Guards for 2012-13 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Guards for 2012-13

you guys are both right. Given JB's system, I don't see why it would be a problem for MCW to bring the ball up (i.e., play point) and run the offense next to BT at the 2 (his position this year).

If BT needs a blow or is in a slump, TC can come in.
If MCW needs a rest, TC can come in and play the 2 and BT will move over.

It's not as deep as this year (Scoop/MCW - 1, and BT/DW - 2). But it will work out.

you guys are both right. Given JB's system, I don't see why it would be a problem for MCW to bring the ball up (i.e., play point) and run the offense next to BT at the 2 (his position this year).

If BT needs a blow or is in a slump, TC can come in.
If MCW needs a rest, TC can come in and play the 2 and BT will move over.

It's not as deep as this year (Scoop/MCW - 1, and BT/DW - 2). But it will work out.

It will work out as long as there are no injuries. In the past when JB has gone with 3 guards, he had a 4th guy (a forward) that was 6'4"-6'5" and could handle the ball that he could slide in there if needed. Next year we may not have that option, so it potentially could be an issue. Let's face it, James, Jerami and Mookie are not guards in any way shape or form.

It will work out as long as there are no injuries. In the past when JB has gone with 3 guards, he had a 4th guy (a forward) that was 6'4"-6'5" and could handle the ball that he could slide in there if needed. Next year we may not have that option, so it potentially could be an issue. Let's face it, James, Jerami and Mookie are not guards in any way shape or form.

True. My gut tells me, in a pinch (fouls, injuries, etc...), James could play the 2. Is it his ideal position, no. But obviously he has the shot to play there, and his handle/court savy are much improved. The problem would be on defense -- can he stay in front of the opponent's 2 guard? Even there I like his chances a lot more lately.

I think on occasion that has been true...Josh Pace and Paul Harris come to mind.
But I don't think we had four guards or a combination of three guards and a true ball handling small forward all that often.

Last season (2010-11) we had only the three guards Scoop, Triche & Dion. I wouldn't consider Joseph someone that could fill at a guard slot, at least not if you don't consider Mookie as someone who could do it.

2009-10 Scoop, Triche & Andy - no one else.