Greg Robinson and the Beaver | Syracusefan.com

Greg Robinson and the Beaver

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
From Andrea Kremer's 1996 segment, "Smash For Cash" about players receiving bonus money for big hits.

gergbeav.jpg

Greg Robinson: “From everything I understand, just going back to my schooldays, a beaver is known as the most diligent worker in the animal kingdom, noted for his ingenuity.”

Andrea Kremer: “Greg Robinson was Pete Carroll’s defensive coordinator in New York, before taking the same job with the Broncos. And although his definition of the beaver sounds strangely familiar, Robinson denies using a stuffed animal as a motivational technique in Denver.”

Kremer (watching tape with Robinson): “What do you use this for?

Greg Robinson: “Use this for? You’re referring to?”

Kremer: “The stuffed animal.”

Robinson: “The stuffed animal? There’s no stuffed animal around here.”

Bill Romanowski: “I think it was our first game, and I knew nothing about ‘the Beaver,’ and sure enough Greg Robinson pulls out this little stuffed animal. And we’re getting ready to go out on the field, and he’s saying, ‘The Beaver is out! The Beaver is out!’ And I’m looking at this guy like he’s nuts.

Andrea Kremer, to Greg Robinson: “You’re denying any knowledge of using this for motivational purposes?”

Robinson: “Uh, absolutely.”

“Smash for Cash” video shows that pay-for-performance was accepted in 1996

Explains a lot of our muffs on defense during his tenure.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

4 years we gave this clown. I seriously doubt the decision makers on the hill for taking 4 years to realize what an delusional idiot this guy is.

From Andrea Kremer's 1996 segment, "Smash For Cash" about players receiving bonus money for big hits.

gergbeav.jpg

Greg Robinson: “From everything I understand, just going back to my schooldays, a beaver is known as the most diligent worker in the animal kingdom, noted for his ingenuity.”

Andrea Kremer: “Greg Robinson was Pete Carroll’s defensive coordinator in New York, before taking the same job with the Broncos. And although his definition of the beaver sounds strangely familiar, Robinson denies using a stuffed animal as a motivational technique in Denver.”

Bill Romanowski: “I think it was our first game, and I knew nothing about ‘the Beaver,’ and sure enough Greg Robinson pulls out this little stuffed animal. And we’re getting ready to go out on the field, and he’s saying, ‘The Beaver is out! The Beaver is out!’ And I’m looking at this guy like he’s nuts.

Andrea Kremer, to Greg Robinson: “You’re denying any knowledge of using this for motivational purposes?”

The quotes above are a bit misleading.

When you read the article it becomes clear that the "beaver" was a Pete Carroll idea/device.

It was given to the player who apparently had the big hit of the game. (The article is not about Robinson but about how NFL players are motivated to make big hits.)

And some of the players quoted in the article liked it.

I recall that Scott Shaffer gave out a "bone" for big hits when he came to Syracuse University. I recall Derrell Smith winning the "bone" on many occasions. I presume that he still does that.

I wouldn't put much stock in the whole thing without knowing more about it.

gergbeav.jpg

They ran this story on ESPN right before our game on Friday night. I wish I paid more attention, but every time Greg Robinson is mentioned I black out and wake up with holes in my walls and bleeding knuckles.

The quotes above are a bit misleading.

When you read the article it becomes clear that the "beaver" was a Pete Carroll idea/device.

It was given to the player who apparently had the big hit of the game. (The article is not about Robinson but about how NFL players are motivated to make big hits.)

And some of the players quoted in the article liked it.

I recall that Scott Shaffer gave out a "bone" for big hits when he came to Syracuse University. I recall Derrell Smith winning the "bone" on many occasions. I presume that he still does that.

I wouldn't put much stock in the whole thing without knowing more about it.

I was going to point out the same things but didn't feel like typing it up. Wasn't worth it because some people believe what they want and don't read something.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

"Greg Robinson and the Beaver" sounds like a b-grade Pron flick about bad football.