luckily we will always have 96 and 03 against Roy.

Kansas outrebounded us something like 55-19 that game. They were the 4 seed and we were the 5. It was a complete mismatch inside. Drew Gooden and Collison just destroyed us from what I recall.
Destroyed on the glass by a Roy Williams team - shocking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom