Gus Johnson is losing his right now | Syracusefan.com

Gus Johnson is losing his right now

Marsh01

Living Legend
Northwestern ties it against OSU and he has offficially lost his mind!!!!

he really did... never saw an announcer lose his like that. hilarious. ooohh tough break.

Wow poor Northwestern. Lose a 2 point heartbreaker.

OSU is VERY shaky right now and dont even resemble the same team they were 1 month ago.

alas, Sully wins it for OSU.
but yeah, gus was unhinged on that northwestern 3

NW really played that horribly... protect the hoop let them beat you n a jumper What.

Can you imagine if that shot to win fell? He would have probably had a coronary.
no doubt.
he was oddly (relatively) subdued on Sullinger's winning shot - pulling for n'western?

no doubt.
he was oddly (relatively) subdued on Sullinger's winning shot - pulling for n'western?

when he was signing off he sounded like he just lost his best friend, completely dejected lol

Hard not to root for Northwestern. Will be a great story if they make the tournament this year.

Hard not to root for Northwestern. Will be a great story if they make the tournament this year.
Wonder if them or USF would be a more surprise at-large

Both teams are pretty much equal. Northwestern's SOS is much better while RPI are about the same. I think Northwestern's win over Mich St is more impressive, then USF over Louisville. I also believe the committee would push for Northwestern over USF, simply due to their years of futility.

A few Key Wins should mean nothing when you have THIRTEEN opportunities against top 50 teams and go 2-11. A 1-4 against top 50 teams at home is below average for a bubble team - you can't possibly be giving them any credit for their win against Michigan St.. Pretty much every bubble team would win at least once out of four games against Baylor, Michigan, Michigan St and Ohio St at home. So why should Northwestern have it as a major separator on their resume.

Both teams are pretty much equal. Northwestern's SOS is much better while RPI are about the same. I think Northwestern's win over Mich St is more impressive, then USF over Louisville. I also believe the committee would push for Northwestern over USF, simply due to their years of futility.
b

Nothing personal, but I hate when people separate the RPI and SOS. "The RPI is same, but the other team has a better SOS so give them the edge" --- do people not realize that RPI is heavily based on SOS? You should never give the edge to two equal RPI teams, because one has a better SOS.

What would a Gus Johnson thread be without a video of Gus Johnson goin crazy

b

Nothing personal, but I hate when people separate the RPI and SOS. "The RPI is same, but the other team has a better SOS so give them the edge" --- do people not realize that RPI is heavily based on SOS? You should never give the edge to two equal RPI teams, because one has a better SOS.
OK.....Northwestern's RPI is better. All I was trying to post is that Northwestern is a nice story if they make the tournament.

OK.....Northwestern's RPI is better. All I was trying to post is that Northwestern is a nice story if they make the tournament.

As I said nothing personal -- basically every CBS and ESPN analyst does the same thing.

I love Gus Johnson...but I still have nightmares of "Sorrentine...hit that from the parking lot!" every time I hear his voice. It's horrifying.

Northwestern has had some heartbreakers this year. Dropped 2 to Michigan in OT, Purdue hit a game winner with like 10-15 seconds left, Myers Leonard blocked a game winning shot in the final seconds, then last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom