Greg Schiano on College Football Radio Today | Syracusefan.com

Greg Schiano on College Football Radio Today

OrangePA

Living Legend
He indicated that Rutger is NYC's team.

He said that in "independent" group determined that Rutgers gets 21% of college TV viewers(?)

That "nobody else is even close"

Says that Rutgers has garnered the three or four highest rated college football games on NYC TV.

He said that Rutgers has more on-campus beds than any school in the US other than Michigan State - I guess in response to the notion that Rutgers is a commuter school.

Anybody know if this stuff is true?

They do have the most beds, but most of them are placed side by side to accomodate this guy

1e4a7f588031a0f25530c651f10095d4.jpg

He's referring to the completely skewed poll that the Times did, where, if you didn't know about the poll, no one would really find it. Rutgers fan found the poll, passed it around (much like the RU sorority girls), and skewed the results. Ergo, while what he says is true, it is inherently fallacious. The creator of the poll even talks about it in the article that it wasn't the best way to conduct the research.

He most likely is quoting that awful NY Times Blog piece on Fan Base sizes.

What he fails to mention is Rutgers gets NJ houses to watch but NY City and NY suburbs aren't watching near that level.

How many of those beds are used on the weekend? I heard it is a suitcase college for the local NJ kids.

He can try to convince all the listeners he wants... We convinced the ACC.

In all sincerity, what else can he say? His school is no longer being discussed as expansion candidates and is on the verge of joining the MAC Conference. Salesmen do what salesmen do...

Anyone with an ounce of integrity would not quote that study as it is so flawed but then again we are talking Schiano here who tells kids that they are going to win the MNC LOL. Schiano is such a used car salesman.

I got banned from the WVU scout board after talking about the game with some of the posters and getting attacked from some of the WVU trolls mainly because of a Buttgers fan. i didn't say one bad thing about WVU.

So, a Rutgers fan comes out of nowhere in the post and starts talking smack and points to that poll. (how pathetic right, a Rutgirls fan comes on WVU's board to talk smack to an SU fan, LOL)

So I read it quite thoroughly and they used a survey with 30,000 internet clicks to calculate into these results, What a joke.

But wait i'm wrong,

RU is so big in NYC, there's an RU flag on every block and RU fans fill up all the NYC metro area stadiums whenever the "home" team plays, Rutgers themed bars line every street in the city, the Empire State building is lit up Red every night.

Jersey State, its NYC's team! :rolling:

He said that in "independent" group determined that Rutgers gets 21% of college TV viewers(?)

Says that Rutgers has garnered the three or four highest rated college football games on NYC TV.

He said that Rutgers has more on-campus beds than any school in the US other than Michigan State - I guess in response to the notion that Rutgers is a commuter school.

The NYT article clearly states that the poll is "not quite scientific". Well, a poll is either scientific or it isn't.

Schiano is the biggest crook in college sports. He's told more lies to more people than the whole SEC combined.

Rutger Hauer? :)

Immediate question to be asked during interview: how could the ACC and ESPN have omitted you from their latest expansion? Are they simply flat-out objectively wrong about the NY media market and how it should be included in their league footprint to maximize revenues?

As others have said, it was a bogus internet poll. It also included NJ as part of NYC. As to the beds, good for them, they are running a brothel.

If you say something enough times you will eventually convince yourself that you are right. Just like he tells recruits that Rutgers is headed to the B1G . . . . .

This keeps getting funnier with every passing day.

So much delicious schadenfreude to enjoy.

popcorn_yes.gif

If you say something enough times you will eventually convince yourself that you are right. Just like he tells recruits that Rutgers is headed to the B1G . . . . .

Fortunately, smarter people (the conferences) do their own research and aren't buying it. But I still wouldn't worry if I was them. They will eventually be filler. They will say otherwise but they have already been neglected by the B10 and ACC in their latest expansions last year and this.

As others have said, it was a bogus internet poll. It also included NJ as part of NYC. As to the beds, good for them, they are running a brothel.

More shading of data from our boy, Shady. He's pure slime.

What makes Rutgers a "commuter school" is not the number of beds they have but rather the number of beds they have versus the number of students attending.

And on top of being a "commuter college", Rutgers has always been a "suitcase college" as large segments of the non-commuter student body head back to their home towns for the weekend to escape the drear of the Rutgers so-called social life. Of course, RU's response to this is that it isn't as bad as it used to be. Congratulations, you have gone from "horrible" to "very bad".

The only reason people go to Rutgers is that it's cheap. That's why so few "out of stat"e students go there. Take away the in-state tuition break and there's absolutely no reason to go there.

Truth be told, on certain days in the summer, you can smell NJ on the northwestern shores of Staten Island, Brooklyn and Manhattan.

I found NYC's #1 Rutgers bar. Best appetizers in town, from what their fans say.

c87b6271-3f54-4768-8b47-2c6eac79c6ab.jpg

<<<He said that in "independent" group determined that Rutgers gets 21% of college TV viewers(?)>>>

Yeah, in old folks homes where the viewers don't control the channel.

Used car salesman. Something tells me this is an example, possibly a mild example, of the tactics Schiano uses with recruits. I hope HCDM can resist the temptation to lower himself to Schiano's level.

Used car salesman. Something tells me this is an example, possibly a mild example, of the tactics Schiano uses with recruits. I hope HCDM can resist the temptation to lower himself to Schiano's level.

I agree. I'd rather our wealthy alumni step up and make us the most corrupt program in college football.

I heard him on satellite radio this am also. Different interview though so he must have been making the rounds. When asked about expansion he said his job was to win football games. He discussed being the #1 team in turnover recovery and it was mentioned Rutgers was like 116 in rushing. Finally the interviewed ended discussing how he has spent a decade laying the ground work to be the #1 recruiting school in the northeast and the interviewer was stating he thought Rutgers had the best chance to become just that and if they did they could take on anyone in the country with all of that untapped talent. After that statement I turned back to mike and mike I couldn't take anymore of that crap.

Just another reminder why we call the man "Shady". The Rutgers internet stooges clearly take their delusional lead from their Supreme Leader. Anybody who lives around here knows its complete and utter nonsense. No mid-major university tries harder to be a big-boy school than Rutgers.