Gus Johnson calling SU-USC Game | Syracusefan.com

Gus Johnson calling SU-USC Game

bnoro

Lurker
If this isn't good news for the underdog, I don't know what is... UPSET SPECIAL.

I like how Daryl Johnston mentioned the Pinstripe Bowl victory during his call of the Falcons vs. Bears game. :)

I like how Daryl Johnston mentioned the Pinstripe Bowl victory during his call of the Falcons vs. Bears game. :)

Really? Cool. What was the context?

Fox promoted next week's FX! broadcast of, as Kenny Albert put it, "Daryl Johnston's alma-mater Syracuse versus USC" (or something similar). Daryl chimed in with "The Pinstripe Bowl champion Syracuse".

Good to hear him mention it.

When I lived in DFW he used to be a weekly guest on a local sports show. I remember him one day dissing the whole Heisman voting process in reference to Donny's snub. Around that time he also mentioned something about "I don't know what's going on up there", referring to Syracuse. This was during the GRob days.

Fox promoted next week's FX! broadcast of, as Kenny Albert put it, "Daryl Johnston's alma-mater Syracuse versus USC" (or something similar). Daryl chimed in with "The Pinstripe Bowl champion Syracuse".

Good to hear him mention it.

When I lived in DFW he used to be a weekly guest on a local sports show. I remember him one day dissing the whole Heisman voting process in reference to Donny's snub. Around that time he also mentioned something about "I don't know what's going on up there", referring to Syracuse. This was during the GRob days.

Good stuff. Thanks

Anthony whats his name on the DirecTV red zone channel also mentioned SU twice today.

The first was after a Mike Williams TD, giving credit to "Mike Williams from Syracuse"

And then when Donovan McNabb had a long scramble run, he said something like "In early anticipation for Syracuse University's showdown with USC next week, Donovan showing he still can run" or something close to that.

Anthony whats his name on the DirecTV red zone channel also mentioned SU twice today.

The first was after a Mike Williams TD, giving credit to "Mike Williams from Syracuse"

And then when Donovan McNabb had a long scramble run, he said something like "In early anticipation for Syracuse University's showdown with USC next week, Donovan showing he still can run" or something close to that.
That is because Andrew Siciliano on the Red Zone Channel is one of our many Newhouse alums in the sports media. Darryl should have said to Kenny your Father's alma mata as well.

That is because Andrew Siciliano on the Red Zone Channel is one of our many Newhouse alums in the sports media. Darryl should have said to Kenny your Father's alma mata as well.

Ahh, did not know that. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom