Gruden likes Nassib: A lot | Syracusefan.com

Gruden likes Nassib: A lot

Who doesn't Gruden like a lot? That said, I'll take good press for my boy Nassib

Exactly. I can't stand watching him. There isn't a QB he sits down with that he doesn't say is a future star and can do this and that. Great for Nassib but his schtick is pretty predictable.

Exactly. I can't stand watching him. There isn't a QB he sits down with that he doesn't say is a future star and can do this and that. Great for Nassib but his schtick is pretty predictable.

There's no way he can expose a kid who willingly went on the show. Kids stock drops or even perception gets worse? Wouldn't be able to get anyone to come on again.

He's not there to actually evaluate.

There's no way he can expose a kid who willingly went on the show. Kids stock drops or even perception gets worse? Wouldn't be able to get anyone to come on again.

He's not there to actually evaluate.

Exactly--- people act like he's dumb or not able to be critical. He has to talk about the good points or he wouldn't have a willing guest or a segment.

LOL - I never said that he shouldn't do that. On another thread at least one person pointed out how critical he is and brings it to these draft prospects, which made me laugh because he does the complete opposite.

But essentially what you both are saying is that because he has to be nice to everyone on the show and do content that makes the prospect only look good; the show is a fake. That's why I don't watch it.

Gruden's job isn't to shred these kids. If you watch the show, he starts off by throwing up little-league questions to these guys and builds from there. As the conversation moves forward, you can see who "get's it" and who doesn't.

He isn't necessarily trying to stump or embarrass these kids. He's testing their limits. Once he's reached their limit, he backs off.

Exactly--- people act like he's dumb or not able to be critical. He has to talk about the good points or he wouldn't have a willing guest or a segment.
I get your point about his QB show, but even when he's just doing MNF, he loves everyone and everything, which is fine, but it kind of diminishes the value of his praise. That said, it's better than the opposite - guys who trash everything.

LOL - I never said that he shouldn't do that. On another thread at least one person pointed out how critical he is and brings it to these draft prospects, which made me laugh because he does the complete opposite.

But essentially what you both are saying is that because he has to be nice to everyone on the show and do content that makes the prospect only look good; the show is a fake. That's why I don't watch it.

Near every show on TV is "fake" - its entertainment. I'm cool with it not being someone's thing - but as entertainment it beats a lot of what's out there. Esp with Nassib.